test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Respec *SOLUTION*

pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Instead of trying to respec at the skill trainer, I went into Sol System, opened my skill window, clicked respec. It wiped my skills and I built them back up.
Post edited by pulserazor on

Comments

• sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    pulserazor wrote: »
    Instead of trying to respec at the skill trainer, I went into Sol System, opened my skill window, clicked respec. It wiped my skills and I built them back up.

this didn't work for me. clicking on respec and the skill window just disappears.
  • lordcuttersladelordcutterslade Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    worked for me thanks :D

now you just need to find a fix for the space traits to show up in my personal trait list :D
    [SIGPIC]Everything is awesome![/SIGPIC]
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    this didn't work for me. clicking on respec and the skill window just disappears.

When the window closes, it also flashes a message across the screen to say your skills have been reset. Then you open the window again and assign them as you would normally.

I've just finished doing it this way because it wouldn't let me hit 'accept' at the trainer on ESD.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • doublechadoublecha Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Now the max points is 363.000 and not 366.000 :(
    Qapla'
  • gartersnakegartersnake Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    When the window closes, it also flashes a message across the screen to say your skills have been reset. Then you open the window again and assign them as you would normally.

I've just finished doing it this way because it wouldn't let me hit 'accept' at the trainer on ESD.

I don't know about the other person but I'm having the same problem as them and no message shows up saying anything at all. The window just disappears and nothing is accomplished. This is beyond unacceptable. Leave it to them to add a patch and end up breaking a very important part of the game for a lot of folks. I have spec points lined up to be applied.
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thanks! This worked for me!
  • firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    doublecha wrote: »

now that is alarming...... :confused:
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Same, the max amount of points I coul use to spend was 366000, now 363000.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • xparr15xparr15 Member Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I respeced in sector space and there were no problems. I was able tol spend 366,000 skill points.
  • ednarulesednarules Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am hearing that LTS are not getting a respect token at level 60 either..
  • azntrigboiazntrigboi Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ednarules wrote: »

I never saw one. I had to buy one when I tried to respec yesterday, and well, couldn't even respec. Totally forgot about the free respec before I came on the forums. :mad: Where's my token Cryptic...
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    xparr15 wrote: »
    I was able tol spend 366,000 skill points.

Yeah I had the full 366,000 too.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    pulserazor wrote: »

Doesn't work for me.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have a token and keep getting an error when respeccing
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
  • n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Update: it seems I too am a victim of the 366,000 SP to spend but only being allowed to spend 363,000 thus creating errors.
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    some of my abilities are greyed out entirely making me somewhat combat ineffective, i think the Tier 5-U dyso0n is borked
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      I leveled up, went to assign my 18th specializeation point and got a respec required message.

Went to my skills tab and hit the respec button. The window just closes, it doesn't have me respec.

Went to ESD to use the respec officer there. It lets me allocate points, but but it dosnt let me hit accept.

Presumably this is because I have 366,000 available but the max is now set to 363,000.

Affected character: Temo@ctcc42

I can now no longer advance my specialization thanks to this.

As I presume the fix for this is to reset the max to the 366,000 that it used to be I would like to suggest raising the limit to a nice even 400,000. Given how little effect skill points have anyway this would amount to an insignificant amount of power creep.
    • cryptiecopcryptiecop Member Posts: 239 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      ednarules wrote: »

When I got my Admiral promotion I got a respec token...and I am LTS...
      cmbanner2015.jpg
    • donkeybong420donkeybong420 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      i also didnt get the right amount of points to assign, and im level 60, this makes things all the harder...
    • firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      it seems the affected characters are the ones with all skill points spent (i had two toons with unfinished skills, those didn't need respec, all the others with spent points did).

fortunately i got back all 366k skill point with all affected toons. i was able to assign the skill points, spent all at one toon, did an unfinished reskill with two other, didn't touch the points with the rest. i hope the solution won't roll back any changes i made with my skills/builds!
      <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
    • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      doublecha wrote: »
      orondis wrote: »
      Same, the max amount of points I coul use to spend was 366000, now 363000.
      Update: it seems I too am a victim of the 366,000 SP to spend but only being allowed to spend 363,000 thus creating errors.
      Went to ESD to use the respec officer there. It lets me allocate points, but but it dosnt let me hit accept.

