test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Delta Rising - Operations Pack Questions

wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
Many of my fleetmates and I have questions about the Delta Rising - Operations Pack. It would be nice if these questions were answered in ONE place instead of having to scavenge the forums hoping to find details.

"Three Ship Upgrade Tokens*
Use these to upgrade your Tier 5 ships for when you begin to explore the Delta
Quadrant! Not all ships are upgrade-able.
*This option unlocks once per account on a character of your choice."

Does this mean that only one character can upgrade three ships? Are they an account wide unlock but only one character can claim them? This is an important distinction because some of us would like to be able to upgrade a ship from each faction. Obviously, this can’t be done if all three unlocks can only be used by the character that claims them.

"Three Very Rare Intelligence Bridge Officers (per faction)
Intel ships need Intelligence Bridge Officers. These special Bridge Officers have
all new Space and Ground abilities and unlock for all characters on an account."

This is a bit confusing in the description since it says three per faction, but it also says that it unlocks for all characters. Many of us want to know because some of us have far more than nine characters. Does it mean all characters can claim three faction specific BOFFs? Or does it mean that there's a total of nine faction specific BOFFs per account that can me claimed by any character (unlike the ship upgrades, that can only be claimed by one character)?
Post edited by wilv on

Comments

• Options
    frankbananaramafrankbananarama Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I would also be very interested in an answer to the questions above. I would also like to add another question that is closely related to the second question.

The Legacy Pack also came with a bridge officer. It also provided an unlock for the required BOFF slots to commissions this officer. Will the Delta Operations Pack also include unlocks for the required number of additional BOFF slots or will these have to be purchased separately?
  • Options
    jurrubinjurrubin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Two questions I have are somewhat related to frankbananaram's. That is,

1) Does the Delta Rising pack include free ship slots or doff space if a purchaser happens to have no slots or space available when the Pack is rolled out on Oct 14?

2) If not, how is the lack of such slots/space going to be handled so the Pack purchaser doesn't lose anything from the Pack?

We, as Delta Rising Pack purchasers, really need some guidance on this. If we need to delete ships or doffs, that needs to be stated so that we can act upon it before Oct. 14. I'm not demanding that free slots/space be provided but if we purchasers need to make room for the DR Pack ships, it also means we won't need to purchase upgrade tokens for those deleted ships.

Personally, I'd really rather not have to delete 4 ships on my Fed characters to make room.
  • Options
    kdb81kdb81 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    based on the LOR pack the itmes will problay be packed in a creat you cail in your invintory and open up to set "ships in a box" "boff in your invintory just like the steam pack" and a DOFF box
  • Options
    irishxpirishxp Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Those are the same questions I'm asking myself, doffs included.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    the tokens does not say per character, so you will get 3 tokens claimable once that you can then send to which ever characters you want. remember once a ship type is upgraded its upgraded for the account, so someone could just keep making new characters and reclaiming the tokens to unlock different ships endlessly if it was per character.

the doffs and boffs are per character, and they will be the correct faction for the character when they are claimed.

there wont be free ship slots with the pack as these are just a discounted bundle of many. you would not get any free slots if you bought them individually so you wont get them here either. (although silver members are getting some extra ones to bring them a little more in line with gold players). much like legacy of romulus and other bundles these ships will appear in your inventory as little crates that you can open when you like.
  • Options
    kane53kane53 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    one question iv got is why the only payment options are paypal and skrill when i personaly dont use eather of them i perfer to use a credit/debit card
  • Options
    irishxpirishxp Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    @captainrevo1: That's what I understood reading it, but you can never be too sure :) Thank you!

Speaking of payment, anybody know if I will be able to access to every feature while playing from steam if I buy it in arc Platform?
    I suppose the answer is yes because everything is tied to account but I would like another opinion.
  • Options
    daemonhelddaemonheld Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kane53 wrote: »
    one question iv got is why the only payment options are paypal and skrill when i personaly dont use eather of them i perfer to use a credit/debit card

I was concerned about that as well... but when I clicked through it opens up a billing page for just credit/debit card purchased... you don't *need* PayPal unless you have funds there and would rather use it...
  • Options
    siriusmusictownsiriusmusictown Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Has anyone purchased the DELTA OPERATIONS PACK using another payment method besides PAYPAL or SKRILL?

I put in a help ticket at ARC and here is what I got back:

Hello,
    Thank you for contacting us.
    I understand that you have a concern regarding the options.
    We appreciate your interest in purchasing the pack but the options you saw online are currently the only ones available. We thank you for the feedback regarding the options but we cannot give any guarantee or specific time if other options will be available soon.
    Thank you for your cooperation.
    Regards,
    Janric
    Game Master
    Perfect World Entertainment

The "thank you for your cooperation" made me think of the Dalek in Dr Who. Also I think Janric means "Generic" because who has any friends named "Janric"?
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    as for the credit/debit card thing:

when selecting paypal, there IS an option to not log in and just use a credit/debit card. i did it myself just a couple days ago.

it's right under the sign in section. it's just a line that says "Pay with Debit or credit card, or paypal credit" click on that, and it has the form where you fill out your CC info, and can submitt it thatway without actually having to need a paypal account.
    The "thank you for your cooperation" made me think of the Dalek in Dr Who. Also I think Janric means "Generic" because who has any friends named "Janric"?

Actually.. Janric is a real name.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/Janric/+
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    i still dont see it any chance for screenshots cause everytime i try it forces me to log in
  • Options
    captainchaos66captainchaos66 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Id like to throw a question in the hat. On one of the first blog posts about the Delta Rising pack in the right hand upper area it says something to the affect of " Must have STO downloaded on ARC to play online"

Now my question is: Does this mean the items in the pack are only claimable through ARC? Or that they are only playable through ARC?

Or is it simply a reminder that you have to have STO installed in order to play Delta Rising?
    WHile im confident its the 3rd option,, im a little leary of dropping 125$ only to find out i HAVE to play on ARC,, which i currently do not do.

Any info would be helpful!

Live long and kill stuff!! :D
    Fleet Admiral In charge of Bacon
    Fighting 5th Attack Squadron
    The Devils Henchman
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Id like to throw a question in the hat. On one of the first blog posts about the Delta Rising pack in the right hand upper area it says something to the affect of " Must have STO downloaded on ARC to play online"

Now my question is: Does this mean the items in the pack are only claimable through ARC? Or that they are only playable through ARC?

Or is it simply a reminder that you have to have STO installed in order to play Delta Rising?
    WHile im confident its the 3rd option,, im a little leary of dropping 125$ only to find out i HAVE to play on ARC,, which i currently do not do.

Any info would be helpful!

Live long and kill stuff!! :D

its just a reminder that ya have to have sto to use the dlc
  • Options
    gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So has there been any word as to what the special BOFFs and DOFFs are yet? I haven't noticed it on the main site or Reddit.
  • Options
    helvetiamatt81helvetiamatt81 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    gl2814e wrote: »
    So has there been any word as to what the special BOFFs and DOFFs are yet? I haven't noticed it on the main site or Reddit.

Still no news about them. I mean who buys a package and doesn't know what's in? Not me, for sure. Don't know why they're waiting such a long time to give us this information. :confused:
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    question for devs or mods when is there goin to be more options to buy delta risin other then paypal and skrill cause personaly i dont realy trust eather one with a bank account