test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Recent Value Changes to Consoles - Post 8/28/14 Patch

13»

Comments

• cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Those figures are actually somewhat low - ask minimax or piehatter to vape you sometime, then you will see a proper kill crit.
  • needtobecomitedneedtobecomited Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    Those figures are actually somewhat low - ask minimax or piehatter to vape you sometime, then you will see a proper kill crit.

Yes, 80k+ from proton barrage, 60k+ from beam overload 3, and 50k+from torpedo high yield 3. Never 20k from a single DHC CRF1.

minimax doesn't even use cannons.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Crystalline Refraction - Phaser deals 398195 (682959) Phaser Damage to Evul Klingon.
    edited September 2014
    Yes, 80k+ from proton barrage, 60k+ from beam overload 3, and 50k+from torpedo high yield 3. Never 20k from a single DHC CRF1.

minimax doesn't even use cannons.

Still not "mental" as described. (Probably should have included a quote on the first post)
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Mr. Gecko, I have a question for you. Will Romulan players be able to discharge Tovan Khev when Delta Rising comes out? He's a nice bridge officer, sure, but I don't like having a slot being forced to stay filled. I need some flexibility with my officers, much like my Ferasan and Human characters, where I keep enough officers to be able to fly anything that fits my mood.

That is actually in the Frequently created topic section. Long story short: No, because Tovan Khev is integrated into the romulan storyline you cannot dismiss him.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Still not "mental" as described. (Probably should have included a quote on the first post)

I was actually saying the difference between stock and wide arc DHCs dpv is mental atm. Calm down, I'm not trying to say I'm amazing or anything.
    giphy.gif
    edited September 2014
    I was actually saying the difference between stock and wide arc DHCs dpv is mental atm. Calm down, I'm not trying to say I'm amazing or anything.

Actually Wide Arc will be less effective on numbers - arc does nothing for a DHC that is constantly on target, meaning even a [dmg] mod would be more effective in absolute terms.
  • needtobecomitedneedtobecomited Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Actually Wide Arc will be less effective on numbers - arc does nothing for a DHC that is constantly on target, meaning even a [dmg] mod would be more effective in absolute terms.

This isn't a "would be" discussion. This is a bug report. Someone on the development team moved a decimal point or forgot to carry the one and certain rare through ultra rare consoles and weapons were unintentionally upgraded.

This means that the crafted ultra rare Omni beam bank and wide arc dual heavy cannons are doing way more than they should. go check the exchange, Omni beams are listed at 500 dps and the wide arc cannons are at 800 dps. This is double the standard value. hence the double damage 20k CRF1 I posted.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Crystalline Refraction - Phaser deals 398195 (682959) Phaser Damage to Evul Klingon.
  • caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    tjknight69 wrote: »
    All of the Ultra Rare crafted consoles and weapons on the exchange, just do a search for Ultra Rare.

A Dual heavy cannon has twice as much DPS as a fleet version coming at over 500 DPS and a beam has over 300 DPS and ENG has 50% turn

I was wondering why 360 beam arrays were doing double damage of a normal beam array.....
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • eightseven87eightseven87 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I can't start a conversation or what ever you call it. So i'm talking to you. I was wondering if we could maybe set prices for selling on the exhange. for example lets say I have something worth one million and post it for one million. Others who are selling the same item start selling it for a little less, then the next person does the same and eventually it gets down to five hundred thousand. It would be nice for those of us who don't want to participate lowering the prices if we could have some set prices for items
  • sardociansardocian Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I can't start a conversation or what ever you call it. So i'm talking to you. I was wondering if we could maybe set prices for selling on the exhange. for example lets say I have something worth one million and post it for one million. Others who are selling the same item start selling it for a little less, then the next person does the same and eventually it gets down to five hundred thousand. It would be nice for those of us who don't want to participate lowering the prices if we could have some set prices for items

Sounds to me like you're trying to sell an item worth only five hundred thousand EC for a million EC... jerk, stop trying to rip the rest of us off :cool:

