test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Old anti borg torps lose [borg]

terson777terson777 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
The old anti borg torps lose [borg] when just looking at upgrading them to XIII. You dont have to upgrade them, just put them in the tech upgrade box and +1000 radiation damage is gone as well as the [borg] tag. Tested on XII and XI versions and does same thing. (these were photon torpedoes)
Post edited by terson777 on

Comments

• huchykraalhuchykraal Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    yea i just had same issue viewing what the upgrade to my [Polaron Beam Array Mk XII [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]] would look like and like yourself, i had the Borg mod removed from my weapon. Unfortunatly i thought i had just selected the wrong weapon the 1st time and tried again , TRIBBLE a 2nd weapon.

My main toon's oddy used to have a full set of [Polaron Beam Array Mk XII [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]] & borg mod'd Quantum torps to match, so now that toon is missiing 2 chances at getting the 7% change for 1000 radiation to borg, that's gona TRIBBLE my DPS in STF's, specially since the Eng oddy only has 2 tac consoles and i need all the mods and procs i can get.

I could make allowances for oversights, if the borg mod dissapeared AFTER i had upgraded but the fact it dissapeared by just viewing the upgrades goes to show there wasn't enough testing on this stuff prior to release. Yet another reason i haven't gone lifetime, too many bugs , not enough effort out into fixing known bugs, and forget about any support.

Enough of my griping, just sort this will you.?...
  • matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Same with the ground weapons.

My Disruptor Pulsewave lost the mod just by slotting it in to examine. Now I have a purple V.Rare Disruptor Pulsewave Mk XII with only 2 mods.
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2014
    This is a known issue. We are working on a fix. Thanks for the reports.
    STO QA Team
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Will those of us who already broke our gear get that fix applied retroactively or some turn-in method to fix it?

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2014
    dalolorn wrote: »
    Will those of us who already broke our gear get that fix applied retroactively or some turn-in method to fix it?

The specifics of this are being worked out as far as I know. The ideal is to make everything automatic, but if we can't do that, there will be a turn in. That's all I know at this time.
    STO QA Team
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I certainly hope it can be made automatic because it's not just the Borg gear that loses its mods; it's almost every special unique episode reward too. That would be a lot of manual turn-ins you guys would have to hook up.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • vnexusvnexus Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The specifics of this are being worked out as far as I know. The ideal is to make everything automatic, but if we can't do that, there will be a turn in. That's all I know at this time.

You guys have been good with fixing issues so I'm sure you'll think of something but wheww... this is an ugly one. The lost items in the Mail system was an epic one too... forgot how long it took all those items to be returned/sorted.

-V
  • huchykraalhuchykraal Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for the feedback Frost, nice to know the rumours of your assimilation were exagerated afterall. it's hard enough to pull any decent DPS in the Ops Oddy as it iis, without losing what little edge i can get. Not to mention it took a lot of finger numbing grinding to get those weapons. As long as i get my borg mod back, whatever you guys come up with to fix them will be fine with me.
  • andyxvers2andyxvers2 Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Likes this post

Likes this post
  • terson777terson777 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Is this bug going to be fixed anytime soon ?
    edited May 2015

The fix to stop this from happening worked, but it didn't fix the damaged items. When are the damaged items going to be fixed as this occurred over 8 months ago, and when I put in a ticket they say the problems will get fixed in order, and stop putting in tickets. 8 months is plenty of time to fix the problem and you are working on fixes for the latest season so the support guys are lying to me about working on problems in order. No wonder this game is going down the drain. Telling people that an 8 month old problem is being fixed in order and putting out fixes for the newest season is a good way to TRIBBLE people off. If I had a give me back my money button I'd hit it and go back to playing Starfleet command 3 and leave this game like %90 of my friends have.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    edited May 2015
    bump
    really, how hard can it be to restore the item.