test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delta Alliance Reputation

Comments

• morchadesmorchades Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    How does this new systme advance the storY? Is it like Romulan, Dyson or Undine? By which I mean, when we advance a Tier do we get a new mission, a cut scene, or bupkis?
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    morchades wrote: »
    How does this new systme advance the storY? Is it like Romulan, Dyson or Undine? By which I mean, when we advance a Tier do we get a new mission, a cut scene, or bupkis?

Oh, I seriously doubt it. We've got story missions for that, after all! :P
  • mingtran2mingtran2 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The rep items are still Mark 12, but I think they will be compatable for upgrades thanks to the upgrade system that's being hinted on at Tribble.

I would like to know if this upgrade applies to all Reps, because I spent too much time grinding
  • vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Interesting but the space set seems like a ad-hoc cut and paste of the Borg Assimilated and Dyson set. Think might do it for 2 charcters but the passives aren't interesting at least to me.
  • acg3269acg3269 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Console - Universal – Bio-Neural Gel Pack - Anyone else having an issue with this?

I thought these were standard for the computers on every Starfleet vessel for the past 30 years.
    Also, lets go give away our best computer tech to other factions just because... So much for that edge.

And while we're at it, why go for tech that is supposed to be 30 years old, when we have access to Dyson sphere tech, which is, quite literally, a variation of ICONIAN technology!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Boldly going where no one has gone before!
  • pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    venkou wrote: »
    Weird. I know what you mean.

Why waste time on grinding useless MK XII items?

Where are the MK XIII and MK XIV items?

Because you need to spend additional dilithium to upgrade them. The upgrade kits are appearing on tribble, haven't been able to use one to find out how much things are actually going to cost, I assume that's intentional for the time being.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Please tell me that Delta Marks are available to earn elsewhere other than queued events?

Polaron/Thoron weapons? Pass. Voth Polaron/Proton are much better...

As for all the gear being M12? LOL!!!!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I don't see how it wasn't seen that there would be another rep system. When they did the trait revamp they were talking about future reps.

I do hope the trend will continue so that we can get rep marks from story missions like in the revamped Undine missions though.

On the Rep Quantums I would like to see some launcher warhead separation.

For instance I've got a Regent with a wide angle Quantum Torpedo. I would like to get a Biomolecular Torpedo and load that warhead into the wide angle launcher and then have a wide angle Biomolecular. Or Thoron-infused Quantum Torpedo.

This would be a C-Store thing though, as awesome as having a Romulan Hyper Launcher and swap out the plasma for Tricobalts or something (albeit with a corresponding increase in relaod time)...actually that would still be relatively fair.

The same with the Galaxy X and Guramba and their respective lances. Swap out a firing coil so you can use Romulan Plasma, Polaron, or Tetryon instead of just Phaser or Disruptor if we want.

As for the Mk XII thing, I think Cryptic is going for a baseline for ALL rep gear at Mark XII and then you upgrade it above that. There are still mission rewards that are going to be over MkXII, like a MkXIII Field Generator is the first that I've heard.

Whether or not it will be a hassle depends on what exactly the upgrade system is.

verlaine11 wrote: »
    A2B + Gelpack = more win

Reactive Ship Repairs ◦On Crit Triggers a ship self-heal <
    lolz what with the massive critical % people can get
    Ladies and Gents meet the new mandatory must equip console.
    Rep weapons are still Mk12? Also, space set is a beam array and a DHC? Thats an unusual combination.
    I think that the space set has an option for either or, which is something we requested ages ago because people have builds with Dual heavy Cannons, but the sets only had Beam Arrays (See the Romulan Weapon set). If you get either it will complete the set.

So thanks Cryptic.
    acg3269 wrote: »
    Console - Universal – Bio-Neural Gel Pack - Anyone else having an issue with this?

I thought these were standard for the computers on every Starfleet vessel for the past 30 years.
    Also, lets go give away our best computer tech to other factions just because... So much for that edge.
    You would be wrong. It's the last 40 years. The Intrepid, the Sovereign, the Prometheus, the Luna class at LEAST.

It is a terribly odd console.

If they were doing like so many of want and creating a computer core equipment category then having a Bio-neural Core would make sense, along with isolinear, Isolinear-Bio-neural, multitronic, and duotronic for the throwback ships like the Constitution original, Constellation, and the T'Liss, then it would be one thing.

But as a special upgrade? That makes no sense. Now in my head canon we would be starting to use holographic processor computer cores. Or High Cochrane Subspace Field processors. Just call it an advanced Bio Neural gel pack but not just a normal gel pack console.

But it is the same as needing a console for saucer separation and Multi Vector Assault Mode I suppose.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    another grind so soon :( , just what we don't need . I know they need to make money before the flames start ;) , but could they not come up with something more fun ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • ragnar0xragnar0x Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Why do we grind rep to mk12 and not mk14...because of money. If you want to upgrade mk12 to mk14 you need to pay zen (just look at our T5 ships upgrade part)

So 1 weapon from mk12 to mk14= need reagent for upgrade=Zen shop sells upgrade reagents...1 for 100 zen, 10 for 1000. (like lock box keys)

GG Cryptic if this is true.
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Dear, sweet, MOTHER OF GOD!

STOP with the 4pc set bonuses! 3pc max! Or multiple 2pc sets! NO MORE 4pc!

I'm not giving up my existing core, which I slaved like a madman to unlock, then paid ungodly amounts of dil and fleet marks for. Not only was the price worth it, but it keeps me safer and gives me more damage output than your dinky core with a transwarp point -- which, btw, there BETTER be a way to unlock other than using this core -- and if I'm NOT going to use your dinky core (which I'm not) I have little to no incentive to use any of the rest of the space set. I'm not going to benefit from the bonuses, so why should I bother?

Tell me that, cryptic. Why should I bother?
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ragnar0x wrote: »
    Why do we grind rep to mk12 and not mk14...because of money. If you want to upgrade mk12 to mk14 you need to pay zen (just look at our T5 ships upgrade part)

So 1 weapon from mk12 to mk14= need reagent for upgrade=Zen shop sells upgrade reagents...1 for 100 zen, 10 for 1000. (like lock box keys)

GG Cryptic if this is true.

That would be monetization in the extreme.

I'm guessing that it would be for dilithium instead. Upgrading every item with zen is a much bigger drain than with every ship.

But you could be completely right.

I think charging zen might run into diminishing returns though.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • sonoframonsonoframon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    STO: Delta Rising - Now with 87.5% more bugs!!!
    WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

IF YOU ARE READING MY SIG - THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This Deflector is designed to improve the ship’s offensive ability by providing bonuses to Starship Shield and Auxiliary Power as well as added Structural Integrity and Hull Repair.

Erm what?

Also looking at the personal shield - shield drains on the ground? What does that?!
    Secondary fire on the rifle on an exposed target = orbital strike LOL.

Increased run trait - plus boots - plus motion accelerator - we can all be like Usain Bolt :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Quick question: Why do the set pieces say "Mk XII" when the highest mark will be Mk XIV?
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • cem3212cem3212 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I am looking forward to these features. Many of them seem very appealing. I am in no hurry to treadmill another reputation system, but they have streamlined them well nowadays. Again, good news to hear about the future Delta Rising.

I do wish they'd reintroduce some of the older limited time energy weaponry as well along with previous items, but I am sure they must have a game plan.

I have not purchased that Operations pack, yet, though I am still debating. To me it just seems a bit lacking, but I am always considering it.
    edited September 2014
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Quick question: Why do the set pieces say "Mk XII" when the highest mark will be Mk XIV?

They want people to buy zen to upgrade them. Cryptic is making every aspect of the game a monetizing system. Don't have the money don't get top gear, thinking.
  • morden613morden613 Member Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    grindgrindgrindgrind. STO the unending grindfest. And this is supposed to be fun how?
    It's a bit much adding another reputation system when we have several already.
  • supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    When targeting an Exposed enemy, the secondary fire mode automatically changes to a Tactical Orbital Strike causing considerable damage to the target after a short charge-up period.

Nerd boner
    edited September 2014
    You dont have to use zen to upgrade items, only diltihum, which is laughably easy to get.

Some players find it difficult to get dilithium. To outfit a whole ship I'm thinking the ballpark figure would be 60,000 to 100,000 dilithium
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I, too, wonder why the new Rep peaks out at Mk XII, when Mk XIV is the new hotness.

:confused: :rolleyes:

Could we please get a Dev in here to comment on the thinking/intentions that went into this design?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.