Worth is set by all the buyers and sellers, not just yourself. Just because you think something is worth 1 million doesn't mean it actually is. An item is worth what someone else is willing to pay for it, and is also dictated by supply. If you are selling an item for 1 million, and are the only one, and if someone buys it, at that point, it's worth 1 million. However, if you are selling for 1 million, others are selling for half of that, and no one is buying your stuff... that's a hint you're selling something for far more than it's worth ;)

In any case, lets leave economics alone, it's off topic of this thread :)
  • chewytunachewytuna Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    noticed i can no longer use cannon console in my ship, was in tactical slot in ship now in inventory box tryed to put it back but square goes red when i try to put in back in tactical slot.
  • aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I went to upgrade my Kinetic Cutting Beam and the action of simply placing it into the upgrade window resulted in it being permanently weakened.

:/
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • revelator6674revelator6674 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    aesica wrote: »
    I went to upgrade my Kinetic Cutting Beam and the action of simply placing it into the upgrade window resulted in it being permanently weakened.

Just curious, did you file a bug report and contact support? Curious because that could be a pretty brutal bug.
  • starbase1114starbase1114 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    TRIBBLE you cant trust anything, you build a ship one way and come back the next day and it's TRIBBLE because things are not the way you built it and the Dev gods have screwed you once again!!!!!
  • starbase1114starbase1114 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    aesica wrote: »

Ya i've had this happen too and it blows you spend money on a upgrade to help your ship and it screws you in the end and cryptic just collects the money smiles and moves on to the next big money maker for them and nothing gets done!
  • elnorelelnorel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ya i've had this happen too and it blows you spend money on a upgrade to help your ship and it screws you in the end and cryptic just collects the money smiles and moves on to the next big money maker for them and nothing gets done!

$$$$ That is the point $$$$
  • heckgoblinheckgoblin Member Posts: 685
    edited October 2014
    The Counter-Command console is still nerfed after upgrading. When will this be fixed? Will it EVER be fixed?
    I AM WAR.
  • borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    1. Why certain rep consoles are upgradeable while others not ?
    Example: Nukara console is, Omega console is not.
    2. Why the primary stats of the upgradeable rep consoles are not increasing ?
    (I.E. +5 to shield power --> still +5 not +5.something.)
  • locutusofjoshlocutusofjosh Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hi Folks,

Recently, some data was changed on holodeck that slightly increased the effectiveness of many high level ship consoles. This change was unintentional and was the result of a significant data overhaul in preparation for Delta Rising. This change will not be a permanent change. We will be reverting these numbers back to their original values, so we wanted to let you know what to expect.

We also want to ask for your help in finding any other unintentional changes. If you see any unexpected values change (whether up or down), please let us know and we will investigate.

We hope to have this matter resolved very soon and we apologize for any inconvenience.

LLAP

Al “Captain Geko” Rivera
    Star Trek Online Lead Designer
    I had won a xindi narcine carrier from a lock box and i tried to open the requisition pack to my narcine and the game disconnected me as i opened it can i get a replacement? i mightve said this in 2 other threads but can i get a new one plz?
  • jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I had won a xindi narcine carrier from a lock box and i tried to open the requisition pack to my narcine and the game disconnected me as i opened it can i get a replacement? i mightve said this in 2 other threads but can i get a new one plz?

ok now your getting annoying, stop spamming this in completely unrelated threads, file a bug report, make a thread in the BUG FORUM

there is a bug report system for a reason
  • starwheelerstarwheeler Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There is a major change in upgrading console or weapon in the R&D system to every item is spec lower than it should be!
  • nikolaykuznetsovnikolaykuznetsov Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    Max. One-Hit: 114,966 (Quantum Torpedo - Salvo II (Federation Typhoon Class Battleship))
  • keravnioskeravnios Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    EDIT please remove an old sticky thread lol and damn ******* who revived this
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    keravnios wrote: »
    EDIT please remove an old sticky thread lol and damn ******* who revived this

That would have been you :rolleyes:.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!