What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ships the cost/balance of delta.

2»

Comments

• stormstrykestormstryke Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    The purpose of this thread is to determine if $32.00 spent is as useful to a player as spending $30.00. The answer to that question is that it depends on many factors.

To the tens, if not hundreds of thousands who already own C-Store ships a $7.00 investment can be better then another $30.00 investment.

To people who love canon spending $32.00 on a T5U Defiant can give them more joy then spending $30.00 on a Phantom.

To PvPers buying a T6 will be more important then Upgrading a T5 because they want the extra couple of percent of power.

To people who just buy everything they will buy the Delta Pack for $125.00 even if they already own hundreds of dollars of ships. *raises hand* :)

There is no one answer as each person will do what is right for them. But I do not believe $2.00 difference is much of a mitigating factor for most people - especially since they do not need to pay that $2.00 out of their own pocket if they do not wish to.

Very few things in life are completely balanced against each other.

Me personally I see both sides of the debate. Because I would hate to feel I threw away money with the T5's I had unlocked prior. But would I buy another T5 I do not own now? No. The upgrade tokens are fine for the ones I already have but those I didn't get yet no longer have any interest to me.

As for the canon ships at T5 VA, I being a LTS already pick up the Defiant on most of my Feds. But that's because it was my favorite of the three to fly in this game. I hate the Galaxy's turn rate that is so bad that a rhino is more agile even with a broken leg.

But your very sig kind of says the state of canon in this game. lol Although I think you are missing a few out of place BO's now.

As for the pack, I don't own it. I could get it and not had to pay anything as the Dilithium Exchange got the zen plus what I had already with stipend. But would that zen be best served on the pack when with LoR, the most expensive pack I rarely see people using those ships in game?
    _____

Lifetime no longer gives a forum title. That should be updated on the Lifetime page that mentions what you get. PMing the CSR doesn't work neither.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    As for the pack, I don't own it. I could get it and not had to pay anything as the Dilithium Exchange got the zen plus what I had already with stipend. But would that zen be best served on the pack when with LoR, the most expensive pack I rarely see people using those ships in game?
    I did not purchase the LoR Pack because half of the ships in the Pack were T1-T4. I did not see any value in spending money on ships that I would out-level in 3-4 /played hours each - though I can understand many wanting the Consoles. If the LoR Pack had been all end-game ships I would have purchased it, though.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    well if you have t5 ship then buing token upgrade is cheaper than buing completly new t6, but well, if you dont have t5...t6 seems much more logicla choice.
  • cincyman39cincyman39 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    dtranquil wrote: »
    Ok given certain mods are on a thread locking rampage please avoid the terms they are having fits over.

Could someone from Cryptic OR PWI (not a mod trying to white knight with poor info) Please explain the process behind the cost to upgrade.

T6 ships cost 3k zen and are the current "tier" so the price is rather justified.

However T5U and Fleet T5U prices don't seem to tally.

T5U is "worse" than t6 thats to be expected BUT when T5U effectively costs MORE than a t6 (T% avg price 2500zen , 700zen for the token)

You have to ask wouldnt it have been more apt to make them just upgrade to t6? that way keeping t5 sales valid as the tokens would mean that ships remain valid till around tier 7.

So given the base cost of 2500 (apart from bought in sales which you ran just before delta as well) what is the justification of the high cost to make a ship sub par? as at 500 the token would mean people are still paying the same for a t5u as for a t6 rather than 200(standard)-700(fleet) more, This was pointed out in feedback but seeming ignored why was that as we are seeing anger in chat still esp in some areas.

I think as the game moves forward this will affect the new players the most. When they first broke the news of delta rising and the level cap and new t6 ships I think they had no plans on any ship upgrades till they heard the roar of the crowd. I may be wrong and thats fine if I am but this whole ship upgrade seems to me that it was thrown together at the last minute to easy the tention they were getting.

I dont see them lowering the price of a t5 ship there goal is to sell you the new t6 ship yes their not cannon yet but give them time and I'm sure new ones will be.

Right now the way I see it is this they will leave the cost of the t5 ships the same offer the upgrade and let the player's decide do I spend this amount of just spend this they will get thier money one way or the other its going to be the player's decision whats going to be best for them.
  • admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,560 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    the Problem Cosmic, is that it doesn't matter if the ship was bought 2 years ago or today. you take the full cost of everything a T5u is 3700 while a T6 3000 and yet the T5U will not match a T6. this price is ridicluous. The best solotions is reduce the price of the fleet module and upgrade so they the overall cost is less then a T6 ship or match it if they allow the upgrade to match the ship. THe bulk of the T^ fed ships are crappy looking. THis whole idea was badly done.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Me personally I see both sides of the debate. Because I would hate to feel I threw away money with the T5's I had unlocked prior. But would I buy another T5 I do not own now? No. The upgrade tokens are fine for the ones I already have but those I didn't get yet no longer have any interest to me.

