test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

new expansion

kiilwonkiilwon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Federation Discussion
Do i need to buy the expansion to beable to play in it?
Post edited by kiilwon on

Comments

• Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No, the game is free. Only Ships and stuff rquiere money/zen/dilithium (whatever you choose to spend for it).
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A caveat...

The Advanced and Elite content are very to extremely hard and you will not be able to play them using free starships or Mirror starships purchased from the Exchange. To play these missions you either need to upgrade your T5 starship that you either purchased from the C-Store or with Lobi Crystals. Or you can simply purchase a T6 starship from the C-Store.

Other than the Advance and Elite content there are no other content in the game that I am aware of that requires more than what the game provides you at no charge.
  • Options
    pepper8892pepper8892 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is my first time on the forums. I wanted to say, that cryptic has taken the fun from the game with this new expansion. I upgraded 4 of my ships to tier 5-U, and none are able to complete any of the "Advanced" stf's. I know, the difficulty level was a little low, but my thinking that was ok, (could use a little uping). However, I'm a older guy that just likes star trek. I have difficult all day, with work, family etc... and this game was like a release, where I could come, and be the John Wayne or Capt. Kirk, but now, I think, my money is better off, staying in my pocket. I'm very sorry, you guys messed up a really fun game.
  • Options
    tribeslegendtribeslegend Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Back to WoW i go....

This **** is garbage now. GJ Cryptic! *sarcasm*
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Back to WoW i go....

This **** is garbage now. GJ Cryptic! *sarcasm*

Well maybe if you had focused on the OPs question rather than b*tching around, it would be a little bit better.

Seriously, if you are not gonna help, just be silent... No one wants to hear senseless whining.

OP: It's entirely free... Lots of people have already said this, but all missions can be played without "much" problem without spending alot of money.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    ktm1ktm1 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    to answer the OP's question, all NORMAL queues and missions can be played without paying a cent for the higher level stuff (but grinding for some dil over the course of a month to buy a t5 and upgrade it or a t6 is possible).

to respond to the rage quitters, people have been crying for challenge forever. now we have it. deal with it. i to am a mostly casual player and find the new difficulties too challenging, because i dont number crunch, optimize for maximum dps or guild level strategize. thats on ME to change My game if i want to compete on the new hard stuff. if the new advanced and elite stuff is to hard for you? stay on normal difficulty!! ALL content can be played on normal difficulty without the need to spend anything or be a hardcore player.
    space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kiilwon wrote: »
    Do i need to buy the expansion to beable to play in it?

As it's been posted, no you do not need to purchase the expansion to play.

Since people are taking this in other directions, this thread is closed.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.