test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Delta Pack is more expensive on Steam

garvesnekanogarvesnekano Member Posts: 59 Arc User
Ok so I noticed that the delta pack via steam option is $160. $159.99 to be exact yet the delta pack via arc/sto site is only 125...is this accidental or on intentional or are they planning on increasing the price of the delta pack?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    LOL OP, you're absolutely right.

$124.99 USD vs $159.99 USD :D
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Still not buying it in either case.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,848 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The $125 is the pre-order sales price thru Arc/STO. Regular price is $160. when the pre-order sale ends on the day Delta Rising launches.

This ^, it was the same with LoR.
  • Options
    imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The $125 is the pre-order sales price thru Arc/STO. Regular price is $160. when the pre-order sale ends on the day Delta Rising launches.

I've heard something about the Developer being unable to determine discounts through Steam, and that something within the agreements they are required to sign with Steam, gives Valve full rights alone to decide when something is put on sale...

Not sure how accurate and truthful it is, but given the circumstances, it would fit the situation here...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • Options
    ciranferaciranfera Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Really the only thing i would want out of that pack is the Eclipse Cruiser. Maybe one of the romulan warbirds... Maybe.
  • Options
    fangwolf1fangwolf1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Over here in Canada its CDN$ 176.99 same with the Legacy pack so im kinda glad I paid $124.99 USD for it which of course changed to $145.02 so i saved myself $30 :)
  • Options
    sonesthenesonesthene Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    fangwolf1 wrote: »
    Over here in Canada its CDN$ 176.99 same with the Legacy pack so im kinda glad I paid $124.99 USD for it which of course changed to $145.02 so i saved myself $30 :)

In the UK it's just over £122 on Steam, which translates into 196 USD. I'm sure there are really good reasons for this .... err wait.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ok so I noticed that the delta pack via steam option is $160. $159.99 to be exact yet the delta pack via arc/sto site is only 125...is this accidental or on intentional or are they planning on increasing the price of the delta pack?

The version on the STO site is a pre-order sale for buying it direct and will go up when DR launches.
  • Options
    xaramanxaraman Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    In the UK it's just over £122 on Steam, which translates into 196 USD. I'm sure there are really good reasons for this .... err wait.
    VAT, maybe?

I believe in the US, they don't pay sales tax on internet goods.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I'm sticking to buying it once it goes on sale for Zen or just getting the ships with the traits I need.
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The Steam version will have its own sales. Expect it to be cheaper some time during the steam christmas sale.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    bubblebaflebubblebafle Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Still, extremely expensive in any case lol. Rich people of course will never even think on it, they will just buy it :P
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lianthelia wrote: »
    This ^, it was the same with LoR.
    Not true. LoR was released on 5/21/2013. I picked up the LoR Pack for $124.99 on Steam on 5/26/2013. I also picked up the Steam Starter Pack for 24.99 that same day. When LoR released both PWE/Cryptic and Steam sold at the pre-order price and for many days after the release as well. Not quite sure when they both went up to the $159.99 'regular' price, but they both did at the same time.

As far as Publisher's Sales - I have always seen that when a company (such as Paradox for instance ) has a sale, you will find it on sale through Steam, GamersGate, etc. at the same time, though you will also find the opposite that Steam will have their own sales on Publisher's titles where you won't find it on sale elsewhere. Exceptions are normally limited to versions found directly on Origins.

Do we really know at this time that the DR Pack will go up to $124.99 on 10/14?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    xaraman wrote: »
    VAT, maybe?

Yep plus add to the fact that exchange rates change so fast no company uses them for their standard pricing systems. Even the sub is more expensive when you go to pay for it here than the price listed due to the tax being added at the end before you confirm, as opposed to having it on the display price.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ltminns wrote: »
    Do we really know at this time that the DR Pack will go up to $124.99 on 10/14?
    It is stated in the announcement thread in the News section that the current price of $125.00 is a 20% discount and it will go up to full price on the 14th when DR Launches.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    sonesthenesonesthene Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    xaraman wrote: »
    VAT, maybe?

True, but the difference is more than triple what can be accounted for by a 20% sales tax. I'm open to corrections but it's hard to believe that we are being charged fairly.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,412 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    deokkent wrote: »
    Not paying is another good option ^^. Keep playing for free till the servers close :D.
    Well, that's my plan, anyway.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    sonesthene wrote: »
    True, but the difference is more than triple what can be accounted for by a 20% sales tax. I'm open to corrections but it's hard to believe that we are being charged fairly.
    $160.00 dollars, just using today's exchange rate, is 99.55 British Pounds. Throw 20% VAT onto that and you are looking at 119.46 British Pounds. The difference between 122.00 and 119.46 is negligible.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I would assume that is a mistake. Unless Steam bought up a bunch and thier trying to resale them for a profit. Kinda like ppl do with tickets to a sporting event. I believe I would have made a better investment tho. Beanie Babies or Pokemon.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hyefather wrote: »
    I would assume that is a mistake. Unless Steam bought up a bunch and thier trying to resale them for a profit. Kinda like ppl do with tickets to a sporting event. I believe I would have made a better investment tho. Beanie Babies or Pokemon.

And Bug Ships and many other items on the Exchange.:D
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    xndx1234xndx1234 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    In the philippines it around 80bux usd maybe the same for other Asian countries this is steam price. Arc price is 125 usd
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have no intentions to buy the DR pack. I will just by the ships that I want when I get around to it.
  • Options
    alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Quick question... if you buy the DR Pack DLC via steam account, will it appear in STO when you log in into the game via Arc?
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I would imagine the Steam DLC Codes have been updated to be Arc codes just as the old codes needed to be redeemed on the Cryptic site. Once the code is redeemed on Arc it would be available however you log in.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    darkdog13darkdog13 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hahahaha

$125 is a ripoff $160 is even moreso.

$160 for 9 pixel ships and some trinkets for that price you could buy a dozen or 2 steam games during the summer or winter sales. (if you buy games 1 or 2 years old you could get about 40 games for that price)
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The Steam version will have its own sales. Expect it to be cheaper some time during the steam christmas sale.

steam only discounts stuff if they can get an agreement with the publisher... i doubt very much that steam eats all the discounts cause they are super generous.

previously I've waited for steam to discount the romulan legacy pack during their massive sales... not once did it even get 10% off...

keep in mind, every steam sales valve gets a cut. while for every purchase in game with zen... pw banks it all. even if you grind for dil and use exchange for the zen... someone had to buy it with real money. every sale using steam, pw has to fork over a %. on top of the 2 to 3% they have to pay to credit card companies.