test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Client Crashes

nazelnagnazelnag Member Posts: 230 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
So, server down with new patch today to correct some issues with the new season ...

wile where waiting for it to go back up, here a few thoughts ...

1 - Lowering the graphic settings seems to have no effect at the character selection screen. it still shows in high quality, unnecessary, when all i want, is a fast load and quick selection.
(no wonder some people complain about not being able to log on).

2 - Bloom seems to be out of control.
high coloured hair, shiny shots than before. seems every season or some patches, the graphics are reset.
Lowering the bloom down a bit, doesn't seem to have an effect.
On last crystalline entity event, you reset my graphics and gave more effects on my ship shots. i reduced it to a lower quality, so it could handle situations like crystalline entity better (lots of npc's and lots of shooting)

Trying to lower the graphics seems to have no effect and still shows in high detail, which ends up crashing the client in situations like lots of npc's. or showing too much bloom on hair.

3 - Collecting and starting Dof "Research and Development" missions seems to be worst and worst.
when was introduced, it seemed to work ok.
Then, you changed something on the dof missions, and now, i see them as "finished" with "-Time" ... but i have to wait for the missions to be delivered one by one.

Now ... when i try to restart the Research Projects again, not only i have to wait for the mission to be delivered, but i also have to wait for the mission to highlight the "start" button.

... the waiting time climbed from "immediate" to "2 minutes" ... 2 minutes waiting to start a f#%!#g R&D mission ... per each 4 R&D mission out of 4-5 different department.
- do you know how annoying it is to have to wait 2 minutes x 4 or 5 ? that's like 8 or 10 minutes just for 1 character when it used to take like 10 seconds to start them all.

4 - The client seems to be running on higher settings than what we indicated on the graphic options, leading to people not being able to log on and client crashes.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    casper32433casper32433 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    nazelnag wrote: »
    So, server down with new patch today to correct some issues with the new season ...

wile where waiting for it to go back up, here a few thoughts ...

1 - Lowering the graphic settings seems to have no effect at the character selection screen. it still shows in high quality, unnecessary, when all i want, is a fast load and quick selection.
    (no wonder some people complain about not being able to log on).

2 - Bloom seems to be out of control.
    high coloured hair, shiny shots than before. seems every season or some patches, the graphics are reset.
    Lowering the bloom down a bit, doesn't seem to have an effect.
    On last crystalline entity event, you reset my graphics and gave more effects on my ship shots. i reduced it to a lower quality, so it could handle situations like crystalline entity better (lots of npc's and lots of shooting)

Trying to lower the graphics seems to have no effect and still shows in high detail, which ends up crashing the client in situations like lots of npc's. or showing too much bloom on hair.

3 - Collecting and starting Dof "Research and Development" missions seems to be worst and worst.
    when was introduced, it seemed to work ok.
    Then, you changed something on the dof missions, and now, i see them as "finished" with "-Time" ... but i have to wait for the missions to be delivered one by one.

Now ... when i try to restart the Research Projects again, not only i have to wait for the mission to be delivered, but i also have to wait for the mission to highlight the "start" button.

... the waiting time climbed from "immediate" to "2 minutes" ... 2 minutes waiting to start a f#%!#g R&D mission ... per each 4 R&D mission out of 4-5 different department.
    - do you know how annoying it is to have to wait 2 minutes x 4 or 5 ? that's like 8 or 10 minutes just for 1 character when it used to take like 10 seconds to start them all.

4 - The client seems to be running on higher settings than what we indicated on the graphic options, leading to people not being able to log on and client crashes.

I was having the same issue as u and saw post on another crash thread to bypass arc and use game launcher directly, locate exe file in game directory and launch straight from that. I did this and loading into game perfectly with no lag.
  • Options
    nazelnagnazelnag Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    this is more about the client graphic setting running higher than what they're specified on the Graphic options. one of the cases, is on the selection screen.