test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Undine Infiltration Doesn't Start

khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
edited October 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Looks like they've removed the 'set weapons to stun' optional, but the timer is also gone and the shield at the door never goes down so you can't actually do the mission...

This was on the 'advanced' version. Not going to try the normal to see if it's the same because if it is then I'll end up incurring a leaver penalty.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Looks like they've removed the 'set weapons to stun' optional, but the timer is also gone and the shield at the door never goes down so you can't actually do the mission...

This was on the 'advanced' version. Not going to try the normal to see if it's the same because if it is then I'll end up incurring a leaver penalty.

Experienced exact same issue here myself.

/10char
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Experienced exact same issue here myself.

/10char

Plus 1.

Can we have the stun option back? It was a nice little RP feature...
  • Options
    cowbertcowbert Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    Plus 1.

Can we have the stun option back? It was a nice little RP feature...

The stun option used to be an actual optional, wasn't it? (not just an RP feature). Since IIRC you got bonus points if everybody in the team sets their weapons to stun and you have to shoot some rowdy civilians...
  • Options
    theroyalfamilytheroyalfamily Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This seems to happen if the Tuvok briefing doesn't trigger. The time my team got trapped, there was no Tuvok briefing like normal, but when it worked the next two times the shield went down as expected.
  • Options
    garakfan84garakfan84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, it didn't start for my team when I tried it. Tuvok's dialogue didn't show up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    cowbert wrote: »
    The stun option used to be an actual optional, wasn't it? (not just an RP feature). Since IIRC you got bonus points if everybody in the team sets their weapons to stun and you have to shoot some rowdy civilians...

Nope, it was just an RP feature - it made no difference to your reward whether everyone set to stun or no one set to stun. I've tested it repeatedly, UIE is my favourite STF - it is the least DPSy of STFs, is infinitely more rewarding for effort invested than Undine Assault, and doesn't have VCE's broken Optionals.
  • Options
    casper32433casper32433 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I can also confirm this bug.
    Advanced the set weapon to stun button is missing, the briefing dialog windows from Tuvok never show and the shield that keeps u in the spawn room never drops.

Normal the set weapons to stun button is missing, do get the briefing window from Tuvok and the shield in spawn room is already down when u 1st spawn. Everything else works as it should.
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    Issue verified. Thanks for the reports.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    myrnwynmyrnwyn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I tried this a couple times yesterday. The first time nothing happened and the force field didn't go down, like people are reporting here. The second time the force field never was up at all and when the "defend the orb" mission triggered no Undine turned up to attack the orb. Furthermore, even though the players all scaled up to level 60, the mobs were still all level 50 and melted into depressing puddles of useless.
  • Options
    pigeonofclaypigeonofclay Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have to concur. Since the patch today, Undine Infiltration Advanced is missing the "Set to Stun" and opening dialogue. The force field across the door is not there, and the mission starts as soon as you are in the transporter room.

Go flag those Undine infiltrators, as there is an optional now and a time limit.

Also, apparently the Undine never attempt to grab the orb when this option appears.
    Have not seen the "Protestors Starting Fires" option yet.

All else appears as before.
  • Options
    omnimagusomnimagus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is still broken after the emergency maintenance, first try the force field wouldn't lower, second try it wasn't even there.
  • Options
    bufflezbufflez Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Still an issue. I just got a leavers penalty due to this. At least before the emergency maintenance we didn't get the leavers penalty. Please fix it or take it out of the queue.
  • Options
    danvetdanvet Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This isn't fixed yet. Have had some instances run fine on Advanced but tried an Elite run and got no briefing from Tuvok, hence the shield around the start point stays up. Then you get a leavers penalty for leaving a bugged instance where you can't progress.

Reported it through the in-game interface as well. Can we get it sorted please, I rather like Undine Infiltration.
  • Options
    eduayreseduayres Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Same here... with all the past bugs like invincible bajoran militia (that does not react, but stills a target when HP = 0)
  • Options
    icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Happened Again.

No Tuvok, the force field didn't go down
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
  • Options
    cowbertcowbert Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have to concur. Since the patch today, Undine Infiltration Advanced is missing the "Set to Stun" and opening dialogue. The force field across the door is not there, and the mission starts as soon as you are in the transporter room.

Go flag those Undine infiltrators, as there is an optional now and a time limit.

Also, apparently the Undine never attempt to grab the orb when this option appears.
    Have not seen the "Protestors Starting Fires" option yet.

All else appears as before.

I have been running Undine Infiltration Advanced private queues and I am experiencing this: no Tuvok VO, no set-to-stun, no forcefield, and the mission starts immediately.

FWIW, the timer on the previous optional (fire, orb thieves) has always been there, except that's no longer optional. Getting 10/10 Bajorans quarantined or cleared correctly is actually optional (for the advanced queue I guess), though (I've failed that today actually).
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The leaver's penalty sucks, really. There's needs to be a 15-second or so grace period enacted if there isn't one already.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ditto
    nerf.jpg]