test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Star Trek Destination London

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
Hailing all Captains in the UK/EU,

Our EU team will be hosting a special Destination Star Trek London community meet-up on Saturday, October 4th! Meet up with their away team after the show and discuss anything and everything STO and Star Trek.

When? October 4th, 8pm
Where? The Fox @ Connaught
Who? Everyone’s invited!

Make sure to check out the blog here.

Enjoy DST London everyone!

~CaptainSmirk
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Unfortunately I don't live in the UK...... :(
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Watch out for that gooey afterburn, Smirkster.

Sadly, I cannot make it to London, my son's 5th birthday party takes precedence... so enjoy London and try the ale even though it's way better up north in Yorkshire!
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• Options
    geerengeeren Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Id love to pop along im not far from London I cant wait its gony be so much fun :D
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Next time can you come to futher north like Newcastle and I will get a ticket london is a little far.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i dont have the money to venture to london, its full of one way streets and confusion. rather not tbh and with none of the main team in this direction there is not much interest anyways.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well have fun! Don't forget to do a Live-Stream to show us all what it was like in STDL-UK. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    pwesuricatapwesuricata Member Posts: 49 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2014
    coolheadal wrote: »
    Well have fun! Don't forget to do a Live-Stream to show us all what it was like in STDL-UK. ;)

Will see how the internet connection is there, we'll be taking lots of photos and videos eitherway! ;-)

Looking forward to meeting up with some of the fans at our booth, as well as at the meetup! :-D
  • Options
    shinseialphashinseialpha Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I plan on going to the event, hope to see you there.
    =/\= Original STO (forum account) Name: Shinsei ~ Registration Date: July 2008 =/\=
  • Options
    midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'll be there! Looking forward to meeting up with so many Trek and STO fans.

See you all in London.

LLAP \\//_
  • Options
    shinseialphashinseialpha Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'll be there! Looking forward to meeting up with so many Trek and STO fans.

See you all in London.

LLAP \\//_

Agreed, midnite :)
    =/\= Original STO (forum account) Name: Shinsei ~ Registration Date: July 2008 =/\=
  • Options
    stoodoggstoodogg Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    may be able to :)
    Panel member, Tribbles In Ecstasy
  • Options
    hoipoloihoipoloi Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Really looking forward to meeting with you guys, will be coming along woth my partner, see you there!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Had quite a few people message me in game regarding this also, will be a fun meetup ;-)
  • Options
    atseearratseearr Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'll be there, should be fun!

Will be good to catch up with people like midniteshadow7 again :)
  • Options
    rearllrearll Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's right by where I work! Shame I'm going on holiday that morning with the wife!
  • Options
    trickster34trickster34 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I am also going and can't wait!

Looking forward to meeting some of the STO team, other players and getting some goodies. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    atseearr wrote: »
    I'll be there, should be fun!

Will be good to catch up with people like midniteshadow7 again :)

Meeting up with other STO players and Trekkies at DSTL and the STO London meet up was so much fun, I'm really looking forward to meeting more peeps at DST3 and this STO meet up. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Meeting up with other STO players and Trekkies at DSTL and the STO London meet up was so much fun, I'm really looking forward to meeting more peeps at DST3 and this STO meet up. :)

Had quite a few people message me in game over the last few days, so looks like we'll have a pretty good turnout ;-)

Like the MIDAS array in your signature btw :-P
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Had quite a few people message me in game over the last few days, so looks like we'll have a pretty good turnout ;-)

Like the MIDAS array in your signature btw :-P

Good to know there should be a pretty good turn out :)

I just want to remind people that the STO meet up is at The Fox @ Connaught and NOT The Fox @ Excel. The Star Trek party with James Darren AKA Vic Fontaine and Tim Russ performing is at The Fox @ Excel and tickets will cost you £25.

I'm glad you like the art work - a friend and fleet leader of the SCC Fleet designed it for the work I do to promote podcasts :)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Good to know there should be a pretty good turn out :)

I just want to remind people that the STO meet up is at The Fox @ Connaught and NOT The Fox @ Excel. The Star Trek party with James Darren AKA Vic Fontaine and Tim Russ performing is at The Fox @ Excel and tickets will cost you £25.

