test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to start 20 hour crafting projects

konamerekonamere Member Posts: 14 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
All my characters that are not level 50 were unable to start the 20 hour research projects. I have been running these for days or weeks on some of the characters but after DR I am not able to start the projects. I have the required materials and doffs but the start button stays greyed out.

No problems on any of my level 50 characters.

Tried re-starting STO - no effect.

filed bug report ticket ID 2,806,882
Post edited by konamere on

Comments

• abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 649 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Try changing the doff from the default one to another using the dropdown menu. You can change it back to the previous one if you like. I have this issue (or a similar one), and found that if you try a different officer than the one selected by default, the button should light up allowing you to start the mission.
  • nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Changing doffs works sometimes but not all the time (and on the final task you are out of luck unless you have extras), it just takes like 5 minutes for the button to finally light up on its own. Completely unacceptable, no one has time for that.
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am sorta getting that as well . . . starting r&d button is grayed out.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • konamerekonamere Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for the workaround.

It worked until I ran out of doffs on 4 chars (the last slot let me just reassign the doff the system picked).

Still a few chars where it worked until the last doff and reassigning the last one would not work. I have projects running but could have one more.
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My sub-50 char has the same problem as described above, but swapping doffs worked.
    Thanks!
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • fuglassfuglass Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Day 2 of this problem for me as well. My Fed lvl 50 can start all projects after a slight delay, my Rom lvl 50 cannot and I must swap toons and come back to him to get projects started (after a wait), my non lvl 50's are unable to start more than 1 project even if I swap toons and wait mins. (now 6mins and no luck).
  • cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I found another workaround with the catalyst. Click on the catalyst slot, then "clear slot" and it should let you start the project.

edited October 2014
    Hello again,

I discovered a possible workaround...when I was experiencing the delay in starting the 20hr R&D projects my toons were at SFA or in the Sol system orbiting ESD. When I took them in to Sirius sector space the issue went away and I was able to start the projects. (Anywhere in sector space seems to work and orbiting Romulus was fine too.)
    This seems to be an issue that occurs when you are in the vicinity of ESD/Sol System and or at Starfleet Academy.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I just moved the cursor off the start button a few times. It finally lit about 5 seconds after selecting the project.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
    edited October 2014
    cuatela wrote: »
    I found another workaround with the catalyst. Click on the catalyst slot, then "clear slot" and it should let you start the project.

+1

This was posted while I was posting or editing my workaround, but he/she's right but you don't even have to go that far just clicking on the black/blank box that the catalyst go in will allow you to start the project.

Thanks to cuatela for finding this, much faster than warping out to sector space!
  • leceterleceter Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I guess, this is a window/stats update issue. Sometimes the button stays grayed out for me, until i drag the R&D window a little around. The bonus skill points given by the DOff aren't added (updated) to the rarity result statistic either.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    It's an update issue.

The game is experiencing the usual high number of players during a launch and this impacts the speed in which your UI updates.
  • leceterleceter Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Even the "Time Remaining Until Task Complete" in R&D project details view refreshes every time you drag the window.
    This way I get a refresh every second instead of every 4-5 sec
    The game is experiencing the usual high number of players
    I always had the same issue on tribble, but i thought, its because of the slowness of the shard. So, the high number of players should not be the reason.
  • vaklovaklo Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have this same problem. It takes about 10 seconds before my start button appears. I don't know why they have delays built in to prevent problems. They should use semaphores.

I use the "clear slot" option in the catalyst window and then I can do it immediately. The delay has a different duration on each of my characters. Only one is really long.