test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[BUG]Outdated Character Looks in the Selection Screen

janetza#4790 janetza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Character name: Queen D'ilan@Janetza Federation-Aligned Romulan

Details: When I logout while being in the space map my character has very much outdated looks in the character selection screen.
If I logout while being on the ground map my character has proper current looks.
Also, same outdated looks are being used in the cutscenes for my character.
Bridge officers looks are being updated normally.

This is my only character which has this issue. I don't know if anybody else experiencing this. Other Fed-Aligned romulans or maybe kdf aligned too. It has been long ago when I have submitted a ticket regarding this issue and received a generic reply "To relog and verify game files" like this issue can be on my end.

Thanks

In-game handle @Janetza
Post edited by janetza#4790 on

Comments

• Options
    vnexusvnexus Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think I kno the 'issue' you speak of. I always assumed it just defaulted to your 1st Outfit Slot but I've yet to test that. Though I wear alternate outfits, I rarely change my 1st Outfit Slot

-V
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited October 2014
    I know exactly what you are referring to... happens on my Rommy-FED toon, as well.

Get this... if you get the chance to access the tailor while in sector space (like, when commissioning a new BOFF)... look at your character. You'll have two outfit slots. One will say "NULL MESSAGE" or something, and cannot be accessed... this will be your current character's outfit. The second... old outfit, fully customizable.

Very minor, but weird, bug. It's nothing compared to NOT being able to play the game at all, like us Mac users. :(
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    janetza#4790 janetza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    vnexus wrote: »
    I think I kno the 'issue' you speak of. I always assumed it just defaulted to your 1st Outfit Slot but I've yet to test that. Though I wear alternate outfits, I rarely change my 1st Outfit Slot

-V
    You are right. It you logout while being on space it resets to the first outfit slot for federation and kdf players.
    mhall85 wrote: »
    I know exactly what you are referring to... happens on my Rommy-FED toon, as well.

Get this... if you get the chance to access the tailor while in sector space (like, when commissioning a new BOFF)... look at your character. You'll have two outfit slots. One will say "NULL MESSAGE" or something, and cannot be accessed... this will be your current character's outfit. The second... old outfit, fully customizable.
    Interesting. I have accessed tailor from the space using purchased bridge officer and it showed to me 2 extra outfit slots I don't usually have. While in space, my character has 4 outfit slots overall. First and second shows the outdated looks. 3 and 4 are same as 2 and 3 on the ground tailor. I can not edit any of these because it allows to edit only the bridge officer you have bought while in space.
    I think that first slot which seen only in space is even from my old character which is deleted!
    Second slot has "wearing now" icon so game uses it while character is in space I suppose.

It reminds me of KDF specific tailor issue were their outfit slots were becoming unusable.

In-game handle @Janetza