I'm glad you like the art work - a friend and fleet leader of the SCC Fleet designed it for the work I do to promote podcasts :)

Correct, we are at the Fox bar on the other side of the Excel, we did this so that people that couldn't afford tickets for that event didn't miss out :-)

The MIDAS array in your signiture is a CGI model I made of it about 12 years ago btw ;-) :-P
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I've just had a thought!... I know that's dangerous!! ;)

The DST Party starts at 2000 Hrs as well at the Fox @ Excel - Is it worth maybe starting the STO meetup earlier so that anyone wanting to attend the other party can at least spend some time with the STO crowd.

Its just, as the DST blurb says "James Darren aka Deep Space Nine’s beloved Las Vegas lounge singer VIC FONTAINE performs. Playing for the first time at a UK Convention, this is one not to be missed. Tim Russ (Tuvok) will also be performing that evening adding to the glamour.", and I'd hate people miss meeting up with the STO team and other players as they had to chose between one or the other.

Looking at the timetable the paid stage ends at 1930 and the two free stages are over by 1715 and 1730.

I've looked at the menus for the Fox bars on their web site and the food and its prices seem to be good - should we instead meet for maybe 1900?

What's everybody elses thoughts on the matter?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I've just had a thought!... I know that's dangerous!! ;)

The DST Party starts at 2000 Hrs as well at the Fox @ Excel - Is it worth maybe starting the STO meetup earlier so that anyone wanting to attend the other party can at least spend some time with the STO crowd.

For the team, it's more a matter of us manning the booth inside the event, so we can't really get there that much earlier :-)
  • Options
    leethorogoodleethorogood Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm going, will be my first convention ever! :D

PWESuricata do you guys know where abouts your stall will be so I can work out where it is on my map?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    For the team, it's more a matter of us manning the booth inside the event, so we can't really get there that much earlier :-)

Well, I will try and get there as early as I can for anyone who might be wanting to meet the STO team and players but need to leave early for the party.

I'm not sure what time I'll get there as it depends on the last talk of the day.
    I'll message here when I head over there for anyone who is interested.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

PWESuricata do you guys know where abouts your stall will be so I can work out where it is on my map?

We are in the gaming area, booth 41/42, look forward to meeting you guys/gals ;-)
  • Options
    edited October 2014

The convention map can be found here: http://www.destinationstartrek.com/visiting/map

On that map there is an area named Gaming Voyage - I think it is there.
    But the STO Team should be able to confirm.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    The convention map can be found here: http://www.destinationstartrek.com/visiting/map

On that map there is an area named Gaming Voyage - I think it is there.
    But the STO Team should be able to confirm.

The booth to the left of 'gaming voyage' is where we will be ;-)
  • Options
    vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'll be sure to try and stop by with my fleetmate @k8k :).
  • Options
    leethorogoodleethorogood Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just wanted to say thanks to Tim (Suricata) and the team at DST3 today had a great time at the STO booth! Really enjoyed meeting the team and having a friendly chat with Tim! It was great to see them promoting Delta Rising by wearing Voyager style uniforms too! :cool:

I passed the stand several times throughout the day and it was always busy with people playing the Delta Rising demo the team had set-up and talking to the staff about the game and trek! :D

#STO_DST

Click for photo

Sorry I couldn't make it to the after convention party but I was only in London for the day and couldn't stay as I needed to be heading on home. I hope it was a smash and you all had a wonderful time!
  • Options
    stoodoggstoodogg Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    was great to meet you all, and thanks for the autographs on the art of Juan Ortiz book :) definately a prized keepsake. pretty sure that my dad is gonna frame his Voyager MSD and hang it in his office.
    had a great day!

#sto_dst

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10204118034625602&set=pcb.10204118035505624&type=1&theater
    Panel member, Tribbles In Ecstasy