test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Counter Command Dread build help

fortis1424fortis1424 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Hello, I want to make a C.C themed fed fleet Dread, but not too sure how to improve it. the Boff skills are what they atm, and the traits are the same.

Not too sure if i should go all B.m phasers or put more B.m Dis in, and any other opinion's would be very appreciated.

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=ccfleetdread_8147

Thank you.
Post edited by fortis1424 on

Comments

• Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    B.M. Disruptors? Aren't those buffed by Fiber Deflectors?

...Sorry. I don't have anything constructive to add. :o
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    sorry, what i mean by B.m is bio-molecular.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I know. But I don't have the set so I can't help. I was just being facetious.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    haha no problem mate :)
  • Options
    squatsaucesquatsauce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm far from an expert, but I can see a few problems with this build. It's not bad, but it could probably benefit from a few tweaks.

Boff Skills:

It's a matter of personal taste, of course, but I'd probably swap out one of the engineering team 1's for an emergency power to weapons 1. The cycle time when running two means that you'll always have one ready in time to stack with BFAW and Tac Team1. It can help DPS without needing much fuss.

Also, if you can find them, there are DOffs that have a chance to boost the power level of all systems by 20 whenever you use any emergency power ability. Just putting that out there.

Equipment Loadout:

You're better with sticking with one beam type. I'd replace the fore disruptor with a bm-phaser. Also, you're really crippling your DPS potential by using accuracy boosters rather than straight up damage boosters. The extra accuracy does help, certainly, but you should strongly consider making them all boost phasers at the very least.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I'll give that a go thank you.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    I'd probably swap the BFAW and Torp Spread with each other, but that's my personal taste. I agree that you should stick to one energy type and not mix like that. As you have majority Phaser... go Phaser. And you really only need one Engie Team, but if you want another hull heal... maybe Aux to SIF? Otherwise I'd suggest Emergencey to Engines.

Also... I'd like to suggest getting a device: Subspace Field Modulator.
    As long as they aren't shooting Proton at you... it can add a temp damage resist. The guys in my fleet like to call it the "Save my a$$ device". Might not be as useful against Tholian Webs or PvP, but 15 seconds of added defense might give you enough time for a hull heal to recharge or for you to GTFO before going boom.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    You know, as long as you are running Aceton Beam, the Hazard System Officer DOff gives it the ability to Drain enemy Power Levels.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Do you really need the turret? I don't think it's worth losing a beam just for a 3 minute cooldown ability...

If you don't need the extra accuracy(Which I'm assuming this is PvE only and don't need a ton) you can cut the HdC and replace it with a Proton Particle Stabilizer and throw a Experimental Proton Weapon to replace that turret. Could also replace that Bio-Molecular torpedo with a Gravimetric Photon Torpedo for the 3 piece bonus.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Thanks everyone, all of your suggestions has helped a lot. :)
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Boff abilities are subject to individual tastes but I would do the following:

TT1
    FAW1, TS2
    EPtS1, EPtW2, Aux2Bat2, DEM3
    ET1, RSP1, Aux2SIF2
    HE1, ST2

I prefer using TS2 instead of FAW2 because if you can drop your target's shields then it can cause a lot of damage. Also some torps have AOE so more torpedoes can mean more AOE affect. But as long as you have a TS and FAW, then the doesn't matter too much which is the higher rank.

I would swap out ET1 for EPtS1 because as long as shields are still up it will be absorbing damage that would otherwise get to the hull (excluding bleed thru of course).

Although AB1 is useful for the radiation damage and the damage debuff it provides, I actually prefer to have Aux2SIF2 that is used to repair the ship's hull and provided a small / short damage resistance. The amount of hull points it can repair is related to your Aux power level and it can be used every 15 seconds if necessary. My Fed Sci toon has Aux at 72 when focused on weapons mix in whatever appropriate captain skills I have (none with more than 6 point) I can heal about 4,990 hull points every 15 second or 9,980 in 30 seconds. Engineering team has a cooldown of 30 seconds. Switching power mode to balanced before using Aux2SIF2 can increase the damage repaired.

I prefer using HE1 and ST2 simply because ST2 can be used to regenerate more shield points than ST1. HE1 would act as a backup to healing the hull in situations where you are using Aux2Bat2.

My setup is not perfect, but I like the heals of this setup and it still provides some offensive options as well.