As for the canon ships at T5 VA, I being a LTS already pick up the Defiant on most of my Feds. But that's because it was my favorite of the three to fly in this game. I hate the Galaxy's turn rate that is so bad that a rhino is more agile even with a broken leg.

But your very sig kind of says the state of canon in this game. lol Although I think you are missing a few out of place BO's now.

personally i could not resist the DR ship pack, 5 fed ships and 2 ships each for kdf and rom, 3 bridge intel officers and and a doff pack for every character you have, and the uniforms & 3 T5 ship upgrade tokens, it was a real steal for 12500zen.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited October 2014
    the Problem Cosmic, is that it doesn't matter if the ship was bought 2 years ago or today. you take the full cost of everything a T5u is 3700 while a T6 3000 and yet the T5U will not match a T6. this price is ridicluous. The best solotions is reduce the price of the fleet module and upgrade so they the overall cost is less then a T6 ship or match it if they allow the upgrade to match the ship. THe bulk of the T^ fed ships are crappy looking. THis whole idea was badly done.

In a short time a few months maybe the T-6u ships will be out with T-6 fleet ships

So we can upgrade again

lol
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • stormstrykestormstryke Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    personally i could not resist the DR ship pack, 5 fed ships and 2 ships each for kdf and rom, 3 bridge intel officers and and a doff pack for every character you have, and the uniforms & 3 T5 ship upgrade tokens, it was a real steal for 12500zen.

I've heard conflicting reports on how good the ships are though.
    _____

Lifetime no longer gives a forum title. That should be updated on the Lifetime page that mentions what you get. PMing the CSR doesn't work neither.
  • admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,560 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »

In a short time a few months maybe the T-6u ships will be out with T-6 fleet ships

So we can upgrade again

lol

and you can say goodbye to the game. It's sad when a game mod gets better reviews then an actual game but it is derserved here. Cryptic and PWE have ignored are feedback and we see the results.
  • atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They give away T5 ships every year. It will be interesting to see if they start giving away T6 ships next year. :)

Well, if this winter's ship grind is for a T5, there will be a lot less grinders on their server.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »

So we can upgrade again

lol

then they will bring out T7 and we will have this chat all over again, is it better to pay to upgrade T6 ships or just buy T7.
    atomictiki wrote: »
    Well, if this winter's ship grind is for a T5, there will be a lot less grinders on their server.

i aint all that fussed over the ship, i just enjoy the race, often think its a pitty they dont offer an alternate prize like 50k dil.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You're not supposed to buy upgrade tokens for $7 each. You're supposed to buy 4 tokens for $20 total.

That extra $2 per token is the non-compliance fee.
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If they would just let Intel officers work in Universal boff seats that would help alot.
  • strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's not about ships already owned. It's about why would anyone buy a ship he/she doesn't own now when you have to pay more to bring it up to par?

New T5 ship sales will probably take a hit now. Those who already have a ship may still do the upgrade token.

Why?

Well, for myself, there are several T5 ships that I want and, over time, will endeavor to get.
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They give away T5 ships every year. It will be interesting to see if they start giving away T6 ships next year. :)

My bet would be that they'll give away more of the older T5 ships, to encourage people to buy those upgrades.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    thetanine wrote: »
    Quoted for Truth! TY Serious Dave.

Yeah, TLDR, save your money buckos! Don't give it away when Christmas is just around the corner and your kid needs shoes cause theirs have holes and they need a new jacket cause theirs is now too small and your wife has lost thirty pounds and her clothes don't fit her anymore but that might be ok...for easy access...if you get my drift :P

That's why I don't buy new clothes for my kids and instead put them to work in the coal mines where they can earn me enough money to buy the expansions I need. :)

No, I don't have any kids, nor intend to have any in the near future, so there's no need to call child services on me. I might put my stuffed animals to work, but they're too smart to do anything I say, so there's that.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • dtranquildtranquil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I dont see where this 2k T5 is coming from when nearly all the upgradeable ships are 2500.

2500 + 700 (unless you want to dump 2k for 4) mean you either pay the same as for a t6 or MORE

For fleet variatiants the price differences remains constant as well.

So basically they are killing of most of the Canon ships leaving us with the t6+ "fakes" or payment to upgrade to a slightly subpar t6.