test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sound Issue since 8/21 Patch

reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Graphical and Sound Issues
Since the patch on 8/21 I seem to get an occasional ping of static, like the needle on a record player hitting a bad spot as it spins. It seems to happen mostly in New Romulus Command, and will persist even when the window doesn't have focus, despite all other sounds not persisting.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kelshandokelshando Member Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    reximuz wrote: »
    Since the patch on 8/21 I seem to get an occasional ping of static, like the needle on a record player hitting a bad spot as it spins. It seems to happen mostly in New Romulus Command, and will persist even when the window doesn't have focus, despite all other sounds not persisting.

I'm having the same issue and its getting worse. now I have it everywhere even when alt tabbed.. and ya its like a popping sound of a old vinyl record
  • Options
    sevenschasersevenschaser Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have also been hearing this static.

It seems like this starts on maps with some fire element.

However have found it takes exiting the game before the static goes away.
  • Options
    cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Not sure i have the same issue per say but i do notice that audio cuts out alot during hectic fights like you hear phaser fire from lots of sources but then them sources are culled and then you get cut off audio midway which kinda ruins the fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hatchetl4dhatchetl4d Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Same issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    th3xr34p3rth3xr34p3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    What are your sound playback devices and are you using any realtek drivers?
    [SIGPIC]Click to visit Subspace-Radio[/SIGPIC]
    Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
    The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
  • Options
    hatchetl4dhatchetl4d Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Creative Sound Blaster Z.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    th3xr34p3rth3xr34p3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hatchetl4d wrote: »
    Creative Sound Blaster Z.

Here is the jan '14 drivers http://support.creative.com/downloads/welcome.aspx?nDriverType=1#type_1

if possible lower the number of sound sources in game or through the card settings.
    [SIGPIC]Click to visit Subspace-Radio[/SIGPIC]
    Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
    The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.