test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Section 31 & Oberth Livestream Codes

adamofnodadamofnod Member Posts: 78 Arc User
If you successfully redeemed either the Section 31 or Oberth Class Light Science Vessel codes from today's (Sept 27th) Livestream could you please post in here stating which item you were able to redeem.

If you were in Twitch chat when either code was posted today and were unable to redeem a code at the time it was posted, you may also reply stating as such.

Just trying to get a feel on the percentage of people who were able to successfully redeem either code.

Thanks

P.S. Keep the Red matter Capacitor discussion to its own thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1235591 (EDIT: RMC Threads are now locked by Cryptic/PWE)

EDIT 2:
adamofnod wrote: »
Thanks to everyone for replying.

So after 50~ replies...

Two people got the Section 31 Uniforms on Saturday from the Livestream code.
Zero people got the Oberth on Saturday from the Livestream code.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by adamofnod on

Comments

• Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    They are limited-usage. All gone.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    They are limited-usage. All gone.

I know that. What I want to gleam is an idea what percentage of the people who were watching the livestream were able to redeem those codes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xparr15xparr15 Member Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    There were 500 available. There were 3500 people in the chat when they released and they were gone in 2 seconds. This means its safe to say that only people on the stream got the code. Your percentage is 500/3500 = 14.2% redemption rate.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    xparr15 wrote: »
    There were 500 available. There were 3500 people in the chat when they released and they were gone in 2 seconds. This means its safe to say that only people on the stream got the code. Your percentage is 500/3500 = 14.2% redemption rate.

Then hopefully by the 10th reply from a unique individual in this thread we'll have heard from someone who was able to successfully redeem one of these items. Because, thus far, I've heard from no one who was able to claim either from today's livestream. :confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's just a pity I have a family and responsibilities, so I'll never be able to hang on every second of one of these livestreams and get some rare never-to-be-seen-again redemption code. Ah, well...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Not me.

Copied both as they were first posted and they were gone before I could paste in the arc redeem window.
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Not me.

Copied both as they were first posted and they were gone before I could paste in the arc redeem window.

I had the redeem window open all the time and as soon as Smirk posted them I type in the box quickly but it read invalid code error. But it was the same code. Something is not right here. RMC worked but then it was at 2.XK now like 3.5K
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    darinjaneczkodarinjaneczko Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I was not able to redeem either code.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Not me.

Same here. Well, not the S31 code, I already have that. But I copied the Oberth code and pasted it in the already open code window as quickly as I could, and it was long gone.
  • Options
    kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    There were not 500. Where did this rumor come from? There were 30 uniforms and I think it was 5 ships.
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Livestream codes . . . another quality product from Cryptic
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    borisvodikaborisvodika Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ya cryptic sucks. free stuff given away? pfft so greedy. They are only giving them away because.....uh.....you know.....timegates or.....uh....upgrades....wait no.....tier 6 ships!

jerks
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    kozar2 wrote: »
    There were not 500. Where did this rumor come from? There were 30 uniforms and I think it was 5 ships.

Smirk said during the stream They had 500 and that next time they would have to get quite a few more.

It would be rather idiotic to say they want at least 3000 people in attendance, before giving out the codes and then only have 35 codes to give away.

That's a level of incompetence even greater than giving out wrong information.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    yvorgenardyvorgenard Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I could redeem the first code (RMC), but not the second =/ said I had to login to claim, which I couldn't as Holodeck was down.

=( sad pengiun here.
  • Options
    thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just to voice that again people with Mac computers are left out. I really wish they would find a better solution to this. Either make a arc version for Mac or let us redeem through the website. Mac users are players too..
  • Options
    drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Copied and pasted both within seconds and got different error codes each time. Nothing for me but a single character unlock RMC for an account with the account-wide unlock already in place. :(
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• Options
    assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The limited codes are an incredibly stupid idea.

1) Even the Twitch chat can lag and yesterday it cut out completely multiple times for me. So it's very likely that some people see the code before others.
    2) Every time Smirk posted a code people started spamming, the code went upwards and scrolling there in Twitch is an imperial pain in the donkey. If it's possible they really should ban all non-mods from posting for a minute when they give out a limited code like that.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I got sec 31 costume from the stream givaway.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • Options
    gagocashgagocash Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I got the Section31 Uniform and the Leeta Doff before the live stream from another event code. The RMC Code worked fine for me and i could claim the RMC. I'm glad i could claim the RMC on my main toon and did not use an Alt for the RMC Code. i knew it would be a char lock. I also had the redeem window open all the time, ready to paste the code and as soon as Smirk posted the Code i have higlighted the code and it was saved in my clipboard, I pasted the code very quickly with ctrl+v in the box but it was already a invalid code. lol
    it took me not even 2 seconds for the code and still no success??? c'mon something smells fishy here. And no it was not my internet connection or any lag, i had never any freezes or any other problems with the stream.
    M.A.C.O. ELITE COMMANDER & KIRK'S PROTEGE
  • Options
    casper32433casper32433 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    gagocash wrote: »
    I got the Section31 Uniform and the Leeta Doff before the live stream from another event code. The RMC Code worked fine for me and i could claim the RMC. I'm glad i could claim the RMC on my main toon and did not use an Alt for the RMC Code. i knew it would be a char lock. I also had the redeem window open all the time, ready to paste the code and as soon as Smirk posted the Code i have higlighted the code and it was saved in my clipboard, I pasted the code very quickly with ctrl+v in the box but it was already a invalid code. lol
    it took me not even 2 seconds for the code and still no success??? c'mon something smells fishy here. And no it was not my internet connection or any lag, i had never any freezes or any other problems with the stream.

