test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chubby Chimera - T6 please

treksavanttreksavant Member Posts: 10 Arc User
So lots of new stuff coming as Delta release nears. Can we get an update for the chubby, fat belly pig look of the Chimera? I love the look of the ship... from the top, but the bottom end is sooo ugly. I want the veteran ship to be sexy ;)

On that note, shouldn't the veteran ships be T6? These are supposed to be very significant rewards, and it seems they will fall behind on Delta release. I see they will be a free upgrade to T5-U, but these should be special!
Post edited by treksavant on

Comments

• annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,661 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    wow if only there wasn't a thread about the veteran ships being T6 already...

and just like in the other thread you should feel lucky you are getting ANY upgrade
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • rondorarondora Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    thats a little mean of an answer there, i get that a lot of people make threads like these and it gets a bit much at times but we should still try and be nice in our response or just skip the thread.

as for the op i dont think we need them made t6, i am good with t5u personally since i am not a hardcore must be the best of everything kind of player. as long as things die when i shoot them its all good.

the redesign would be nice as the bottom side of the ship is a little off to me.
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Agreed...it looks like a beer belly hanging down there. No comment on the Lego Ship either. Some angles on the Cryptic made ships nail it, but others...shudder.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I dont thing anne is being unreasonable...

There is absolutely ZERO reason to create a new thread on the exact same topic as a thread that isn't dead yet...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    A true shipyard where you could design your own ships (from existing canon parts) would be nice.
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
  • treksavanttreksavant Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2014

and just like in the other thread you should feel lucky you are getting ANY upgrade

Anne clearly wants to spank me for being bad... and I should be, I did not do a search first!

That being said, I can always count on a chuckle as people get RILED about silly things. Troll elsewhere Anne, please.

I LOVE the idea of customizable ships, that has to be on the devs radar. I want liposuction for my Chimera. Oh wait, that is probably already a thread too...
  • jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I love the look of this ship. If it was in the c store i would buy it right away. They should replace this ship with one of the new t6 ships for lifers so non lifers could buy it. Lifers should get a t6 ship of their choice. They are lifers and deserve this.
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    T6 ships are just ones with a 5th trait to unlock and possibly Hybrid seating? But I'm not sure if all t6 will have hybrids

I mean I guess they could come up with a special Trait for them, that would be exclusive to veterans of course, which might irritate some

As far as I'm aware, the Vet ships will be pretty much exactly the same bracket in abilties as a T6 with the exception of the Hybrid seating/extra boff power, If they player has earned the T6 starship trait from anohter vessel and transferred back to their vet ship of course
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jarfaru wrote: »
    I love the look of this ship. If it was in the c store i would buy it right away. They should replace this ship with one of the new t6 ships for lifers so non lifers could buy it. Lifers should get a t6 ship of their choice. They are lifers and deserve this.

Please no. Just no.

At least the Chimera, for it's beer belly, 4-nacelle & Transformer© faults, still looks like a Starfleet vessel. Not the belle of the ball, but certainly not THOSE T6 ships. /shudder

I'll pass on the trade.

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Please no. Just no.

At least the Chimera, for it's beer belly, 4-nacelle & Transformer© faults, still looks like a Starfleet vessel. Not the belle of the ball, but certainly not THOSE T6 ships. /shudder

I'll pass on the trade.
    This. I fly my Chimera all the time... I don't want some ugly T6 ships. :P
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,788 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    treksavant wrote: »
    Anne clearly wants to spank me for being bad... and I should be, I did not do a search first!

Well, I am not doing anything. I could fill in for her. I don't like people picky on my favorite chubby starship. :mad:
  • havokreignhavokreign Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Chubby ships need love too!
  • jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Please no. Just no.

I'll pass on the trade.

I thought there was one t6 fed ship that looked like one. The Guardian right?
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I agree, how much work would it really be to up one of the Vet ship's Lt. slots to Lt. Commander and dig up some trait for it? Heck, that would probably sell them a few LTS subs.
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,298 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Annie is bitter. Bless her heart.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    rondora wrote: »
    thats a little mean of an answer there, i get that a lot of people make threads like these and it gets a bit much at times but we should still try and be nice in our response or just skip the thread.

as for the op i dont think we need them made t6, i am good with t5u personally since i am not a hardcore must be the best of everything kind of player. as long as things die when i shoot them its all good.

the redesign would be nice as the bottom side of the ship is a little off to me.

if you dont like mean answers dont use the forum, im afraid the two things go hand in hand, if you started a thread that the sky was blue and grass is green you would get a mean answer about it.

i agree with this as it happens.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.