test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Overpowered enemies

captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
I noticed some enemy ships, like the Kazon carriers, and hierarchy battleships seem too strong. The carriers can be defeated if you do it right, but I think the battleships(like in Orendal system) should not come in two's.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rjoy79rjoy79 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've had my butt handed to me a few times with both space and ground combat.
  • Options
    bwemobwemo Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's not their damage output, as all the npcs have laughably low damage in patrols...it's the amount of HP they have.... The inflation might be a lil too high for a patrol mission, some of the capital ships have pretty staggeringly high hulls. Seriously 2 of them at once if they have any of the new AI stuff (constant rsp, a2d, psw, never ending theta vents) can drag on fights for way too long, and it's usually being dragged via frustration rather than fun.

As far as ground goes... kobali ground is actually pretty fun at 55, and an utter face roll at 60. Your mileage may vary I guess.

If anything maybe nerf the hp #'s slightly to speed up the fight.
  • Options
    imthe13thdoctorimthe13thdoctor Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I agree. The Kazon carriers are rough and their fighters are tearing thru my shields like crazy on my Galaxy Dread with MK XII shields. If I wasn't slotted for heavy shield recovery I'd have been vaped several times.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Lol, come on. I just saw the livestream and smirk blew up some of those ships without any boff powers since his cruiser was bugged.

I have heard the AI spams aux2damp and starts off with RSP all the time, but if you used some sci skills instead of relying on the good old spacebar FAW spam fest, you'd do better.

I'd love to hear the opinion of a good PvP player regarding NPCs instead of PvE heroes hearsay.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    You already did luncho :P

However, pve folk are kinda right here, some of the new ai skills (they repeat a2d and rsp if they're alive too long, the malon endless theta spam is literally rage enducing when using tbr for obvious reasons) just make the fights long and tedious vs cryptics usual quick and kirky.

Their dmg is no diff than any other pve in the game though.... its just the length of fights is signficantly longer thanks to hp bag inflation + npcs using skills that actually buff their resists instead of using cannon rapid fire without having any cannons >.>
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Zomg. We finally get some smart AI or a good simulacrum of it and ppl start pouting. Play the game and figure out what kills them the best. Your weapon of choice might not be the right one.

Experiment with different weapon types or builds until you gain a foothold on the new combat.

And as for the PvP'ers...I have absolutely nothing good to say here so I will say nothing at all. As the person who invented AFAIK, I can say with some good ground to stand on that I see a dumbing down of things on the horizon. Why oh why do we always have to devolve to the lowest common denominator?

I'm realllllyyy not trying to troll here. I'm just getting a bead on how things usually tend to go when something or someone becomes hard to kill. nerfnerfnerfnerf whoooot! nerfnerfnerfnerf allaboard! get your tickets ready for punching. tickets please!
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Are you kidding? ... Yes ships like the Kazon Carriers have high hull strength, but really, that's no different to most other ships we routinely face (like a Borg Cube with 2 MILLION HP!)

Those carriers only have ~250000 Hull, so they aren't that tough. However they will need new tactics to combat, and as mentioned, you can't just be a Spacebar FAW spammer.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Drain that shield subsystem, their RSP will be worthless that way. As for spamming aux2damp, well, you'll have to change your strategy with the Kazon. Hell, had I designed them, I would have thrown in TT cycling for extra lolz.
  • Options
    casper32433casper32433 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I haven't had any problems with the kazon carriers or the hierarchy battleships, my aquatic ripped thru them no problem and i don't even use any sci debuff skills nor have I upgraded this ship to T5U yet. Still waiting on the problem with the special consoles not being usuable after upgrade to be fixed.
  • Options
    toslover#1432 toslover Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    bwemo wrote: »
    It's not their damage output, as all the npcs have laughably low damage in patrols...it's the amount of HP they have.... The inflation might be a lil too high for a patrol mission, some of the capital ships have pretty staggeringly high hulls. Seriously 2 of them at once if they have any of the new AI stuff (constant rsp, a2d, psw, never ending theta vents) can drag on fights for way too long, and it's usually being dragged via frustration rather than fun.

