test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Explain reputation to me... And when to bother with it?

2»

Comments

• Options
    razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    To be honest, you don't "need" anything in the rep systems at this point to play any missions in the game (space/ground). However, it is good gear, including the set bonuses.

What I use for space is the Solonae space set from the episode in the Dyson Sphere story arc. It is called Step Between Stars. You can get three pieces of the space set from this mission, and just pick a decent warp core from a mission reward, or exchange.

For ground, I use the J'Hemhadar (not sure if spelled right) set. It can be obtained through the missions you fight them in.

However, if you don't want to skip any missions, and go through the story from start to finish, then I say go for it. The sets are really only going to help if you queue up for the PVEs/STFs on elite. Though, it is possible to do a lot of them with just regular enemy drops, but can be hard.

As for whether or not the rep systems are worth the time, I have 12 characters, and my first one is a little over a year old. It wasn't till a few weeks ago that I got any rep system besides the Omega past T4. I have some of the set pieces for both space and ground on him from the Omega rep system, and they do help. All of the rep systems offer good sets, depending on what you are after.

However, it doesn't need to feel like a grind to level them up. The good thing about the bonus experience event we now have is that you level up so fast that you can run just one quick mission on normal for each one, and have all you need for running the rep system's 20 hour project.

I am in the process of leveling more characters. I am reaching level 50 while still on the level 20-28 missions. So, I queue up for the Conduit on normal for the Borg STF mission in space. This last about 5-10 mins, and gives enough marks to at least run the 20 hour mission. And, if done right, everyone runs together in it.

For the Romulan marks, I go with the Azure Nebula Rescue. It can be done in about 15 mins, and is easy if you stick with someone in it, and work with them. It gives an option for marks, and I recommend the Romulan ones. They are the hardest to get quickly.

The Nukara rep is one that I like to run the Crystalline Catastrophe for. If done on normal, and you stay just in 9 km of it, you can have enough distance to see when the crystal is charging (by an indicator above its head that says absorbing), and bug out to about 12-15 km from it to avoid its burst attack. It will help collect the Nukara marks.

Dyson marks are really easy to get in the Dyson sphere. You don't need to team with someone to do it. Just make sure you collected the mission from the man in the center of where you beam in, and follow someone that is in there. (NOTE: This will require access to the Dyson Sphere, which means you need to be in the later missions). If you are not skipping missions, I suggest waiting. None of the queued events for Dyson marks give decent mark rewards for the time it takes to run them.

For the Undine marks, I suggest the Undine Infiltration mission on normal. It is very easy to do (even on elite now), and when fighting, everyone can stay together to work as a team.

By doing each of these once every 20 hours, you can have enough marks to run the 20 hour projects. If you do this every day, and only run the 20 hurt projects, and not the hurly ones, you can have them to T5 in about a month and a half, with a good number of marks left over. Plus, you get the bonus marks, and Dil from them.

As you level up the Tiers, you will get traits that you can use on ground, or space. These are also not needed, but do make it a lot easier to run missions, and queued events. Also, you can switch them out when you get new ones, and play around with them some. You may find a combination you like.

Hope this helps.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • Options
    krovankrovan Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I just started on them a couple weeks ago, here's what I do.

Initially I went and did the Dyson ground stuff for a play session, after an hour and a bit I had a nice chunk of marks, enough to run the 20hr project 5 times. I just loaded up the 20 hr and kept doing it, saving marks for when it was ready again.
    Did nukara the same way, and kept the marks for the 20 hr.
    Then I did pave queues for romulan and Borg marks , just feeding the 20 hr projects.

You actually start to fill your inventory pretty fast, and my ship and ground gear steadily improved. Now I can fill those projects up quickly , and its actually not very painful, I could grind more but I'm also doing story missions and wrapping up those for delta rising. My advice is just do em slow and steady, its not that bad and you will get goodies along the way that help you out.
    http://soundcloud.com/krovan-1