Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (September 11th, 2014) [Complete!]

2»

Comments

• Options
    prayosticprayostic Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Does this mean they'll extend the CE event? Seeing as how it was supposed to run until 10am PDT today, but in actuallity by bringing the servers down, it ended at 7am PDT.
  • Options
    xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    prayostic wrote: »
    Does this mean they'll extend the CE event? Seeing as how it was supposed to run until 10am PDT today, but in actuallity by bringing the servers down, it ended at 7am PDT.

No, highly unlikely they will. Maintenance is scheduled to be done on any given day they need to and we've had days to collect shards already, a few hours more or less shouldn't make much difference imo.
  • Options
    prayosticprayostic Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    xtern1ty wrote: »
    No, highly unlikely they will. Maintenance is scheduled to be done on any given day they need to and we've had days to collect shards already, a few hours more or less shouldn't make much difference imo.

A few more hours makes ALL the difference. I need 1 more shard, and my timer wasn't up until 9am PDT. I would have been able to complete the event. Now, I have to wait until next time. I don't always play this game, so I wasn't able to get in on it from the very beginning like others. Just bad form to put in an event with an end date/time, and then take your game down hours before it ends, and work through the end of the event.
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ba' al I have discovered your love child!

http://imgur.com/9LS4huz

..Hes got your eyes...
  • Options
    hunterkiller64hunterkiller64 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Another short play on the nature of forums:
    "Why we can't give the Server Hamsters a break", by worffan101. Directed by Online Stupidity, Copious Forum Rage, and Human Nature.

Scene: A maintenance thread on the STO forums.

Trendy: Hey, everyone, we're bringing the servers down tomorrow for a patch. Notes here (link).
    -
    -
    -

*thread is closed because maintenance is done*

sounds about right
    hail Bastet :P
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Resolved an issue which was causing FX coming from player’s ship to drop out when too much activity was occurring on screen.

If it's what I think is, and it's true, that will be awesome! Just gotta see my weps fire! :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Loudout system is *still* broken: half the time it works, half the time you're missing major parts of your tray.

Not sure how many times I need to say it, so I'll just keep bringing it up each time the Known Issues are posted.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    If it's what I think is, and it's true, that will be awesome! Just gotta see my weps fire! :)

Yeah, I was having the same issue with my plasma cannons. I could see them initially fire, but they almost immediately faded out. Also noticed this with beams at times.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    A few more hours makes ALL the difference. I need 1 more shard, and my timer wasn't up until 9am PDT. I would have been able to complete the event. Now, I have to wait until next time. I don't always play this game, so I wasn't able to get in on it from the very beginning like others. Just bad form to put in an event with an end date/time, and then take your game down hours before it ends, and work through the end of the event.

This is the way it's always been with regard to Events and Scheduled Maintenance.

Events tend to end on a maintenance day at the same time, every time. Scheduled Maintenance tends to start at the same time, every time. Events are not extended because of Scheduled Maintenance. Why Cryptic chooses to schedule these thing this way, I have no idea, but it's not new and most people tend to plan around this. If you were unable to plan accordingly that's not their fault.

Extensions seem to be given only when there are issues on their end during the regular Event time that would affect players from completing said Event, not because players cannot find time in their personal lives to take part in any given Event.

I feel your "pain" though. I have a couple of Captains that were unable to complete this Event with only 1 Shard shy of completion, too. But you know what? It's OK. As long as you keep the project slotted, you can complete it next time the Event comes around again, and it'll only take the 1 Shard to complete and you can move on to the next project.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited September 2014

This was the one line worffan101 forgot from his play enacting the typical Maintenance thread... :)

Anyway, it will be nice to see my own beams again... Have to look at the DPS in the chatwindow to make sure my beams were still working :)

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It was either for me

a: check via chat
    b: Park, twist camera, pray nothing singletaps me
    c: Keep moving but twist camera so you can see beams
    d: build an all forward weapon ship, park, twist camera from cce; start shooting everything blind
  • Options
    cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    olivia211 wrote: »
    Yeah, I was having the same issue with my plasma cannons. I could see them initially fire, but they almost immediately faded out. Also noticed this with beams at times.

Yep, might be nice to see an actual full TS3 quantum torpedo spread instead of a full TS3 quantum ghost doughnut spread lol.
  • Options
    rjewkesrjewkes Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Longer then three hours now, did you missplace the Server Powering rodents? Or was they truly where this mornings bacon came from? ETA of new replacement SPRS'?
    signature2.jpg
    galacticguards.enjin.com/
    Formerly Jewkesman Member from Nov 2009!
  • Options
    gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    clannmac wrote: »
    Focus on making the game better by focusing on what you already HAVE, the player base you HAVE, the problems you HAVE, before introducing something new for once...

you forgot the money you HAVE.

No new content means no new "shinnies" to buy.
    If they just worked on bugs, we'd never would of had Season 2.

Don't stop new content on account of bugs in old content.
  • Options
    gavriil1983gavriil1983 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    rjewkes wrote: »
    Longer then three hours now, did you missplace the Server Powering rodents? Or was they truly where this mornings bacon came from? ETA of new replacement SPRS'?

it's 9:39 an pst. so more like 2.5 hours, not 3.
  • Options
    gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited September 2014

You knew the servers come down on Thursdays.
    You knew the event was going on.
    You've had plenty of time to get your 14 shards.
    Make more of an effort to get on to play so you can get your shards.
    Check STO's site for news, read the launcher, etc.
    It's your fault not theirs.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Maintenance is now complete! Thanks for your patience. We'll see you back in-game!
    ~LaughingTrendy
This discussion has been closed.