I agree. I can't tell you how many times I was frustrated to the point where I just had to give up for a while [I eventually tried it again, however, but it took the same amount of time, but it was still frustrating]. Even with Fleet Support II, I had multiple issues with these ships. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels these ships are way too powerful. In my opinion, it shouldn't be this difficult on NORMAL Difficulty. Advanced or Elite I could totally understand, but not on Normal.

I can't tell you how much time I've lost trying to eliminate those ships. I'm not saying make them super-easy, but super-difficult, to me, isn't the best way to go. If you want to make both sides happy, at least give us the option to scale the ships down in difficulty. This way, the side that wants it very difficult can have that and the side that wants a challenge, but doesn't want the frustration that goes along with it can have that as well.
    2rbz410.jpg
  • Options
    overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have no idea what are you guys talking about. All the enemies I have seen so far (level 54) drop like flies. They are no better than regular Voth or Undine. The only enemies that might pose a threat are the Vaadwaur with some nasty hold + nuke space combos, but even them have failed to drop a shield facing so far, let alone do any serious damage.
  • Options
    johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    so here comes the nerf-brigade.. omg
  • Options
    ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've been playing everything on elite so far in my fleet galaxy. Yeah, the kazon are tough, but hardly OP'd. At most its a battle to get through shields. Aside from that, its no different than alpha quadrant enemies. Ive actually been meaning to comment to the devs that the enemies need to be made just little bit stronger in elite.
  • Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Drain that shield subsystem, their RSP will be worthless that way. As for spamming aux2damp, well, you'll have to change your strategy with the Kazon. Hell, had I designed them, I would have thrown in TT cycling for extra lolz.
    Not everyone runs drain builds, lucho...
    I haven't faced them on tribble and i am a pve guy so take my advice for what it is ... so, let's say you are a tac driving a faw beamboat ... RSP is not eternal and its cd is not short, so check the tiny icons under your enemy picture... restrain when you see the RSP icon... as soon as it ends, go alpha and throw everything you got ...
    A2D? where's the problem? I don't think they have the aux2D doff, do they?
    Theta radiation? I have never confconfronted an npc spamming that or i just don't remember ... guess i would go like for RSP...
    just a quick plan made on the spot
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Seriously I pray to Spock, that the devs do NOT listen to the nerf'ers on here ... The enemies are pretty much spot on the way they are.

If anything I would say, that on "Normal" they need a bump in damage output ...
  • Options
    atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Overpowered? Great! Buff the Kazon some more. Give them tactical team, and aux to battery with duty officer cool down powers. Add Directed energy modulation III also.

Glad the AI is getting better.
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Actually, it would be nice if their offensive capability was tuned up as much as their defensive abilities (including hp inflation from level) was equal, was the point I was trying to get at earlier, but this would literally create a situation where pve in this game might become difficult. As it stands now its the same ol thing with exponentially more hp. However, people like to kirk it up in this game (lots of explosions boom boom boom everything explodes). They tune for that, regardless of all of us being geared properly built to roflstomp content, and as it stands I could see valid complaints from the kirks on this, as some of the mobs can be tedious en masse...not difficult, two different things.
  • Options
    toslover#1432 toslover Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    Seriously I pray to Spock, that the devs do NOT listen to the nerf'ers on here ... The enemies are pretty much spot on the way they are.

If anything I would say, that on "Normal" they need a bump in damage output ...

Personally I hope that they at least try to compromise somehow so both sides are happy. :)
    2rbz410.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    atlantra wrote: »
    Overpowered? Great! Buff the Kazon some more. Give them tactical team, and aux to battery with duty officer cool down powers. Add Directed energy modulation III also.

Glad the AI is getting better.

