test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Prefire Chamber Console Bug

darthhammerdarthhammer Member Posts: 42 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
It appears that, upon putting any Prefire Chamber tactical console in the upgrade window, said console will become unable to be equipped.

When trying to equip it on any ship, the message 'You do not meet the requirements for this item' displays. The message is clearly in error, as this occurs on consoles that are not outside the character's level requirement, and on consoles that were previously equipped.

This is a particularly frustrating bug, as it makes any Prefire Chamber console you try to upgrade useless.

Repro steps:

-Login (on any character.)
-Acquire a [Console - Tactical - Prefire Chamber] of any mark or rarity.
-Right click and select 'upgrade item' from the menu.
-Close the upgrade window.
-Try to equip said console on any ship.

Edit: It's fixed now!
Post edited by darthhammer on

Comments

• abfabfleetabfabfleet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I 2nd this bug as confirmed as I have 3 of these consoles that I can no longer upgrade that are at 'ultra-rare' and they will not equip to any of 17 ships I have on Fed side.
  • darthhammerdarthhammer Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Something of note: as of 10/2 the bugged Prefire Chamber consoles cannot be placed on the exchange. (They could be before.)

So if that was something done intentionally, hopefully that means they're aware of the bug.
  • dr891dr891 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Good! So I'm not the only one.
  • talgeezetalgeeze Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I got the same bug, except I didn't need to put the console into an upgrade slot to render it unequippable. I tried this using newly crafted Mk II to Mk X Prefire Chamber consoles, can't equip any on my Mobius.
  • banjosteve1980banjosteve1980 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    got a lovely mk13 and cant do nothing with it!!!!
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have this problem with the crafted console.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • stumpy2101stumpy2101 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I also have this bug on a Mk XII Prefire Chamber Console and have a friend that informs me he has the same.
  • brad04brad04 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    yep same bug-same message-same reason...
    edited October 2014
    Bump, hope the patch tomorrow fixes this!
  • hotstuff1701hotstuff1701 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Still not fixed. Hopefully it will be fixed before Delta Rising goes live!
  • arkyboyarkyboy Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm having this issue as well.
    [img][/img]Screenshot%2067_zps8ijfhubt.png
    edited October 2014
    Still not fixed. Hopefully it will be fixed before Delta Rising goes live!

Well unfortunately there's not another patch between now and DR launching. But with any luck there will be a patch for this in the DR launch update itself.
  • icemaestericemaester Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It actually did the same thing to me on a prefire chamber and an upgrade from tier 11 to tier 12 on an Antiproton cannon. Looking at the before upgrade it shows its available for warbirds after upgrade warbirds is removed.
    edited October 2014
    Bump for awareness since this has still not been fixed as of the DR release.
  • clannmacclannmac Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Put in a ticket and a Bug Report about mine as well, but, for solidarity's sake (and hopes that the squeaky capacitor gets the lube), I'll add my "DITTO" in here, too:

Upgraded my MK XII Prefire Chamber to MK XIII with ~12,000 points leftover. Did the same with several other bits of gear, most of which ended up with 50K+ leftover - Prefire chamber is the only thing I can't slot.

Since it CAN'T have anything to do with level at Lvl. 50+, AND I upgraded several things to MK XIV today without issue, it HAS to be a glitch.

So, PLEASE: fiiiiiiixxxxx iiiiiiitttt! ;) Thanks!
    366400.jpg

Fleet Commander
    Caprica's Revenge
    (...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
  • arkyboyarkyboy Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This issue STILL isn't fixed.
    [img][/img]Screenshot%2067_zps8ijfhubt.png
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    Issue verified. Thanks for the reports.
    STO QA Team
  • clannmacclannmac Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Yet STILL not fixed... :rolleyes:
    366400.jpg

Fleet Commander
    Caprica's Revenge
    (...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
    edited October 2014

Alright! :D

Hope you guys can get a fix out by the next patch.
  • silverseawolfsilverseawolf Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have had this bug as well on two characters and have had it before the patch went, according to an email that I got from Customer Service that this is an unknown bug and that the GM or Customer Service teams can't fix it.
    edited October 2014
    Well, big patch coming up. /drumroll.....will they fix it this time? Let's watch! ;-)
    edited October 2014
    Nope. Well, maybe next patch.....
    edited October 2014
    I'm not going to complain that this hasn't been patched yet, since Cryptic seems to have a lot on their plate right now, but can someone at least get word up the chain to have this in the known issues of the release notes?

After all, you did say the issue is verified.
  • bennyfletchbennyfletch Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am experience the same problem described in this post. I can not equip the Prefire Chamber console on my ship.

Hopefully the Devs will eventually get around to fixing this issue. :crossfingers:
  • meeksekmeeksek Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I too am having the same problem, however, I have a small work aroud if you have a pre-fire that you can equip. Before you upgrade said console, equip it on multiple ships, then select and ready a ship that you don't want to use with the console and then upgrade the console, once you qare done, ready the ship you want to use and the console (upgraded) will be equipped. DO NOT REMOVE the console or you won't be able to use it (till a patch).
    This has worked for me, I'm running a level 12 (upgraded from a 10) on my current ship and to upgrade it more, I have the same console equipped on multiple ships, all I have to do is ready a diff ship the go for it!
    edited October 2014
    meeksek wrote: »
    I too am having the same problem, however, I have a small work aroud if you have a pre-fire that you can equip. Before you upgrade said console, equip it on multiple ships, then select and ready a ship that you don't want to use with the console and then upgrade the console, once you qare done, ready the ship you want to use and the console (upgraded) will be equipped. DO NOT REMOVE the console or you won't be able to use it (till a patch).
    This has worked for me, I'm running a level 12 (upgraded from a 10) on my current ship and to upgrade it more, I have the same console equipped on multiple ships, all I have to do is ready a diff ship the go for it!

Thanks for figuring that out, now at least we can upgrade non-bugged consoles.

Hopefully there will be a fix for the bugged ones soon.
    edited October 2014
    Bump because we've had two patches since this issue was acknowledged and still no fix or even a confirmation on the 'known issues' field of the patch notes.
    edited October 2014
    Never-mind I'm a moron and posted before checking in game.

Awesome that this is fixed, thanks guys! :D

(Though letting us know that it was would have been nice.)
    edited October 2014
    Confirmed! This is once again equippable (Stealth Fixed, no less)!

Thanks Cryptic!