test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ISE/CSE/KASE dil rewards nerfed?

ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1238751

So all the current elite queues that give 960 will become advanced and start giving 480 when DR comes? And no more item drops either.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1238751

So all the current elite queues that give 960 will become advanced and start giving 480 when DR comes? And no more item drops either.

Yep, so no more minute dil farms

Not a bad thing really. But the big reward son something that takes a while, and the small rewards people are pushing through in a few minutes. Basically now instead of having to do 8 queues to get a full load, you'll actually need to do 16. Still with the number of queues out there now, you can still get your 8000k a day in probably less then an hour or two.
  • havokreignhavokreign Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    But on the flipside, all the queues will pay dili, whereas now only the older ones do.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ladymyajha wrote: »
    Yep, so no more minute dil farms

Not a bad thing really. But the big reward son something that takes a while, and the small rewards people are pushing through in a few minutes. Basically now instead of having to do 8 queues to get a full load, you'll actually need to do 16. Still with the number of queues out there now, you can still get your 8000k a day in probably less then an hour or two.

Don't forget we still can turn in marks and STF items for dil.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So finally Cryptic is turning away from 8k dil/4 hours of play figure they insisted on introducing.

Its a bit worse than just rewards time nerf, its a double difficulty step too: so far it was 480+optional, 960+optional, it will be 240+optional (normal enemies), 480+more optionals (current elite enemies), and 960 with failed optional = go home emptyhanded, with enemies way past current elite difficulty.

Yet most of people you saw causing failed current elite pugs will be there on new elite, because of rewards...
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Oh god, this is horrible. Just what we need now that Cryptic is adding massive new Dilithium sinks into the game-lless ways to earn it reliably.
  • kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No at huge nerf in my opinion since we can get the missing dilithium from other queues, but, was really necessary nerfing STFs instead of buffing everthing else?

I mean, we still have the 8,000 cap...
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • kodiakjorgenssonkodiakjorgensson Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    EC just got harder to earn too, no more gear rewards, and w.e drops in the queue (if anything) will no doubt go to the best DPS clown of the team. I don't know about the rest of you but delta rising is looking less appealing with every update & blog.
  • uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    EC just got harder to earn too, no more gear rewards, and w.e drops in the queue (if anything) will no doubt go to the best DPS clown of the team. I don't know about the rest of you but delta rising is looking less appealing with every update & blog.

Agreed. I'm starting to wonder if I should continue playing. They're trying too hard to get people to spend money and that doesn't sit right with me. It's one thing to introduce new ships and packs to encourage people to spend money, it's quite another to nerf ingame rewards to encourage people to spend money. One I'm OK with, the other will make me run from a game and never look back.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Oh god, this is horrible. Just what we need now that Cryptic is adding massive new Dilithium sinks into the game-lless ways to earn it reliably.
    Its not less reliably its just longer. A year ago I could get 8k per toon with ISE/CSE/KASE giving 960+ and N neural processors. Then a few months ago they dropped the rewards a bit and it took 4 maps to cap. With this it will take 6, so one round then wait an hour and then do another round, or about 2 hours total per toon.

Or buy zen.

Or do something else.
  • svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Time to freak out again. :D
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
    edited October 2014
    No at huge nerf in my opinion since we can get the missing dilithium from other queues, but, was really necessary nerfing STFs instead of buffing everthing else?

I mean, we still have the 8,000 cap...

Its not exactly that - you will not get "missing dil" from other queues. It will take you longer to get an amount of dil regardless of which queues you choose.

In other words, you will have to spend more time to get your daily fix.

Noth thats entirely new - at the beginning of Season 7 Cryptic removed dil rewards from STFs entirely.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
    edited October 2014
    Its not less reliably its just longer. A year ago I could get 8k per toon with ISE/CSE/KASE giving 960+ and N neural processors. Then a few months ago they dropped the rewards a bit and it took 4 maps to cap. With this it will take 6, so one round then wait an hour and then do another round, or about 2 hours total per toon.

Or buy zen.

Or do something else.

Yep something else. I might go back to ESO full time, or hell any other game. The more I think about this STF nerf the angrier I get. They nerf EC, they add crazy high dilithium sinks, then they nerf dilithium rewards. I see no reason why I shouldn't get angry, except that I still have the voth ground zone which is what I use when I have more than a half hour to play. If that's ever nerfed, bye bye forever.

Normal: 480
    Advanced: 960
    Elite: 1440

That's what it should be. It's unacceptable this way.

So let's see, in one day they made me go from almost buying the DR pack to almost uninstalling the game in anger. Way to go. Great decision making.
    edited October 2014
    Well, they have to realize that reaching harder to player's pockets will not make players pay harder. The game will die before they get to understand it, I'm afraid.
    edited October 2014
    notoryczny wrote: »
    Well, they have to realize that reaching harder to player's pockets will not make players pay harder. The game will die before they get to understand it, I'm afraid.