Presumably this is because I have 366,000 available but the max is now set to 363,000.

Affected character: Temo@ctcc42

I was afraid something like this would happen, but I didn't have any means of testing it. If you click on the bar at the top of your screen, it will open up a window that says the following:

10 * Starfleet Lieutenant Commander (Gain 33,000 Skill Points)
      20 * Starfleet Commander (Gain 93,000 Skill Points)
      30 * Starfleet Captain (Gain 173,000 Skill Points)
      40 * Starfleet Rear Admiral, Lower Half (Gain 263,000 Skill Points)
      45 * Starfleet Rear Admiral, Upper Half (Gain 313,000 Skill Points)
      50 * Starfleet Vice Admiral (Gain 363,000 Skill Points)
      55 * Starfleet Admiral (Gain 497,000 Skill Points)
      60 * Starfleet Fleet Admiral (Gain 758,000 Skill Points)

Do those numbers represent how many skill points we need to earn to reach those ranks or how many skill points we have to spend at those ranks? Before Delta Rising, these two would be identical. But 758,000 spendable skill points at level 60 seems excessive: you might be able to max all your skills with that many. Therefore, the numbers above probably represent the skill points required to reach each rank. But in that case, when do we stop earning spendable skill points? My guess would be at level 50. The problem is that level-50 characters had 366,000 skill points before Delta Rising, but the rank window now says "363,000 Skill Points" at level 50.
      Waiting for a programmer ...
      qVpg1km.png
      edited October 2014
      On the way to 60 there were a few levels at which the 'Congratulations' played a few XP before the actual level up as well (Not talking about the ship mastery level up). I wonder if there are a couple of XP tables in the database that don't quite match up.
    • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      On the way to 60 there were a few levels at which the 'Congratulations' played a few XP before the actual level up as well (Not talking about the ship mastery level up). I wonder if there are a couple of XP tables in the database that don't quite match up.

Yes I noticed this as well. For example, it would play the 'congratulations admiral' SFX and VFX when I was still a bar short of hitting 55 and 60 and it was unrelated to ship mastery.

Joined January 2009
      Finger wrote:
      Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
    • aliensamongusaliensamongus Member Posts: 285 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      I'm level 53 and when I unlocked Tier I from the Reputation, I got the error message that my skills were corrupt or something like that and the Respec button is lite up.

Is this relevant to this instance or is it a level 60 thing?
      giphy.gif
      edited October 2014
      I'm level 53 and when I unlocked Tier I from the Reputation, I got the error message that my skills were corrupt or something like that and the Respec button is lite up.

Is this relevant to this instance or is it a level 60 thing?

No no, its relivent.
    • catjarrettcatjarrett Member Posts: 285 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      Also can't respec after buying a token, and no respec option in sector space.

I was able to use the free respec, but realized I had neglected a skill. Bought a respec token, went back to retrain. I can clear all of my skills, but no matter what I do the Accept button stays greyed out.

$5 wasted?
    • captkilljoy007captkilljoy007 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      catjarrett wrote: »
      Also can't respec after buying a token, and no respec option in sector space.

I was able to use the free respec, but realized I had neglected a skill. Bought a respec token, went back to retrain. I can clear all of my skills, but no matter what I do the Accept button stays greyed out.

$5 wasted?

I have the same problem as you so I sent a ticket about it see what happens.
    • catjarrettcatjarrett Member Posts: 285 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      I have the same problem as you so I sent a ticket about it see what happens.

I sent a ticket as well. Ve shall zee.