test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Costumes - Formal Wear

gueneyhallek0420gueneyhallek0420 Member Posts: 435 Arc User
I was just thinking, I'd buy the formal wear if it was made genderless. My female Generals could wear a tuxedo, or perhaps my Nausicaan could express his inner beauty by wearing a little black dress? For real, I'd even pay double for it. Could always use a good laugh and this is the 20-something'th century. Do eet
XqiBpIN.gif
Post edited by gueneyhallek0420 on

Comments

• Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Unfortunately we are still stuck in the 21st Century here so doing this could cause offense in some communities in the world. If the canonical Skant is not permissible then a cocktail dress does not stand a chance.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I made a suggestion a couple weeks ago that would include something like this.

+1 that suggestion.
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Supporting.

I'd not have my Captain wear what is supposedly female formal wear... if we had a choice to wear a tux instead, well, I might throw some money at Cryptic, but as it is now... naw. No, thanks. :D
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Supporting.

I'd not have my Captain wear what is supposedly female formal wear... if we had a choice to wear a tux instead, well, I might throw some money at Cryptic, but as it is now... naw. No, thanks. :D
    Your character + a tux would be pretty snazzy. ;)
  • Options
    supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Your character + a tux would be pretty snazzy. ;)

Buy another drink. Maybe it'll bring you good luck. :)
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Supporting.

I agree that there should be a "Woman's Tuxedo". It is not beyond reason for female characters to wear a business formal suit rather than a cocktail dress.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    See how long it took to get them available for Klingons and Romulans first.

Also an option to wear the male one without any sort of tie would be nice, and the option to remove the jacket or waistcoat.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Totally support this idea, Its not as if high status women have never worn suits
    artan42 wrote: »

Also an option to wear the male one without any sort of tie would be nice, and the option to remove the jacket or waistcoat.

Waistcoat would be great, I always felt the full jacket and tie was overly formal
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    artan42 wrote: »

I would prefer an unaltered tux version for females. Ties are awesome... :)
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I would prefer an unaltered tux version for females. Ties are awesome... :)

Ooh, I hate them, mind you I hate anything near my neck at all.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I support this idea. I so want my Caitian wearing a kilt and the Khan vest.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.