It makes people uninstall the game, not pay. At least that's what it does for me. Right now I will uninstall rather than give them another dime. I spent 50 bucks last month when they had the bonus, and I was about to buy the DR pack (maybe tomorrow, maybe this weekend, but soon). Not now. They'lll actually be lucky if I'm still around this weekend because I'm thinking of playing another of my MMOs full time and uninstalling this.

They want people to spend huge amounts of dilithium, then they nerf dilithium rewards so that people might spend money for it? Not me. I'm not a sucker.
  • bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    This is for protecting the player from Zen exchange blow up. Unlike in Neverwinter where the Zen exchange is still in ruins.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
    edited October 2014
    A few months ago the zen exchange was great. Zen was going for between 120-130 dilithium. It's still not awful right now at around 158.

Maybe dilithium will be in such demand with this nerf that zen will be even cheaper than 120. Oh I can hope! Doubt it though, and I may not want to wait for it.
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Edit: Never mind, I was wrong. :P
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The deletion of gear loot at the end is petty and transparent: I'm guessing on Elite or Uber or whatever there's not an easy way to make the loot non-scalable to level" because you know, they cant have us getting post-mkxii gear for free, ya know.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • chk231chk231 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    More than likely, and unfortunately, these changes were probably made to increase the income that the game generates.

It's a shame that good gameplay sometimes suffers due to needing a bigger profit, but that's business.
    edited October 2014
    I'm hearing failing the new elite gives jack squat. No reward. I don't know for sure though.

If we could get the 960 even when failing it wouldn't be so bad. I don't care about the optionals, only the dilithium.
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,412 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Advanced had better still reward at least 75 omega marks though. I will never understand why they starve us on marks? It costs 3000 omega marks to get a space set. If they reduce the amount of marks then there goes my last hope...
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
    edited October 2014
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    Advanced had better still reward at least 75 omega marks though. I will never understand why they starve us on marks? It costs 3000 omega marks to get a space set. If they reduce the amount of marks then there goes my last hope...

They will just move current reward a rung higher. So current normal (20-odd marks and 480 dil) will be reward for upcoming advanced. Just you know, to prevent you from getting that dil from converting marks... In overall metrics speed of advancement in reputation is irrelevant because you are going to burn marks for dil some day.

ANd yes, failing elite optional will reward you wil good old 0 marks and dil. Thats the point. Half the reward for more effort, with no reward if you slip.

Pugs are going to me a bloodbath.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Or buy zen.

Or do something else.

Bingo, sir!

It's amusing the dil rewards are being nerfed, especially when you look at how more dil intensive the game has become.

R&D / Crafting

Upgrading

And who knows what else down the road. This is on top of existing things like Reputation stuff, Fleet gear purchases, Fleet Starbase projects, etc.

Whatever it takes to slow down and hinder your dil earning progress, whatever it takes to entice you to buy Zen and turn it in for dil.
    XzRTofz.gif
    edited October 2014
    Whatever it takes to slow down and hinder your dil earning progress, whatever it takes to entice you to buy Zen and turn it in for dil.

Welcome to Chinese Dilithium Farm Online. Have fun. STO has been a fairly player-friendly f2p. No longer.
  • warfrogdudewarfrogdude Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm hearing failing the new elite gives jack squat. No reward. I don't know for sure though.

If we could get the 960 even when failing it wouldn't be so bad. I don't care about the optionals, only the dilithium.

The devs have said that the optional must be completed or the missions is a fail right then (game over) no finishing the missions ..no reward.
  • chk231chk231 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah...I think it might be finally time to move on to a different game.
  • peter1z9peter1z9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wow they are really taking this game in the WRONG direction. :mad:
    "Our Bugs are working as intended" - Cryptic
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    peter1z9 wrote: »
    Wow they are really taking this game in the WRONG direction. :mad:

Agreed

/10char
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    They couldn't have the new elites giving out the same dil as advanced and just a 100% chance at a VR mat, no that would have been to simple. They had to go and nerf dilithium rewards while at the same time creating a massive dilithium sink.

Oh well, time for everyone to make 20-30K DPS builds and spam FAW like maniacs, because this is what the game has gotten down to.

Well, either that of becoming Turok the Dinosaur Hunter and go hunting T-Rexes with frickin lasers on their heads.
    edited October 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    They couldn't have the new elites giving out the same dil as advanced and just a 100% chance at a VR mat, no that would have been to simple. They had to go and nerf dilithium rewards while at the same time creating a massive dilithium sink.

Oh well, time for everyone to make 20-30K DPS builds and spam FAW like maniacs, because this is what the game has gotten down to.

Well, either that of becoming Turok the Dinosaur Hunter and go hunting T-Rexes with frickin lasers on their heads.

LOL don't tell me that after all their blunders you are surprised.

Of course as soon as people start doing that, cryptic is going to "fix" FAW spam and high-DPS biulds in general, thus ensuring that dil sink stays where it belongs.