test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lifetime Subscribers revolt!

modesto118modesto118 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Fellow lifetime and regular gold subscribers, with the disclosure of the new forthcoming content, I am sure many of you, feel more than a little...ripped off.

Join me here telling cryptic/PWE as such. With each new content release our subscriptions and money paid are devalued. What would you like? For me it'd be:

Increased Monthly Stipend to 1000 zen.

Free T5U ship upgrades.

Free T6 ship.

One off gift of x 3 ship modules.

Reasonable? Unreasonable? What would you like to see in return for the money you have shelled out? Vent you thoughts, rage and spleen here!
Post edited by modesto118 on

Comments

• rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    modesto118 wrote: »

Reasonable? Unreasonable? What would you like to see in return for the money you have shelled out?

Um....the stuff that was on the label of the box when i bought it?

Which I got.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ripped off by what? Cryptic has already stated you do not need a T5U or T6 ship to do the new Content. You can do it just fine in your existing ship. You only need to buy a T6 ship or Upgrade a T5 if you wish to. Beyond that, Cryptic gives you 6,000 Zen a year to do whatever you want with - which includes buying T6 or upgrading T5s.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Each time previously where LTS/Gold rewards have been altered due to a release they don't announce them beforehand until they are done. I would not presume to think they haven't already got some plan especially as they have already given the 1000 day ship an inclusion on the free upgrade list.

No revolt here just yet, sorry :(

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The original poster does not represent the lifetime subscriber community's views..please ignore said person..
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Why would I be angry?

My Zen stipend is worth 'SO' much more Dil now that Cryptic broke the economy totally :)

Also - if they do decide that a T5-U upgrade does indeed cost 500Zen (like a fleet ship module) then thats fine - you can upgrade one a month for free...

Did you whine and moan as a LTS when the Fleet ships/T5.5 came out? They cost a-lot more in terms of both fleet progression, provisions and FSMs...

Finally. If you are LTS youe 1000 day ship gets a free upgrade.

So no. I am angry about T6/T5-U. But I am angry for different reasons that I have already stated in multiple other threads. Being a LTS myself I dont feel entitles to all the 'free' stuff you have suggested.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • modesto118modesto118 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Um....the stuff that was on the label of the box when i bought it?

Which I got.

Like the lifetime subscription to a PAID FOR game like I did? Not the free to play game we have now with massive amounts of paid for content?? No, they moved the goal posts on me, am owed.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Cryptic has already stated you do not need a T5U or T6 ship to do the new Content.

This is the same Cryptic that has said the new content will be much more challenging.

More contradictory variables seem to be in play every step of the way with this expansion. So I can understand why some people can and do feel ripped off.

I would suggest you consider the OP doesn't play the game the way you do and has different goals and values than you do. It may help open up some understanding, if not some sympathy for their point of view.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    Like the lifetime subscription to a PAID FOR game like I did? Not the free to play game we have now with massive amounts of paid for content?? No, they moved the goal posts on me, am owed.
    You should have been reading the EULA you agreed to when you entered your Key Code to start playing the game instead of the box. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2014

You paid for unlimited access to a game with free stuff, bucko.
    They don't owe you anything.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I wish they had a new thing.
    Like a delta rising pack that would give another 500 zen a month with some other perks.

With the lifetimer thing, man I bought that almost 5 years ago and I have 30 k worth of zen that I am never ever going to use.
    Everything in the lifetimer pack is obsolete.

We need a new pack to buy!!!!!!!

And yes I bought the romulan pack and didn't use any of it.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    chalpen wrote: »
    I have 30 k worth of zen that I am never ever going to use.

*cue Sarah Machlaclananananan music*

These, these are the abandoned lock boxes.

These sad, sad cubes are never going to be opened, never going to fulfil the purpose of their geometric lives.

But you, you can make a difference.

Just ten keys as often as you can afford it will let these boxes be opened and fulfil their destines.....

You know the address ;)
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Fellow lifetime and regular gold subscribers, with the disclosure of the new forthcoming content, I am sure many of you, feel more than a little...ripped off.

Join me here telling cryptic/PWE as such. With each new content release our subscriptions and money paid are devalued. What would you like? For me it'd be:

Free T5U ship upgrades.

Free T6 ship.

Reasonable? Unreasonable? What would you like to see in return for the money you have shelled out? Vent you thoughts, rage and spleen here!
    It is quite clear that you don't represent myself and several others who have made comments in this thread... I am not upset over this upgrade process, and I don't mind having to pay to upgrade ships... and I certainly don't feel "ripped off" or "cheated" in any way.

