What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Am I reading this correctly?

2»

Comments

• bbushwookiebbushwookie Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    thore187 wrote: »
    There are three Ambassadors available in game; http://sto.gamepedia.com/Ambassador_class

You only got the Support Cruiser Retrofit during the 3-Year Anniversary event I believe; http://sto.gamepedia.com/Support_Cruiser_Retrofit

That's right, it was the 3 year anniversary. Cool. my main has it already, but my other two alts don't. Thanks.
    Space chatter is soothing~
  • caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The entitlement is overpowering in this thread.

People whining about free items in a F2P game.

The absolute definiton of first world problems.

Get a life.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Apparently, Romulans have become the 'basturd step-child' the Klingons once were.

Maybe the next FREEBIE Weekend will include you.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    caldannach wrote: »

Get a life.

I'd say this thread is less about entitlement. A lot of posters are more disappointed at the general lack of Romulan content when there are special events or content updates (buyable either in the C-Store or with in-game currency). Three good examples:

- The Feds and KDF get the Odyssey and Bortasqu as ZEN flagships (with free Fleet Mark variants)
    > The Romulans get the Scimitar. Admittedly a great ship by all accounts, but not a new design

- The Feds and KDF get new uniforms in the fleet tailor, and get the original standard variants for free
    > The Romulans don't have a single option in the fleet tailor

- The Feds and KDF have several different bridge options, both for free and for ZEN
    > The Romulans have one

I for one am ecstatic about the frebies, 'cause they're all great for my Fed captain. But it'd be nice if the Romulans had a little more content thrown at them as often as the Feds, or even as often as the KDF.
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Despite (or because of) Cryptic's lack of interest in providing for my Romulan Brothers and Sisters,
    I will continue to haunt the Galaxy (or at least the Alpha and Delta Quadrants) Even if it be in an antiquated Ship, with myself and my crew totally naked!

They will NOT succeed in making me bow down, they will NOT succeed in pushing me into a secondary role as the cartoon "bad guy".

I am Rihannsu and proud to stand as tall as any Federation pseudo diplomat or Klingon pirate!

Am I disappointed? Yes! The same disappointment I expressed with the Fleet/Default Uniform "upgrade" that left Romulan's with nothing.

Did I expect it? ... Sadly, yes I did ...
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • thore187thore187 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    caldannach wrote: »

Get a life.

The smug, unearned self-righteous indignation of self-appointed "thought police" attacking others with an opinion other than their own is...well...... sadly predictable.

Silly me, sitting here thinking I had a right to my own opinion.

Lesson learned.
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Content doesn't grow on trees.

The Romulans will start having stuff in due time, but it has to be made.

Just because the scimaitar is older than the others (remember your circumstances as a romulan) does not mean it's not up to par.

You don't get Fed or KDF T5 ships, Feds have tried every trick in the book to try to convince Cryptic to give them acess to cloaking devices.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Maybe its the devs' way of punishing romulans for their previous actions against the federation and Klingon empire. They're paying for they're transgressions. Then again, its possible that romulans will get more of a leg up in x2 than the other 2 factions. I'm sure it can't be easy to design stuff for each faction that's unique to it while trying to keep it all balanced.
  • mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    No, the Romulans did not get 'shafted.' They simply were unlucky - they simply didn't have enough stuff that it would be an acceptable loss of direct profit to give stuff away. Which is unfortunate, but not really anyone's fault; the playable Romulans are new-ish while Starfleet and the Klingon Defense Force have been in and progressively added-on-to since early development years ago. (And I wouldn't expect Cryptic to completely divert from their course and all of the new content they're making and suddenly work on piles of ships, costumes and whatnot for the Romulans specifically. (That would be silly. Like, sillier than S8, sillier than having to pay ZEN to upgrade fleet ships...)
  • thorkonothorkono Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Such equipment is very modern ?? bull**** can simply remove the restriction on the T5 two ships for the Romulan .... When one of the parties and after 2 .... what's the problem in all this is some idiocy of these restrictions.
  • seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    thore187 wrote: »
    Are the Roms getting shafted by the the Giveaway Event?

Day 1 - TNG Season 1: Can claim but can't equip

Day 2 - Galaxy/Raptor Bridges: Cool while leveling but useless at endgame.

Day 3 - All Good Things Uniform: Same as #1

Day 4 - T5 Fed and Klink ship: Roms can't use aligned T5's

So essentially the Roms get bubkis? Or am I somehow misinformed?

The giveaway is for undersold items, the rom fans buy everything, therefore there is no rom zen store items to give away.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Amusingly enough, Fed-Romulans can claim the Ambassador Retrofit.

Really makes me wish they had given away the Kamarag instead of the Varanus. I(and I'm sure many others) would absolutely love to fly around with a 'Romulan' D8 on my KDF-Romulan.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My Rom could claim the Ambassador.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited September 2014
    szerontzur wrote: »
    Amusingly enough, Fed-Romulans can claim the Ambassador Retrofit.

Really makes me wish they had given away the Kamarag instead of the Varanus. I(and I'm sure many others) would absolutely love to fly around with a 'Romulan' D8 on my KDF-Romulan.

yeah kinda have to agree with this one... why they didnt is anyone's guess
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, that was a neat surprise when I saw my Rom-Fed could get the Ambassador :D

As for not giving away the D7-ish KDF ship, I think it comes down to the same thing as the Ambassador. It's a little freebie for Romulans to get access to some of the higher-end ships from our allies. Maybe this is the sign of more to come?

Either way, credit where credit is due - I think that was a nice gesture from the devs. I'm plenty happy flying around in my Ambassador for now!
  • caediciuscaedicius Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Fair enough and I understand that well - but why it is different for the KDF-Rom (at least I could not claim tho ships Klingon-players could claim). Not that this was a problem for me, since I do not want another ship, but there may be other players who - with good cause - say that is a little bit unfair.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited September 2014
    I was more just surprised they didnt use the Kamarag.. I mean its the KDF reward for the temporal ambassador mission... so why not give that away instead of the Z-store Varanus? Odd choice for real... My only guess is because the KDF got **** this time around they thought they'd give away the "more valuable" Varanus
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    chipg7 wrote: »
    Yeah, that was a neat surprise when I saw my Rom-Fed could get the Ambassador :D

Yeah, I gave it a green paint job and loaded up with cheap gear from the Exchange (spent no more 300k ECs in total; probably even less than that) or scavenged bound gear sitting in various inventories just for this purpose. Seems to perform fairly decently with just Mk X weapons.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Seeing as how the giveaway is now over, I think we can close this thread. Those who claimed it, claimed it, whether or not their Romulan can actually use it. There is still an existing thread open for giveaway feedback, so feel free to post there if you would like.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1206861
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
This discussion has been closed.