test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Am I reading this correctly?

thore187thore187 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Romulan Discussion
Are the Roms getting shafted by the the Giveaway Event?

Day 1 - TNG Season 1: Can claim but can't equip

Day 2 - Galaxy/Raptor Bridges: Cool while leveling but useless at endgame.

Day 3 - All Good Things Uniform: Same as #1

Day 4 - T5 Fed and Klink ship: Roms can't use aligned T5's

So essentially the Roms get bubkis? Or am I somehow misinformed?
Post edited by thore187 on

Comments

• Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Are u really shocked by this?
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    wilbor2 wrote: »
    Are u really shocked by this?

Touche. :(
  • Options
    variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    thore187 wrote: »

I don't understand that statement. How are they useless at end-game?

NM....useless to a Romulan. I get it.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    variant37 wrote: »
    I don't understand that statement. How are they useless at end-game?

As I said, I may be misinformed. But I was under the impression that you can only equip them on Fed and Klink ships respectively, and you can't use Fed or Klink T5's at endgame.

Wrong?
  • Options
    variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    As I said, I may be misinformed. But I was under the impression that you can only equip them on Fed and Klink ships respectively, and you can't use Fed or Klink T5's at endgame.

Wrong?

Nope, you're right. I misunderstood your post and corrected my own response. So yes, the Romulans do get shafted here. They got shafted the last time there were free giveaways too, so this time should be an unhappy non-surprise.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    variant37 wrote: »
    Nope, you're right. I misunderstood your post and corrected my own response. So yes, the Romulans do get shafted here. They got shafted the last time there were free giveaways too, so this time should be an unhappy non-surprise.

Yeah, I didn't really think about it then because I was so Fed focused. But now, my Rom Tac is slowly becoming my Main and I'm not gonna lie - I'm a little miffed about this.
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Touche. :(

Im been truthful thats all based on past giveaways.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    eealexeealex Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    We are romulans, we fought for independence, got haunted by the Elachi, been messed and still fighting the machinations of the Tal Shiar and still maintaing a coalition with Federation and The Klingon Empire, as well as a activity which vitalises the usage of the Dyson Sphere.
    Yet the world we live in, no matter how performant we are, keeps on punishing us, with or without reason.
    We cannot offer to our captains some decent upgradeable ships unless they do severe purchases which some cannot afford, so we re practically being left behind on purpose in this technological process.
    But the tip of the iceberg, as Federation humans used to say is the Giveaway. The Federation, which is a mark of the galaxy receives uniforms and a canonic ship and a canonic bridge model. The Klingon Empire receives a sturdy ship.
    We receive practically nothing.

I propose that you help us stay canon all the way and do the romulan giveaway too. Give us TNG uniforms as well, since our fathers worn those, it is fair that we can do too.
    And give us a proper ship to meet the canon needs. A R'mor or a Valdore or a Dhael would prove a very useful gift. Or give us some of those Remans saved from the borgs. We could use a powerful hand in defending against the incoming Tholians.

These being said, Jolan Tru, Perfect World and Cryptic.

Aalix, Romulan Vice Admiral.

May all the romulans who believe in my cause to join and populate this message until it reaches its destination, one way or another.
  • Options
    corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Wrong?

Why exactly would you NOT be able to use T5 ships/gear at end game? Or are you one of those that believe if it's not THE BEST available, that it's useless?
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    wilbor2 wrote: »
    Im been truthful thats all based on past giveaways.

You know, I am usually the one defending Cryptic (here and elsewhere) because I enjoy the game immensely and I sometimes think they get a raw deal from the players. But I'm beginning to see why part of the community feels the way it does.

Cryptic........I am disappoint.
  • Options
    greendragon527greendragon527 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    True, last time Roms were so new I didn't think it was warranted. Now we deserve at least one item. Problem is there are too few things to give away without giving away a significant percentage of the Rom store, so that's got be fixed first.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    eealex wrote: »
    We are romulans, we fought for independence, got haunted by the Elachi, been messed and still fighting the machinations of the Tal Shiar and still maintaing a coalition with Federation and The Klingon Empire, as well as a activity which vitalises the usage of the Dyson Sphere.
    Yet the world we live in, no matter how performant we are, keeps on punishing us, with or without reason.
    We cannot offer to our captains some decent upgradeable ships unless they do severe purchases which some cannot afford, so we re practically being left behind on purpose in this technological process.
    But the tip of the iceberg, as Federation humans used to say is the Giveaway. The Federation, which is a mark of the galaxy receives uniforms and a canonic ship and a canonic bridge model. The Klingon Empire receives a sturdy ship.

I propose that you help us stay canon all the way and do the romulan giveaway too. Give us TNG uniforms as well, since our fathers worn those, it is fair that we can do too.
    And give us a proper ship to meet the canon needs. A R'mor or a Valdore or a Dhael would prove a very useful gift. Or give us some of those Remans saved from the borgs. We could use a powerful hand in defending against the incoming Tholians.

May all the romulans who believe in my cause to join and populate this message until it reaches its destination, one way or another.

Preach my Romulan brother.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thread merge.

Also, I can't remember whether Romulan players don't have access to any T5 of the allied faction, or just the VA/LG ships.

The ships being offered aren't VA/LG, so maybe?

This is being discussed in the main news thread already, so I'm not sure we need another thread open about it. I'll leave it be for now.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Thread merge.

Also, I can't remember whether Romulan players don't have access to any T5 of the allied faction, or just the VA/LG ships.

