What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No anniversary gifts for Romulans?

2»

Comments

• bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    eazzie wrote: »
    Firstly these past three days have been an added bonus free gift giveaway pre anniversary.

Rmoulans have not been screwed out read the thread on the giveaway for today and that will explain that Roms allied with Feds can use the consoles on the Fed ship and vice versa on the KDF ship.

Rihannsu players got screwed because none of the released stuff is Republic or Star Empire in origin.
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • rerednawrerednaw Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I am missing something here. Isn't the Dyson ship a Romulan one with battle-cloak? I played Step Beyond a few times and upgraded my Warbird/Mogai right off the bat.

Or is this some other event I am missing? Plus the Arc Khan costume. My rommie has both ( well she's working on the ship).

I am frankly pretty happy at how far the game has come since alpha.
  • arcjetarcjet Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Because we are Romulans, not self-entitled whiney crybabies.

Ahahahaa, that was a good one!
    Wait, you were actually joking, right? Right?
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    arcjet wrote: »
    Ahahahaa, that was a good one!
    Wait, you were actually joking, right? Right?
    * whistles a jaunty tune with an innocent look *
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • madscientismadscientis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    so i was told that fed romulans can claim fed ship so if i understand the situation correctly all characters besides kdf romulans got free ship
    i do not mean to whine but that REALLY doesnt seem fair to me
    why not just make romulans able to use gifted ship from their faction of choice?
    or if thats not an option give them something else so as not to leave players with the feeling they were passed over.
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Point #1, the Fed Romulans being able to get the Tier 5 Ambassador is the end result of a mistake.

The ship was originally a reward for doing the mission "Temporal Ambassador" when it was originally launched as part of the 3rd anniversary event in early 2013. During the event, if you played that mission, you got two ship boxes. Feds got a Tier 3 Ambassador and a Tier 5 Ambassador. Klingons got a tier 3 Kiermerang and a Teir 5 one. Romulans got nothing because playable Romulans didn't exist yet. When the event ended, the Tier 5 ship reward was removed.

The Fed ship being given out today was mistaking re added without the necessary modification to it's code to block Romulans from buying it. Coding that came in with Legacy of Romulus, which was installed about 3 months after the that ship was removed as a reward. Until today, only Toons that existed during the year 3 event has access to the T5 ships. It was not an account unlock.

Point 2, you really shouldn't bring up threads that are more than a month old.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    See the above's point 2 :P

/Closed
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.