Answering the bolded part: the last word you were seeking is "nothing."
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • modesto118modesto118 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    You should have been reading the EULA you agreed to when you entered your Key Code to start playing the game instead of the box. :)

Did it say they may at anytime change the entire payment model and structure of the game and make the game free to play making your subscription, which you have paid good money for in good faith, pretty much worthless? I think not. Ripped off.
    edited August 2014
    This is the same Cryptic that has said the new content will be much more challenging.
    And as I said the last time someone - possibly even you - used the "challenging" line on me, challenging does not mean requiring more DPS or special abilities to achieve success. Challenging could me requires more teammates, or riddle/problem solving, etc.
    edited August 2014
    Did it say they may at anytime change the entire payment model and structure of the game and make the game free to play making your subscription, which you have paid good money for in good faith, pretty much worthless? I think not. Ripped off.
    Yes, it does. It says they can change the game in any way for any reason at any time. And you agree to that by checking the box next to the EULA statement before it allows you to create an account and play the game.
  • corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Free T5U ship upgrades.

Free T6 ship.

ROFL, LMAO. Damn, the self-entitlement never ends around here I swear,...
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Free T5U ship upgrades.

Free T6 ship.

I purchased the LTS before launch, I have been having a free ride ever since, all those things you list would be lovely, only an idiot would say no to them....... but no I would not demand them, I would not feel entitled to them... and just because I have an LTS I do not expect any special treatment over F2P'ers........
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Nope, I'm fine. Thanks for your concern.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
    edited August 2014
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Oh sure I need a b rand new more capable ship for solving a puzzle.

Serious, this is Cryptic we are talking about, there is only one thing they do ... more DPS, more DPS and more DPS.
    Not everyone cares about DPS.. just so you know...
  • cryptiecopcryptiecop Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Sigh...here we go...

I (along with many others) purchased a LTS prior to head start and the game launch...with that being said, my LTS paid for the first 18 months of the game and then some...

I have gotten more than my fair share of free play time, free zen, free respecs, free items offered by CS/PW, free Lobi from Atari surveys ( way back in the day), etc...again, I feel nothing is owed to me as a LTS...

I've even bought a few ships, the Romulan pack, and costumes on the side...no one bent my arm to do it either...I've spent money as I've seen fit to do so, at my own choice and expense, and without going over board like so many others...

All this "gimme gimme I'm owed everything"complaining is getting really boring now...we are not owed anything and should just be grateful we were allowed to even buy a LTS for this game...

LTS Devalued now?...hardly...
    cmbanner2015.jpg
    edited August 2014
    If you dont mind about DPS please continue to fly around in your T1 ship them.
    Right... you automatically think that, don't you? Continue to think that.. doesn't faze me one bit.
    edited August 2014
    If you dont mind about DPS please continue to fly around in your T1 ship them.

Stupid comment, just because some people don't really care about DPS does not mean they fly around in T1 ships....... we have T2 ships too! :P
    edited August 2014
    Right... you automatically think that, don't you? Continue to think that.. doesn't faze me one bit.
    Do not be hard on him. He is a Binar, and as such only has a 1 or 0 choice. :)
    edited August 2014
    Stupid comment, just because some people don't really care about DPS does not mean they fly around in T1 ships....... we have T2 ships too! :P
    Plus, all the ships I have are tier 5. I just don't focus on getting the best of the best of the best DPS, as that isn't how I play this game or any other game for that matter. DPS isn't the measure I use to determine my enjoyment. I'm not a remora who blindly latches onto the DPS shark.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Lifetime Subscribers revolt!
    No, I think I'll do the complete opposite.
    edited August 2014
    I just need to look at the history of the company, tell me when "simon says" puzzles are hard and require team work, the closest thing to that is on Infected Ground.

Also doesnt answer how I would need a T6 ship for "teamwork" and "puzzle solving".
    Puzzles were just one example - but the only one you cared to jump on. Content which requires 5 people do to something at the same time is more challenging then just pew-pew, right? Content that requires 12-man teams is more challenging, right? More challenging does not have to mean "only by using your new special T6 ability that no one else has."
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Actually my DOFFing toons do actually tend to run around in the T1 Connie. Sometimes we need zero dps at all and seeing a transwarp 29 Connie is nice.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
    edited August 2014
    Plus, all the ships I have are tier 5. I just don't focus on getting the best of the best of the best DPS, as that isn't how I play this game or any other game for that matter. DPS isn't the measure I use to determine my enjoyment. I'm not a remora who blindly latches onto the DPS shark.

I completely agree, I think a potato could do more DPS than me, if/when I play this game I play it for my enjoyment... I personally don't even care about upgrading my T5's... if I had to pay for the upgrades I wouldn't but as luck has it, a few of my ships fall in to the free upgrades category ... I have not even done all the rep grinds because I find doing the same thing over and over boring.... like a job. :D
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Free T5U ship upgrades.

Free T6 ship.

count yourself lucky in one respect, if you put an or else type of comment on the end of that it would of been shut instantly due to fct.

apart from that as an lts you do not speak for me and im happy where i am, just watching this all unfold.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I feel like this thread has turned into a pretty happy place; an oasis in the flames of the forums.

Shall we all join hands?
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
This discussion has been closed.