test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (August 28, 2014) [Complete!]

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, August 28th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for our weekly scheduled maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2.5 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So you've decited to keep ignoring the obvious duty officer and R&D assignment completion lag issue that's been going on for several weeks now?

Typical.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    "Xindi Lock Box: All Xindi Experimental Kits are now properly flagged as Bind-to-Account-on-Equip, instead of having no binding rules."

Umm, so why is this? with few exceptions no kits bind to characters or accounts... confused now...

Also, still no news on the new ship being released tomorrow? isn't that something that should have been in the patch notes?
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    So you've decited to keep ignoring the obvious duty officer and R&D assignment completion lag issue that's been going on for several weeks now?

Typical.

Indeed, getting sick of this one as well.
  • trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Typical.

Probably because it's 'working as intended'... sadly :(
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited August 2014

DoFF completion! BUG or WAI?

Dammit I'm running out of willpower with you guys, there are so many issues covered in these forums that you seem to be just ignoring.

Surely you can't keep this up, please, please address some of the points raised throughout the forums. If you don't want to address issues here, why not try reddit/twitter/facebook/somewhere? - Anywhere?

:(
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, when things that are fairly well known to the PLAYERS, aren't listed in the "Known Issues" of the patch notes, it's a pretty fair indication, that Cryptic doesn't care about "fixing" the problem. To them, it's a feature.

Which is also why I stopped doing any DOFF or R&D assignments. Not gonna go through the hassle of having 20+ assignments waiting to be completed for several minutes, every time I log in, when my main activity for the past year or so has been DOFFs.
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So this bonus XP event is going to last an entire month?

sweet...
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Typical.

well, they had a problem and that was their solution.
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    orion0029 wrote: »
    "Xindi Lock Box: All Xindi Experimental Kits are now properly flagged as Bind-to-Account-on-Equip, instead of having no binding rules."

Umm, so why is this? with few exceptions no kits bind to characters or accounts... confused now...

AFAIK all green quality or higher items have always been bind-on-equip.
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited August 2014

As mentioned already - Working As Intended.

Neverwinter has the EXACT same thing going on (although you can only have up to 9 things being 'crafted' at a time) as far as the delay goes.

It's a bug fix. And this is their solution.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    AFAIK all green quality or higher items have always been bind-on-equip.

While this is true for normal gear, Kits have always been the exception, even the old MK X Kits (the now obsolete ones didn't bind on equip) so this change doesn't make much sense...
  • nikolunusnikolunus Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Could we get an estimated time for news release on the ship that will be released tomorrow? Curiosity is maddening.
    Space is vast, it's wonderful and maddening. Yet in that madness is some of the greatest beauty I have ever seen.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Not much in the patch notes, but that's OK, it's good to know that the devs are at least aware of the major issues.

Although the doff thing is getting SERIOUSLY annoying.
  • clannmacclannmac Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So...that's 3-1/2 hours is it? No fix for the mail? No DOff system fixes? No fix on the time it takes to "finish" a finished R&D project (that was supposed to be fixed, what, two patches ago?)

Seriously, hire at least one more hamster...
    366400.jpg

Fleet Commander
    Caprica's Revenge
    (...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
  • alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Why you are "fixing" these vendor trash kits instead of fixing bugs and annoyances?
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Not much in the patch notes, but that's OK, it's good to know that the devs are at least aware of the major issues.

Although the doff thing is getting SERIOUSLY annoying.

One thing is to be aware of the issues, one completely different thing is to do nothing about em.. lol. The devs are aware of all the issues since ages ago. Everybody knows that.