It's not your internet connection that would have lagged, put 3500 people in a chat system and video streaming and their servers are bound to get laggy, especially with soooooo many idiots continuously spamming in the chat window. When Smirk was on tribble in sector space talking about Rom intel ship i was right next to him and shooting off my fireworks, there was a 5-10 second delay from when i shot them off to the time it showed up in the video stream. So who ever the server decided to show the codes being posted by Smirk and Trendy to 1st are the ones who got the limited freebies.
  • Options
    bada4boombada4boom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I got one.

I managed to get the Section 31 uniform but not the Oberth. I had 2 Arc windows opened and the code for Section 31 worked to paste it in the fist one but not the second window. So it worked less than a second it took me to Alt-tab.

The Section 31 is listed as a separate item next to the one you can get for Zen and it has 'promotional' added to the name.

They post the code multiple times and if you missed the first time chances are they are gone. For the Oberth it scrolled up too fast for me to get it. Less than a few seconds delay but it was enough.

I live on the west coast, maybe I have less latency to the twitch servers.

Based on my experience I'd say the codes where legit, just way too many contenders. I'm sorry you didn't get it best of luck next time.
  • Options
    semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I got the RMC so I guess I was one of the lucky ones.
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    semalda226 wrote: »
    I got the RMC so I guess I was one of the lucky ones.

I got the RMC not wide account just the FED got it. That code was only 2K online. There is plenty of lag from the live-stream. ARC reported an error with the second and third codes which to me should have been based on as long as Smirk was live not shorten they wanted over 2K they got it with 3.5K it should have been managed better that what I've seen. If they did this in a Corp Live-stream conference meeting world-wide and it was arranged better wouldn't have all this problems.

I use to join webinars and they offer free network gear for those of us who are running online company. When it comes to live-stream scheduling, they have everyone pre-register so if you show up they know who login to the stream. This should be done here. So when you login and stay for the entire webinar you get that free network gear. Don't need codes, don't have to type the words like "Cookie" several times. You don't have chat players asking so many questions. Where questions are done in another chat popup window. Where someone is in charge of questions being ask. That's more organized than what had happen yesterday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I did not see a single person in chat celebrate from winning an Oberth from the code.

Same on reddit, and various ingame chats.

I don't think the Oberth code even worked.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's not your internet connection that would have lagged, put 3500 people in a chat system and video streaming and their servers are bound to get laggy, especially with soooooo many idiots continuously spamming in the chat window. When Smirk was on tribble in sector space talking about Rom intel ship i was right next to him and shooting off my fireworks, there was a 5-10 second delay from when i shot them off to the time it showed up in the video stream. So who ever the server decided to show the codes being posted by Smirk and Trendy to 1st are the ones who got the limited freebies.

That is normal for all Twitch events. The ten seconds you see is normal. If you watch. The chat and some of the action in game you will always see the ten second delay.

I think it might have something to do with live events. Don't need any clothing malfunctions. It could also have to do with the time all the servers have to link up.
    320x240.jpg
  • Options
    seraphim1982seraphim1982 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I got neither. Very dissapointed with that part though I am happy that I got the RMC they asked for over 3000 people to be in attendance they should have had enough codes ready to go around. TRIBBLE poor planning on Cryptics part.
    Tempus Edax Rerum
  • Options
    xaramanxaraman Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    That twitch text chat room should be completely moderated and only opened when they're willing to accept questions or doing the raffles. Can this be done on Twitch?
  • Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I didn't get anything and I copyied and pasted like a mother%@!&$. I really would have liked to had the oberith....oh well. As for the other items I already had them so I didn't use any codes. If I did I figured it may have knocked someone out of getting something. Wish someone thought that way about the oberith. No good dead goes unpunished.

Off subject, Is anything sacred to Cryptic. I actually stood in line for 5 hour at Gamestop to get my Preordered Collectors Ed. of Star trek online. Just so I could have the Original Enterprise and RMC. Is there anything that People got that is not on the C-Store? Cryptics Greed is matched only by thier Slothfulness to fix STO's bugs.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Smirk should maybe test the codes he gives out and manage capacity better.
  • Options
    sardociansardocian Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I managed to get the Section 31 uniform, but not the Oberth ship.

EDIT: wanted to add, why does it matter? I honestly don't care about the Section 31 uniform, I would have found the Oberth ship more useful, but didn't win it, oh well.

Story: my family had attended a children's "health fair" yesterday morning, before the livestream. Everyone gets a free breakfast for showing up (lets call this a Red Matter Capacitor), and a chance to win prizes via a raffle. My 2 yo daughter won a bike helmet (lets call this an Oberth ship), and my 5 yo son didn't win anything. Instead of whining about how it wasn't fair and they should have helmets for everyone, he told my daughter he was happy she won something, and the helmet was really cool, and then went on to go play in the bouncy house after stopping by some of the booths (which was the point of the whole event, not the prizes). I find it very sad that a lot of the player base are literally being less mature than my 5 year old. Get over yourselves, some people won something, others didn't, try again next time - the point of the event was the actual preview of the upcoming content, not the prizes themselves.

I'll leave it at that :cool: