test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to stay connected, or get launcher to come up after patch

telemetrustelemetrus Member Posts: 12 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate goes to 5 tries and says can't connect. And if for some reason it does connect, I can't stay in game longer than 2 min before it disconnects.

The last time this happened (which was the last major patch with new R&D etc), I received no help. Also, just like last time, I can't use the support system. Just forums.

I suspect like last time my only solution will be to do a complete uninstall (including ARC), unless someone in a proper office can respond this time and offer me some glimmer of another solution.
Post edited by telemetrus on

Comments

• Options
    ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Servers seem laggy/buggy the last half hour or so - I don't think you're alone.
  • Options
    kershmeykershmey Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Having the same issue here, and am quite certain the problem is on their end, not mine. Servers seem to be in some sort of trouble. Just started playing this game last night, getting it downloaded was a chore (arc and steam fought over which gets to run it, and in doing so somehow made the game forget I'd already downloaded a 10gig patch, and so downloaded the 10gig patch again), but it was running fine. Had about 20 minutes of decent play tonight before things went to hell, now I can't connect/get disconnected soon after when I do. Uninstall feature is looking increasingly tempting, but I'll give it a bit more time.
  • Options
    malebissemalebisse Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Even after today's patch I've been unable to launch the game. It crashes on all attempts to play at the Cryptic screen, before you get to Character selection.

Have tried all suggestions, lowering video quality, force verifying files, launching in safe mode and compatibility mode, on both Holodeck and Tribble servers, but the client crashes.

ARC Launcher is also hosed and won't connect and then crashes constantly. The Repair Arc app also crashes.

I broke-down and downloaded STO through my Steam account, but this did not work either. I get the launcher updater windows

Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate
    Trying to update Launcher
    Please be patient
    Tried connecting 5 times

after failing to connect 5 times I get this dialog.

Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your
    Internet Connection. If problems persist, please contact Technical
    Support

Now understand that I have tried every way to launch STO, straight from the client which crashes to desktop, then I tried ARC, but ARC is screwed up and won't launch, finally I tried through Steam, but the STO launcher won't update when launched through Steam.
  • Options
    telemetrustelemetrus Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Update:

By going directly into the sto file and starting the application from there, I'm back in and with no issues. In fact, at the moment the game seems to run a little smoother than before.

From this, I'd say the error is in ARC. I tried multiple times through ARC and failed every time. One time through the sto application and it runs fine.
  • Options
    casper32433casper32433 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    telemetrus wrote: »
    Update:

By going directly into the sto file and starting the application from there, I'm back in and with no issues. In fact, at the moment the game seems to run a little smoother than before.

From this, I'd say the error is in ARC. I tried multiple times through ARC and failed every time. One time through the sto application and it runs fine.

I can confirm this works, just used my raptr app (came with my raedon vid card) and loaded just fine and quick. Hope this helps others get back in game.
  • Options
    nevetskangnevetskang Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It took forever to do the 14GB patch. Crashed about 6 times before it took. Got error 31 each time. After dumping and reloading both Arc and STO the patch finally loaded. Now I'm crashing on the Delta Rising screen with a fatal error. I haven't heard a reply from anybody after subbmitting multiple reports.