test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Painful high-frequency noise

zombiedeadheadedzombiedeadheaded Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Graphical and Sound Issues
Well, apparently Cryptic think its kinda OK to blast a deafening high frequency blast into my ears during a system patrol (Sun flare or some other in Farn System). But hey, thats OK, I only have tinnitus, which apart from being annoying, painful, and ruining the quality of my life, only happens to get like 200% worse if I happen to get a blast of guess what, high frequency noise.
So no sleep for me, just pain and misery.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
Post edited by zombiedeadheaded on

Comments

• Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    unless it was at a certain DB, you already had hearing damage.

beside, a short blast wouldn't give you hearing damage.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
  • Options
    ednarulesednarules Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    heh I have tinnitus as well, getting to sleep on occasion is hell. I've learned to block most of it out, but still takes me a good hour to get to sleep.

I turn STO music/SFX waay down. I'd rather listen to the drone of my PC fans.
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Umm... Well, appropriate username I suppose.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Well that's getting your prorities right, well done.
  • Options
    xaramanxaraman Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well, apparently Cryptic think its kinda OK to blast a deafening high frequency blast into my ears during a system patrol
    You wearing headphones? I'm assuming you are because of the way you say "blast into my ears".

You do realise how dangerous headphones are to your hearing? Especially if you're not careful about the levels you're sending directly into your ear canal? You should do, especially as you have Tinnitus.
  • Options
    ednarulesednarules Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hah. my post deleted. Musn't reveal that mods are busy deleting/editing posts/threads!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    xaraman wrote: »
    You wearing headphones? I'm assuming you are because of the way you say "blast into my ears".

You do realise how dangerous headphones are to your hearing? Especially if you're not careful about the levels you're sending directly into your ear canal? You should do, especially as you have Tinnitus.
    Will people with no medical knowledge, kindly stop feeling like they have to post just because they can. What are you trying to achieve by that post, did you make yourself feel clever, or special? Do you often feel compelled to give medical advice to strangers? I realise those years of study at the University Of Internet have made you feel like your Always Right, and that everyone else is desperately in need of your knowledge, but , sorry to break it to you, but you know a lot less about Me, than I do.