You are not a trekkie, are you?
    Because ... the Kazon OP? Don't make me laugh :P
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    if its improved ai, yippeee!
    if its simply a dps sponge, booo.

it would be pretty sad to see the kazon of all people be the first enemy that wasnt a faceroll.
  • Options
    generaldisaster#4313 generaldisaster Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    before I ruined my fleet chimera by upgrading it, I was able to handle all the new enemy npcs ok. I didn't die or anything. It was just annoying because it took over 20 minutes to chip away at the shields of the ships in any given patrol. but then again my build (skills, traits, etc) is specificly tuned for maintaining my shields and hull. and using four advanced rcs consoles means quite a few shots are actually missing me. the vaadwaar heavy artillery ship is of particular annoyance to me as will take upwards of an hour to defeat that bugger. once the shields of the enemy are down I can take them out fairly quickly with my 4 fleet adv AP DHC. after chipping away at the shields it is rewarding sort of to see the hull levels drop like a rock.
    Star Treking, across the universe. Only going forward because we can't find reverse...
  • Options
    atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You are not a trekkie, are you?
    Because ... the Kazon OP? Don't make me laugh :P

Well this is STO, The Jem'Hadar attack ship is one of the strongest ships in the game... It's like Star Wars making the TIE fighter the strongest. So yes I see the Kazon being OP. That's your STO devs for you...

LOL's all around.
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    if its improved ai, yippeee!
    if its simply a dps sponge, booo.

it would be pretty sad to see the kazon of all people be the first enemy that wasnt a faceroll.

Mostly DPS sponge. AI gain stuff like RSP and A2D, but they don't know how to use it so its negligible.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    atlantra wrote: »
    Well this is STO, The Jem'Hadar attack ship is one of the strongest ships in the game... It's like Star Wars making the TIE fighter the strongest. So yes I see the Kazon being OP. That's your STO devs for you...

LOL's all around.

This is CrypticVerse
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Honestly I can't see it ... The Artillery ship "telegraphs" the hits ssssoooo much, it's as bad as Donatra's wind up routine.

If you can't dodge the GIANT GLOWING FROICKEN X's, then you should take up knitting or exchanging stories with Morn on DS9.

The enemies are a bit of a "DPS" Sponge though, I have to admit, and realistically they really need a buff to their damage output or at least some nasty "Spike" hits of some kind every now and then (like a CRF or BO hit) just to keep you on your toes, otherwise it's just a circling BFAW spam until they're dead..

Flying a Tal Shiar Adapted Battlecruiser @T4 Ship Traits, with all + Res and + Hull Buff's that gives, it's virtually invulnerable to Hull damage, and very tough against Shield damage.
  • Options
    overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Honestly I can't see it ... The Artillery ship "telegraphs" the hits ssssoooo much, it's as bad as Donatra's wind up routine.

If you can't dodge the GIANT GLOWING FROICKEN X's, then you should take up knitting or exchanging stories with Morn on DS9

They are easy enough to dodge as long as they don't use that cheating "anchor" beam, that acts like a tractor but cannot be countered like a tractor, at the same time.
  • Options
    captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The only problem I had was with the Hierarchy battleships in Orendal, two of them with jam sensors and emp torpedos ripped apart my D'deridex.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

I love staying in Donatra's or the CE's blast area and using the Voth shield. Instant damage return.
    captz1pp wrote: »
    The only problem I had was with the Hierarchy battleships in Orendal, two of them with jam sensors and emp torpedos ripped apart my D'deridex.

Sounds awesome.
  • Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    im enjoying the new mobs.. so much more fun thinking your way through combat, rather than just rotating abilities, and those Kazon fighters are like annoying gnats constantly flanking you, its pretty spot on
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    qziqza wrote: »
    im enjoying the new mobs.. so much more fun thinking your way through combat, rather than just rotating abilities, and those Kazon fighters are like annoying gnats constantly flanking you, its pretty spot on

^this ...^THIS, with bells on! ...

What you actually have to ... Think ... to fight these enemies? ... What, you actually have to set up your ship as something other than a one hit Vaper? ... Oh, the humanity!

Slot a "Science Team" somewhere in your build ... Fixed
    Slot an APO or RSP somewhere in your build ... Fixed
    Look at the screen, and don't just fly in a circle spamming the spacebar ... Fixed