test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

not enjoyable

spiderx22spiderx22 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
ok dont get me wrong i love the new content and all the new stuff you guys added,but i dont know what you were thinking when u made every advanced stf impossible to complete,in fact even the tholians seem extremely difficult,i have very good gear so that isnt the issue. i pay alot of money to cryptic for this game because i love it but you made it downright unenjoyable to play,the pve's were fine the way they were why change them? now you are lucky if u get past the first group of spheres in infescted it takes so much time that the mission fails before you even get to the gate....please cryptic revert the pve's back to there original form they werent broke to begin with and didn't need fixed or mucked with.if this doesnt get addressed i may just have to stop playing and spend my money on a different game that isnt cryptic.
Post edited by spiderx22 on

Comments

• Options
    siztemmathis1siztemmathis1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Agreed. Was playing an easy Starbase Defense tonight, and even with all lvl 50+ captains, we were still decimated. Everyone ended up just quitting. It wasn't even remotely a "whoa, this is going to be a hard fight." It was simply a "are you kidding me? Fk this"
  • Options
    casper32433casper32433 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The devs know about this issue, a lot of the normal stf's r scaling to lvl 60 instead of 50, like fleet alert and fleet defense. They said they would get this fixed as soon as possible.
  • Options
    shinkojiro00shinkojiro00 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Not just stf's, a lot of everything has become super hard. Im trying to do a foundary mission that I havent done since delta rising came up (mostly since foundary missions weren't accessible since) and these ships are stupid hard now. The first enemy ship I had to attack took me from full health and full shields to dead in 2 seconds. Wth is that? I finally kill that, and the next one has 147k hull strength and I just cant take it down before it kills me, its attacks are ripping my shileds apart and its heavy plasma torpedoes are insta-death.

I'm glad it wasn't just me with all the other missions tho. i was starting to believe my ship just sucks. I cant even barely do missions with recommended level of 35, and im level 56 now. Doing Deep space 9 area missions now and Its just too hard, all the ships are super buffed with extreme shileds high damage and hull strength of over 100k each.
  • Options
    gagocashgagocash Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, make the npcs superhard to beat with superstrong shields and superstrong hull, so you need supergear to beat them, but for that you have to use the superexpensive crafting and superexpensive upgrade system. of course the a.i. of the npcs is still the old scripted and superdumb a.i., the only difference to the old session is, they have increased the hull healthpoints and shield capacity numbers of the npcs to some really high numbers. higher than your maximum outgoing damage. hahahaha. and they call this all new "content".
    M.A.C.O. ELITE COMMANDER & KIRK'S PROTEGE
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Okay There are many points to discuss here.

1 The Normal STF's are not supposed to be leveling the Team to 60, this has already been discussed and they are working on a Fix.

2 They have already annouced that they will be adjusting the Scaling of the Mission.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=19998321#post19998321

I have found most of the Missions and STF's Extremely well balanced, and these test were preformed on a Brand New Character, and by that I mean I created this Character and leveled him to 50 within Three Days before Delta Rising's Launch.

He has no Reputation gear and has had no problem completing these Missions/stf's

What the devs have done is force people to think for themselves, and work as a team and use strategy. MORE DPS, is not the Solution to anything anymore, you have to work together and find the weaknesses and know exactly when to exploit them and that will take time for everyone to learn and begin to execute.

My Suggestion, don't pug anything, always find a group of Friends and run things together, join some of the chat channels there are many around with lots of people who can and are willing to help. http://sto.gamepedia.com/Global_Channel_Directory

Also, Take a look at the Wiki, I'm sure most of the Delta Rising Content will be arriving there soon.