test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO, bugged? (Graphical Issue)

doctoryaydoctoryay Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Graphical and Sound Issues
Just patched the game after a long 2 hour wait, however after I pass the DR screen its just black, all black and won't show the character select screen. However I can still hear the music and my cursor was turned into the Federation Com badge.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
Post edited by doctoryay on

Comments

• Options
    darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    doctoryay wrote: »
    Just patched the game after a long 2 hour wait, however after I pass the DR screen its just black, all black and won't show the character select screen. However I can still hear the music and my cursor was turned into the Federation Com badge.

I am having the exact same issue.

However, I logged in after the patch today and all was good. I played the new content and was on for over 3 maybe 4 hours.
    Logged off for a few hours and I am now experiencing the same exact issue as posted by the OP.

Have updated, rolled back and re-updated my drivers, attempting to run the game after each one, and still had the same problem each time.

EDIT:
    "Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL) while resetting the device.
    Technical Details: NVIDIA GeForce GT 610
  • Options
    ryzchefryzchef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Same issue. Reloaded my driver several times, went thru Dell's website & all of my components are functioning properly and all the drivers are up to date. Help!!

Tried both in Arc and outside Arc. Also crashes Firefox every time I get past the Delta Rising screen for some reason...
  • Options
    bluethirdworldbluethirdworld Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Exact same problem for 9+h now. Sometimes it will do this, sometimes will crash th e entire computer, blue screen of death goes by too fast to see what the issue is, can never generate Cryptic error report. Worked fine until DR patch.
    Not the 'crash to desktop' bug.
    Re-installing STO from scratch now...

Intel Core i5-3330 CPU @ 3GHz 3Ghz
    4GB ram
    64-bit
    Intel HD Graphics
  • Options
    silverrain79silverrain79 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I patched and played (twice) today with no problems other than a "pixel shader error" the first time. Then I went to run an errand and came back and now this. I can hear the character login page load up, I can even click *blindly* and log in to the game. But still just a blank screen.

Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (D3DDERR_INVALIDCALL) while resetting the device. NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT
    Delirium Tremens
    XO of Training
    Tier 5 Starbase, Tier 3 Embassy, Tier 3 Dilithium Mine, Tier 3 Spire
    Join us at www.dtfleet.com
  • Options
    doctoryaydoctoryay Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014

A couple of hours later the black screen still exist. Hope cryptic knows about this soon!
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Does anybody know if this can be fixed & how yet?
  • Options
    coraleccoralec Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am having this same issue...why can't cryptic just run a stable game like a good company.
  • Options
    darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There is a post in another thread that suggested running the game in safe mode (can be done from the "options" tab on the Launcher).
    When you get into the game go to the Options in the game and set the Graphics to Directx3D 9, it's likely on D3D 11.
    Next, close the game and reload it in normal mode. Should get you back in the game.

After I did all of the above, my graphics in the game were terrible. So just to see what would happen, I went back into the Game Options for graphics and changed it back to D3D 11. I also noticed at this point that the game was set to play in "Full Screen" were previously it was set at "Window Maximized" by default. So I changed that too. Everything is running as it used to prior to Delta Rising. Graphics wise.
    Hope this info helps! :)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    darpink wrote: »
    There is a post in another thread that suggested running the game in safe mode (can be done from the "options" tab on the Launcher).
    When you get into the game go to the Options in the game and set the Graphics to Directx3D 9, it's likely on D3D 11.
    Next, close the game and reload it in normal mode. Should get you back in the game.

After I did all of the above, my graphics in the game were terrible. So just to see what would happen, I went back into the Game Options for graphics and changed it back to D3D 11. I also noticed at this point that the game was set to play in "Full Screen" were previously it was set at "Window Maximized" by default. So I changed that too. Everything is running as it used to prior to Delta Rising. Graphics wise.

There is no safe mode - the options are Show all games, Show tray icon, Minimize to tray, Fast launch, On-demand patching and Force verify. Can you tell me which one you checked? Thanks!

Still not working after the 4 hour patch tonight...
  • Options
    cyberdeath666cyberdeath666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    im still getting this dam graphical crash a well so much for the pact i was just about to level up to 57 and now im lucky if i even get to the DR screen before it go's black and kicks me out with that dam sounds and error code
    [SIGPIC]AhhLvG.jpg
    [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zebramaniiizebramaniii Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am also having similar issues. I have two x Ati Radeon hd 5670 and prior to the launch of Delta rising was having no major issues. Now every now and then the screen goes black and sometime I get the Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL) message.
    ***Sausages for All***
    Federation - Mirel II, Tala Lyleh sh'Ezlem, Vro'kul, Jahrel, Giweatu, Jhrol th'Ezlem, Katariina Rebane, Eleftheria Palaiologou, Surel, Saimon, TheEfficientSaurian
    KDF -Mirel I, Anirez Norai, Talash
    Romulans - T'Lara, Makath 'The Needle' Ayailat, Mirel III
  • Options
    drakomagidrakomagi Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yep. I'm still getting these same issues. It's like the game doesn't like certain resolutions or something along those lines.
  • Options
    echogearechogear Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Man.. this sucks I can't update my graphic driver ((Seriously AMD YOU SUCK!!)) without either crashing or having the install stall at 70% and get suck in a never ending loop.. I just want to be able to save setting sO I don't have to spend fifteen minutes resetting every thing when I load in safe mode.
  • Options
    coolnamediangelocoolnamediangelo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    darpink wrote: »

After not playing this game for some months I became bored. Logged in only to find a black screen. The game still sucks, but I can't complain for something for "free".