test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which character will you choose?

tinnytimpstinnytimps Member Posts: 139 Arc User
edited September 2014 in PvP Gameplay
With the absurd numbers (dilithium cost) being exposed to upgrade a full ships gear from MK XII to MK XIV, will you be upgrading all your pvp characters? Or just focusing on the single one or two. Just curious :cool:
3c81e718a1.jpg
Post edited by tinnytimps on

Comments

• mrgrocer56mrgrocer56 Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Going to stick with my Rom Tac in his xindi. For the foreseeable future
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Trouble is everyone knows it really isn't worth it, but the moment one person does everyone will need to do it just to keep up.

I intend to stick to just community organised stuff come DR.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    deokkent wrote: »
    I think I've given up on the pvp arms race. If I do get left behind, so be it. I play for fun, and try to be authentic to my faction and IP as much as I can.
    Ehi...I like your answer, evul! And I'm agree with you! Weird but true...:eek:
    That's why I'll kill you after all the other bad guys!:P

I rolled a new toon...figuring I'd only be able to do a single toon.

I rolled a Klingon.
    I rolled Federation.
    I rolled a Klingon Fed.

:P
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    since im only going to even consider doing this on my main, and my main is not a romulan... no more attempts at pvp from me.
  • iskandusiskandus Member Posts: 1,062 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If I do get left behind, so be it. I play for fun, and try to be authentic to my faction and IP as much as I can.

Which is why you tried to steal TDF aka. Federation Nebula console. :rolleyes:
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Already gave up STO PVP in anticipation of DR, no more $$ injections, and not doing full-day dil grind anymore either, so I wont be upgrading anything unless I get big dil drops from some kind of giveaway
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My brain said me to upgrade only the tac, the sci and the eng main pvp toon, but i know i'll upgrade everything :D
  • bethshepardbethshepard Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's awkward scimitar Barbie made toothless pointless the second I gave her a bugship as for my two sci's I really don't know. To be honest I think the fact that I can now irreparably taint my gear with incorrect mods might actually finish this game of for me. I can't afford to start my elachi cannons from scratch every time I pick up a DMG mod, I was lucky enough to get mine when they were cheap and plenty full.
    edited September 2014
    It's awkward scimitar Barbie made toothless pointless the second I gave her a bugship as for my two sci's I really don't know. To be honest I think the fact that I can now irreparably taint my gear with incorrect mods might actually finish this game of for me. I can't afford to start my elachi cannons from scratch every time I pick up a DMG mod, I was lucky enough to get mine when they were cheap and plenty full.

It is kind of rough...
    jheinig wrote: »
    * Item mods are not re-rolled

Your item's mods don't change as part of the upgrade, so if you like the mods on your Phaser Beam Array [Acc]x3, you won't lose them. You just have a chance to get a new, extra mod. You might turn your array into a Phaser Beam Array [Acc]x4, or Phaser Beam Array [Acc]x3 [Dmg], or Phaser Beam Array [Acc]x3 [CrtH].
    For most items, if you get a new mod, it is randomly selected. Set reputation gear does not get a random modifier; instead, the mod gained is always the same for a specific item. When you upgrade a MACO deflector to ultra-rare (ultraviolet) quality, for instance, it will always get one specific mod. That way you never have to worry about a random mod and having to grind out another piece of expensive rep gear and then upgrading it again -- once it improves in quality, you know that you have gained the one upgraded version.

* Epic (Gold) items have special bonus mods

The bonus mod for an item at Epic (Gold) quality is a unique special mod that doesn't otherwise appear, generally more powerful than other mods. These are:
    Space Shield: [Cp/Rg] Combined capacity/regen boost
    Space Impulse Engine: [Drv2] Overcharged driver coil, double coil bonus
    Space Deflector: [SS/SI] Interlaced integrity, structural integrity/shield systems combined bonus
    Space Weapon: [Ac/Dm]: Bonus accuracy/damage combo
    Ground Shield: [Cap2] Double capacity bonus
    Ground Armor: [ResAll/HP] Bonus HP and bonus resist all damage
    Ground Weapon: [Dm/CrH] Bonus damage and critical chance combo

UR -> E, well - you know what you're getting.

But that VR -> UR...meh...can see that going south pretty fast and in a big way. Also one of the reasons for only thinking of a single toon - couldn't imagine doing that kind of gambling on multiple toons.
    edited September 2014
    It is kind of rough...

UR -> E, well - you know what you're getting.

But that VR -> UR...meh...can see that going south pretty fast and in a big way. Also one of the reasons for only thinking of a single toon - couldn't imagine doing that kind of gambling on multiple toons.

Cryptic have done things in the past that I don't with but this chance to ruin your stuff on the upgrade from VR to UR is the first that has made me consider quitting the game.
    edited September 2014
    beameddown wrote: »
    got 10 characters that were very active up until awhile back, all were pvp ready, but, sadly as time has went by, the time needed to keep them sharp ment to many hours vs not enough pvp time :)

so, I would say about 5 were pushed forward, and as of these last few months or so, I have decided to go down to just 3 if not less

now, I have TONS of ships, I have bought TONS of stuff from the lobi store, for LOTS and LOTS of experiments, BUT, now I find myself trying to think of a way to get down to just 1 character-

and its only the cost and time to upkeep a pvp rdy build is why

man its expensive, FUNNY thing is, back when I was running the 10 toons, I was spending MORE MONEY on this game, now, I dont think I will be hitting anywhere NEAR what I use to spend,

and thats just it,

I have no problem buying new ships, gear, spending money to get ec, lobi, or dil etc- IF i can play the character in pvp, now the costs are insane, getting some traits is a huge cost, getting some doffs is a huge cost- really I just dont see how I can continue spending as I do cause the costs keep multiplying to keep pvp characters active

and thats just it, couple other folks on the forums here have pointed out really, we get no reward for pvping,

so it was always a personal reward

I just cant justify spending hundreds of dollars to keep multiple toons ready to go for those 10-30 matches a month that I would do with the individual toons, it just doesnt make sense- also now more grind then ever with no end in sight, I kept all 10 up to 3 reps, about 7 up to 4 reps, and now I have only 5 that are finished with all reps, and man, that was to much work

to continue to grind for events, grind for reps, grind for max level.. to much

thinking my sci will be the keeper, just keep that one up to date, let the rest rot and be mule toons- that way im spending way less ec to keep up today, way less time grinding, and get more pvp time

