test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Silly Topic: NEMESISES!

rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Ten Forward
What if CO's Nemesis System got into STO? Who would be your Character's nemesis?

For my Romulan I may bring Hakeev back from the dead or a Star Empire Hardliner

For my Fed Vorta, a Dominion clone of her

For my Orion? I can't really think of one. I'm thinking Section 31 just cause I want to punch Section 31 in the facehole
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    D'trel would definitely have Hakeev and maybe Supreme High Lord Inevitably-Fated-for-Greatness as her nemesis/nemeses.

Three would have an entirely moral, ethical and decent person who is outraged by her flagrant psychosis as her nemesis.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Eleya? Doesn't really have one. Enemies? Sure, but it's not personal, it's the nature of the occupation. It could have been the Orion who knifed her ten years ago, if it wasn't for the fact another fireteam shot her in half right after that.

Brokosh? General K'Bor, son of QulDun, of the House of J'mpok, because Brokosh humiliated him during the attack on Utopia Planitia. Got a sworn blood-enemy out of it. (To say more would be spoilers for RFRP, which I do intend to finish at some point.)

Morgan? Would've been Hakeev if she hadn't personally beheaded him already.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    For every past character and every future character, it's obvious who their nemesis would be. Neelix.
  • Options
    knightraider6knightraider6 Member Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    What if CO's Nemesis System got into STO? Who would be your Character's nemesis?

For my Romulan I may bring Hakeev back from the dead or a Star Empire Hardliner

For my Fed Vorta, a Dominion clone of her

For my Orion? I can't really think of one. I'm thinking Section 31 just cause I want to punch Section 31 in the facehole

when you say nemesis, this comes to mind https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrKO_f1l1HA :D
    "It may be better to be a live jackal than a dead lion, but it is better still to be a live lion. And usually easier." R.A.Heinlein

"he's as dangerous as a ferret with a chainsaw."

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,403 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Grunt's Nemesis would be the assignments officer at Starfleet Command with the grudge against Ferengi, who kept getting him assigned to crappy ships and sending him the personnel nobody else wanted.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Drake. He thinks he's head of Section 32, he's not, Kalus is, despite everyone's best efforts :D.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    Grunt's Nemesis would be the assignments officer at Starfleet Command with the grudge against Ferengi, who kept getting him assigned to crappy ships and sending him the personnel nobody else wanted.

Hey, you didn't offer me any latnium. For a few bricks, I would have given you any assignment you wanted:mad:;).
    say-star-wars-is-better.jpg
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Interesting concept. Honestly, I'm not sure.

Then again, I have 44 characters.
  • Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think the Nemesis system would be interesting to have in STO, if it was done properly. I'd enjoy having my characters' own version of Tomalak or Gul Dukat.
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Then again, I have 44 characters.

*Head explodes.*
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Don't really know... I suppose Ronnie Grau comes with a sort of built-in nemesis; Tylha Shohl has a Nausicaan or two who might volunteer for the job; T'Laihhae did have one, but she got him thrown into a Federation jail to rot.

With most of my characters, though, it just doesn't seem to fit the concept, somehow. They're just... people, doing a job. There's no need to take it personally, which is what a nemesis does.
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ashkrik23.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ssharki's Nemesis is J'mpok.

Jesu LaRoca's Nemesis is himself.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    sander233 wrote: »
    Ssharki's Nemesis is J'mpok.

Jesu LaRoca's Nemesis is himself.
    since when?

from what i've read so far, ssharki's been showing no signs of tension in relation to j'mpok
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I suppose my Ferengi's nemesis is a FCA liquidator.
    say-star-wars-is-better.jpg
  • Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Marcus Kane's nemesis was himself -- both his emotional issues, and his MU Counterpart.

Amanda Palmer never revealed a nemesis to me.

Ael t'Kazanak's nemesis was Cecil Bernardez -- until he got his throat cut in prison...
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Oh, we're talking nemeses as-is now?

D'trel's nemesis was Hakeev, but now she's transferred the heat of her ire to that frequently-dying blowhard pr*ck SHLIFFG.

Three has no nemesis at the moment. She tends to kill anyone who would be a problem for a less psychopathic person. And technically she IS the nemesis (Nemesis-class living terror weapon unit, after all...), so...

Trenek doesn't have a nemesis and doesn't need one. He's too busy making the universe a better place one logical step at a time. His security chief (Rachel Connor), now...her personal fixation of truly-deserved rage is Three, who augmented her without her consent. And of course Frankie Drake the possibly-shapeshifter keeps trying to kidnap her to copy her DNA...

S'lin Ta'kat doesn't have the attention span to develop a nemesis. High Admiral Nivat's nemesis was sort of kind of her political enemy High Suzerain Warat, until Nivat cut Warat in half with help from Three, S'rR's, and Raban.

First Omek'ti'kallan has no nemesis and needs one; like Trenek, he's just a decent, military guy trying to leave the universe a better place than he found it. Associate Chief Engineer Jak's got a love/hate relationship with his cousin Krugg the dimwitted smuggler (who I've referenced a few times and am trying to work in for the humor value), but it's not a real nemesis thing.

Some characters need nemeses and others don't. It varies.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So while we're on the subject of hypothetical "STO Nemeses", would there be 'preset' nemeses for us? Story characters with scripted responses that vary from the vanilla scrips you'd be provided with a player-made nemesis. Hakeev, Cooper, etc.
  • Options
    rhandofgaudrhandofgaud Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    :) Every Romulan i have already has one and his name is Toven Khev:)
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Franklin Drake

I really really want to put him in an Agony booth
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,403 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    :) Every Romulan i have already has one and his name is Toven Khev:)
    Even my Rom, Subadmiral Tovan Khev, commander of RRW Tovan Khev VI?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    B'vat. An aggressive loud-mouth who looks for any reason for violence. Hakeev may be more evil in scale and actions, but with B'vat it could get personal real quick.