About the doff issue, i cant believe they are going to keep it that way. So, they definitely decided to keep players experimenting annoying issues over and over again that they dont want to. I really feel like, customers are never right, and this product is only made for cryptic, not the customers. Keep it going, cryptic, because your player base at the end of the year will be far smaller than now. I cant believe there are people out there that still charge zen to give this company more reasons to do nothing. Unbelievable xD. They also decided to abandon fixing the loadout bug, they skill try issues, the taylor problems, gameplay problems, and so on. I can say for sure that this year is the last year of STO for me, because i see things not going to change, so i will definitely will find another game, that will be far better than STO and the next year bb STO. If after X2 this game survives, i dont care, beause with a company like this, this game will never be better. The opposite.
  • darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    nikolunus wrote: »
    Could we get an estimated time for news release on the ship that will be released tomorrow? Curiosity is maddening.
    Do you really think it will be a ship that's worth having? For free? LMAO, likely it will be a fighter or a shuttle. And if it is a full size ship it's likely to be tier 3-4 and worthless to any lvl 50 player.
    But, Dev blog says it starts tomorrow (Friday) and it also says "Each day around 10am PDT".
  • williamjanewaywilliamjaneway Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The ship today wont be a free give away - that starts tomorrow and may not be ships. This will be a new C-Store ship.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Maintenance has begun. I will post again in approximately 2.5 hours when maintenance has completed.

~LaughingTrendy
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited August 2014
    Maintenance has begun. I will post again in approximately 2.5 hours when maintenance has completed.

~LaughingTrendy

Ya know, racing to get your crystal shard 20 minutes before the server goes down... felt like Picard, when he was racing against the baryon sweep on the deactivated Enterprise. :D

Can't wait to see the new shiny ship! Tell them to hurry! :)
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • durenasdurenas Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mhall85 wrote: »
    Ya know, racing to get your crystal shard 20 minutes before the server goes down... felt like Picard, when he was racing against the baryon sweep on the deactivated Enterprise. :D

Can't wait to see the new shiny ship! Tell them to hurry! :)

Last shard gotten 5 minutes before maintenance. :P

edit: or that time when Beverly Crusher was stuck in the mini-universe that was shrinking.
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    nikolunus wrote: »

Cryptic generally releases New Things around 10am server time (PST), give or take an hour or so.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    damn, didn't catch the time lol.

bf4, here i come :D... laters :).
  • rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    druhin wrote: »
    doesn't care about "fixing" the problem. To them, it's a feature.

The ugly little secret about software development/project management

Can we also get the manual doff selection to default to 'unselected' rather than 'all selected'? That should be an extremely simple fix.

Please, the doff UI is not user friendly.
  • jaguaro70jaguaro70 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Trendy and Smirk, I was hoping for some information on the New ship release coming to the C-Store today. Where are the STATs for it and what ship is it. At least give us that.
  • cruzistcruzist Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    darpink wrote: »
    Do you really think it will be a ship that's worth having? For free? LMAO, likely it will be a fighter or a shuttle. And if it is a full size ship it's likely to be tier 3-4 and worthless to any lvl 50 player.
    But, Dev blog says it starts tomorrow (Friday) and it also says "Each day around 10am PDT".

Hmm, apparently I interpreted the dev blog differently. I read it as there is a new ship being made available, not necessarily for free, and that there will be items to be had for free, not necessarily ships.
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    C'Mon people.....The new ship WON'T BE FREE....the free stuff giveaway won't start till Friday. Dunno how many people think that they are going to get a free ship. You'll have to pay for it AGAIN to get it upgraded....It's not like Cryptic ever listens to the players anyway.
    latest?cb=20141230104800&path-prefix=en
  • darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    cruzist wrote: »
    Hmm, apparently I interpreted the dev blog differently. I read it as there is a new ship being made available, not necessarily for free, and that there will be items to be had for free, not necessarily ships.
    Possible that I'm not reading it correctly either. I just remember the last Zen Store giveaway, some of the items were useful and kinda nice to get for free but the ships they gave away were useless to any lvl 50 player that already had a decently set up and tier 5 ship. :)
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rekurzion wrote: »

Please, the doff UI is not user friendly.

huh? of course its not. It is working as intended..
  • jaguaro70jaguaro70 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dragnridr wrote: »
    C'Mon people.....The new ship WON'T BE FREE....the free stuff giveaway won't start till Friday. Dunno how many people think that they are going to get a free ship. You'll have to pay for it AGAIN to get it upgraded....It's not like Cryptic ever listens to the players anyway.

I certainly didn't think it was free. I just wish they would have released the stats on it before the maintenance today. Would have also like to have known what ship it is. Oh well. guess we'll see in about an hour and 45 minutes when the servers come back up.
This discussion has been closed.