test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

VA Constitution and Plasma Pistols

jonbrejonbre Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2014 in The Academy
Hey, everyone!

I was hoping someone in the awesome STO universe could help me answer two questions:

1.) What is with the VA refit Constellation class being fleet-only (both versions)? I bought the Constellation class on the C-store, and now I can't fly one at VA level without having to join a fleet? Is this true?

2.) My Romulan character just hit VA level, and I have a purple XII plasma pistol. However, unless I'm missing something, the lower-level plasma pistols look great (like right out of TNG), but the higher-level plasma pistols just look silly (like mine). Is there a particular high-level plasma pistol model/rifle that actually looks like the TNG ones?

Thanks, everyone! :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Eline: "The rest of us have been gone a thousand years. If you remember what we were, and how we lived, then we'll have found life again." / Picard: "Eline..."
Eline: "Now we live in you. Tell them of us... my darling." -The Inner Light
Post edited by jonbre on

Comments

• adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    unfortunately the only good looking and decent damage outputting weapons I know of, that represent the basic designs of the major factions, Are to be found in the hands of NPC's

There are of course special items that are made specially, but when it comes to the mainstay weapons they all end up looking a bit silly

And since your asking about romulan ones, you can't got with elite fleet weapons that have the much nicer visuals ( Maybe its about time the romulans got some elite fleet style gear?)
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jonbre wrote: »
    Hey, everyone!

I was hoping someone in the awesome STO universe could help me answer two questions:

1.) What is with the VA refit Constellation class being fleet-only (both versions)? I bought the Constellation class on the C-store, and now I can't fly one at VA level without having to join a fleet? Is this true?

2.) My Romulan character just hit VA level, and I have a purple XII plasma pistol. However, unless I'm missing something, the lower-level plasma pistols look great (like right out of TNG), but the higher-level plasma pistols just look silly (like mine). Is there a particular high-level plasma pistol model/rifle that actually looks like the TNG ones?

Thanks, everyone! :)

Hey, yeah the top end cruiser to use that skin is fleet only but, don't be put off as there are some awesome fleets out there ( just gotta look ).

And romulan plasma weapons from the rom rep look awesome ( proper visuals unlike generic plasma ), also the same visuals of the romulan rep weapons are used for nanite disruptors an they can be brought off the exchange. Hope this helps.
  • overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jonbre wrote: »

The mirror heavy cruiser retrofit is Tier 5 and can also use the Constellation parts. It is an endgame ship... for the next ten days.
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    That tier 3 c store constellation will not get you discount on a fleet version anyway. It just gives you the ability to use the constellation skin on the fleet version, plus the Picard maneuver console. It will still cost you 4 or 5 fleet ship modules plus fleet credits plus fleet shipyard access to buy the fleet version.
  • jonbrejonbre Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for the replies, everyone! It looks like if I want to fly the Constellation at VA level, I'll have to join a fleet.

Thanks again! See you all out there! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Eline: "The rest of us have been gone a thousand years. If you remember what we were, and how we lived, then we'll have found life again." / Picard: "Eline..."
    Eline: "Now we live in you. Tell them of us... my darling." -The Inner Light
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,496 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    You could also try the Nanite Disruptor ground weapons. They use the Romulan Plasma models too.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)