test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tray / Loadout issues; Are they ever going to be solved?

richarddoverricharddover Member Posts: 166 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I think the title is fairly self evident... Issues with the personal tray and/or loadout. Devices, weapons, bridge officers randomly disappearing upon mapchange or login. Even when a loadout has been saved, simply reloading it doesn't always put everything back where you had it. This can be simply an annoyance, when you log in and find you have to manually redo your tray or BOs. It can also be a [CENSORED] pain in the rear, when you enter a fleet action or STF and everything's messed up.

So, Cryptic.... You guys think you're ever going to be able to get it fixed?
Post edited by richarddover on

Comments

• wo1dashwo1dash Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My game is requiring me to stop and reassign all the various commands in the command tray/quick access/shortcut section of the screen. If a ship is changed it always occurs. Now it is occuring whenever I change a system whether I 'lock' or not. The game is unplayable like this.

For £100 an update, I expect better!
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Unplayable indeed. I switched ships from the multi-mission reconnaissance to strategic for the extra engineering console on the upgrade and spent the time to setup the BOff stations and tray layout and immediately saved the layout. I warped out of the system and *poof*: tray setup gone. So I reset everything, saved the layout again and made another backup layout just in case and went off on my DOff patrols. By the time I finished DOffing I noticed the tray had reset yet again. No problem, I made a backup this time and I just need to switch to it, right? Wrong. The freakin' loadout radio boxes have both boxes checked! I couldn't swap between loadouts if I wanted to. So I reset the tray a third time - third times a charm, right? Wrong again. Warped to a new system and surprise, surprise the tray had reset again.

And Cryptic/PWE expects people to pay money for loadouts?!? Un-freakin'believable.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Crypticfrost wants particulars so he can replicate it.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=19917261#post19917261
  • ruffsh0druffsh0d Member Posts: 3 New User
    Don't you love how over two years ago this still persists?