This is being discussed in the main news thread already, so I'm not sure we need another thread open about it. I'll leave it be for now.

For the record, Bluegeek, Roms only have access to allied faction ships up through T4.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Thread merge.

Yeah, I started this thread before the others (I think) and thought this would be the appropriate place. But it would probably be best to get everyone in the same place.

Up 2 u though.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    corelogik wrote: »
    Why exactly would you NOT be able to use T5 ships/gear at end game? Or are you one of those that believe if it's not THE BEST available, that it's useless?

I am most certainly not. It is not a matter of choice, Roms cannot fly aligned T5s, period. Meaning we can't even requisition them, let alone use them.
  • Options
    alyciatalalyciatal Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    eealex wrote: »

Great post, brother.
    Let us be canon, we are here to enforce the new direction you give to the universe we love!

Tal'exa Rahen'vil, Romulan Vice Admiral.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited August 2014
    Are the Roms getting shafted by the the Giveaway Event?

Day 1 - TNG Season 1: Can claim but can't equip

Day 3 - All Good Things Uniform: Same as #1

Day 4 - T5 Fed and Klink ship: Roms can't use aligned T5's

So essentially the Roms get bubkis? Or am I somehow misinformed?

Im mildly surprised they remembered the KDF with this give away its so fed oriented... Was mildly hoping we'd get the TOS uniform or something this time.

Still cant ***** about free **** man
  • Options
    adamofnodadamofnod Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hey... Last time they did this, we got a Free Horta. Isn't that enough to satisfy you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dsarisdsaris Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    adamofnod wrote: »
    Hey... Last time they did this, we got a Free Horta. Isn't that enough to satisfy you?

Hey! Those Horta are actually pretty nice. Equip them on your BoFFs, they'll be put to use. I would use the blue one though... the yellow one is too squishy, only survives a few seconds.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Still cant ***** about free **** man

You must be new here, the game is F2P and people complain all the time. I have as much of a right to voice my grievances as any other.

Just to set the record straight - I'm happy and thankful that Cryptic would even do something like this, and I'll def grab the AGTs uni for my Fed (if only for the combadge), but I think its more than just a little messed up that the Roms (swiftly becoming my fav faction - that I plan to invest a lot more time and money into) is for all intents and purposes left out.
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm sick and tired of these factional complaints

Fact if players have been given something for free, I don't care, and I suspect neither does cryptic, which faction you choose to favor, they have given everybody Free access to some stuff.

There is no favoritism, there is no exclusion of any players, You've not been denied anything
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    adverbero wrote: »
    I'm sick and tired of these factional complaints

Fact if players have been given something for free, I don't care, and I suspect neither does cryptic, which faction you choose to favor, they have given everybody Free access to some stuff.

There is no favoritism, there is no exclusion of any players, You've not been denied anything

And I"M sick and tired of all the "its free so stop complaining -_-" posts. THE ENTIRE GAME IS FREE, so by your logic any complaint about anything other than c-store purchases would be invalid.

The only thing invalid is this line of defense.
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    No Complaints about "I didn't get the freebie I wanted" are Invalid

Generousity is rare, Its frankly one of the most self intitled and irritating things for people to do to complain about a free give away because it wasn't quite what you wanted from it
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think it would've been nice if there were some Romulan-centred content being given away. But that said, there isn't much Romulan content in the C-Store to begin with, and the giveaway isn't based on new stuff.

The uniforms and bridge are the only pieces useful to us, though that's limited to those of us that are Fed-allied.

That said, I have to caveat my whole post - credit where credit is due: thank you devs for the free stuff!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    chipg7 wrote: »
    I think it would've been nice if there were some Romulan-centred content being given away. But that said, there isn't much Romulan content in the C-Store to begin with, and the giveaway isn't based on new stuff.

The uniforms and bridge are the only pieces useful to us, though that's limited to those of us that are Fed-allied.

That said, I have to caveat my whole post - credit where credit is due: thank you devs for the free stuff!

FYI, the uniforms are not useful to us. We cannot equip them. But other than that I agree with you for the most part. A very cool thing to do on Cryptic's part, just wish they had thrown us Roms a bone is all.

I'm not (e)ntitled, I'm disappointed. The only entitlement I feel is for my right to voice said disappointment.

Others may disagree.
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have a few Starfleet exchange officers on my crew, so I have no problem with the free uniforms.

But yeah, if you're running an all-Republic crew, you make a fair point them not being useful.
  • Options
    bbushwookiebbushwookie Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I was surprised there was no Romulan stuff myself.

Is the ship we are getting the same one we got from the mission Temporal Ambassador? Seems kind of weird to give us a ship we get in the first mission arc if it is.
    Space chatter is soothing~
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    chipg7 wrote: »
    I have a few Starfleet exchange officers on my crew, so I have no problem with the free uniforms.

But yeah, if you're running an all-Republic crew, you make a fair point them not being useful.

Yeah, I'm stacked with SRO Roms for obvious reasons. Glad you'll be able to enjoy them though.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I was surprised there was no Romulan stuff myself.

Is the ship we are getting the same one we got from the mission Temporal Ambassador? Seems kind of weird to give us a ship we get in the first mission arc if it is.

There are three Ambassadors available in game; http://sto.gamepedia.com/Ambassador_class

You only got the Support Cruiser Retrofit during the 3-Year Anniversary event I believe; http://sto.gamepedia.com/Support_Cruiser_Retrofit
This discussion has been closed.