Ill buy less ships and stuff from now on, on account that if the new ships dont have boff layouts I want to use with my 1 sci, then Ill just have to pass

same goes for future traits, doffs, etc

shame, was fun while it lasted:)

This is me to a "T" they are planning on this wonderful expansion increasing the amount people spend, it is going to do the exact opposite for me, thankfully. I have spent WAY too much money on this game the past 4.5 years.
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I just want to quit everything. I'm one of those ppl that have a addictive personality. If I upgrade one item, then I can't stop. I need help.
    > cryptic in the corner talking on their new I phone 6, then they hollor at me. Hey got a new shipment of zen in, ya need some. No I'm trying to quit. Ah come on. Buy a little and I'll throw in some extra. you can quit whenever you want." Freezing and sweeting at the same time". I reach into my wallet. Cryptic Dev smiles and blinks his eye. I knew you wasn't going anywhere. Now get back in there and upgrade gear.
  • oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    only my main... Yanin, i halted every other toons awhile back for potential pvp use sinced i got bored with grinding stuff... already beginning to get uninterested with this game now especially with the lack of any real PvP content (don't confuse it with Character Content) and with the fake ending of the Klingon-Fed war, it gave Cryptic an excuse not to updated any PvP content in the future...
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    None for me sadly. I just simply do not have the time, money, and will for it. My PvP will become exclusively VPvP, cuz there's just no way for me to get a character to competitive level.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited September 2014
    I made that choice back in LoR...that means i have to pick between my tac and tac lol
  • riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My Fed tac, because it has the vast majority of my ships. Then either Scimitar or Vesta.
  • ehrlehnehrlehn Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I only have two toons, but honestly, with the time constraints i have....i may just not bother at all, perhaps not even bother with the game itself anymore. Or just delete one toon and occasionaly pve with the remainder until a better game comes along. I have a feeling i will uninstall and walk away.

Derrick - Fed Eng
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i'm unsure about everything these days lol.... i'll probably get my rom up to date first (least gear). next my klink and my main for the last.
    i doubt i'll ever finish with bringing my main up to everything lol :(.

or may just come back for maintenance mode.
    edited September 2014
    Lol trying to follow Worf's footsteps?

Nah, just trying to confuse/troll folks should I keep trying to PvP...

"He's a Klingon, but damn it - he's a Fed!"
    "He's a Fed, but damn it - he's a Klingon!"

:P
  • alejogalejog Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I would like to upgrade my sci/healer but as he does little to no damage I'm not even sure if I have the willpower to subject myself through that torture.

I guess I should just focus on my law career and make partner. Cryptic ain't getting any of that money if this keeps up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]-32nd Vipers- PvP Team

Nothing is impossible to him who would try.... except getting cryptic to care about pvp.
  • bwemobwemo Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    After 12 or so hours of playing at lv 60 with a full mk 14 epic wells + full mastery on tribble I can say this. God help the poor souls that queue up for pvp for the first time in their game career thinking its going to be super fun and run into a full mk 14 epic + t5u or t6 with mastery team. The said teams comp wont even matter, the difference is utterly hysterical.

That said I'll be upgrading my sci because thats all I care to play anymore, unless somehow eng makes a comeback, then Ill add my eng healer back to the pls gear me list. RIP my other 25 characters, atleast you can still competitively farm contraband for me I guess.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If I do upgrade any my KDF Tac and Sci would get priority, followed by my KDF eng.
    I have a few level 50 Roms and Fed characters that will probably not level past 50.
    Been considering not doing it on any characters and just staying in the level 50 queues.
    Maybe we should all stay in the 50s and it won't be as bad in the 50-59 queues as it will be in the 60 queues.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
    edited September 2014
    I can't wait to see another beammedown criticizing you for not adapting etc etc ^^... I'm feeling a little bit of bittersweet justice that you have now joined the rest of us in to complain and whine about sto lmao.

It's funny, I've always had a similar mind set and this last change has also got me moving over to the doom and gloom camp. What's annoying me is the thing I'm most pissed about virtually no body seems to think it's an issue.
    edited September 2014
    It's funny, I've always had a similar mind set and this last change has also got me moving over to the doom and gloom camp. What's annoying me is the thing I'm most pissed about virtually no body seems to think it's an issue.

I've reached the point. After almost 5 years, the last straw just got slammed on this stupid camel's back.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    PVP is still fun at lower levels, maybe we should all roll level 40's and do private matches and not take dailys in order to not level up. PVP would be at its best like it was 2 or 3 years ago, much less spam.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
    edited September 2014
    marc8219 wrote: »
    PVP is still fun at lower levels, maybe we should all roll level 40's and do private matches and not take dailys in order to not level up. PVP would be at its best like it was 2 or 3 years ago, much less spam.

Hmmm tempting...
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i probably wont do much if any upgrading, and pvp until those that grind and spend a shocking amount finally ruin everything with their fully gold mk14 decked out ships.