test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO still lacking

summerrenobaumsummerrenobaum Member Posts: 28 Arc User
This isn't a "bug report" so don't move it there,..

It really drives me crazy that not a single person can open the damn texture up and switch the format of the windows on the Galaxy Dred when it separates. it's obviously just a transparency issues, but it's been years now and no one seems to give a TRIBBLE enough to fix it. This is the flag ship for most of us growing up, the "Enterprise D" Deserves a bit more respect then to constantly be ignored.

I don't want excuses or another lame add on, how about fixing what you already fouled up first!
Post edited by summerrenobaum on

Comments

• policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The problem is, they cant do anything about it because the Galaxy is not the only ship with texture / missplaced parts / wrong movement problems. There are A LOT of ships with these problems, and fix em will take a lot of work and invested time. So, if i were you i will try to live with it.. just saying...
  • stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    **hops into his Mirror Ki'Tang that has wings in permanent combat mode and does donuts in the Qonos parking lot**
  • summerrenobaumsummerrenobaum Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Even if they fixed one a week based on a poll, that would be nice.
  • captainzheicaptainzhei Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Even if they fixed one a week based on a poll, that would be nice.

You didn't listen to the first reply to this thread, man.
    The problem is, they cant do anything about it because the Galaxy is not the only ship with texture / missplaced parts / wrong movement problems. There are A LOT of ships with these problems, and fix em will take a lot of work and invested time. So, if i were you i will try to live with it.. just saying...

That means it is not an exclusive problem and extends not to just how this one ship operates, but possibly how many ships under the same descriptive umbrella seem to work (for example, any ship that has a piece that comes off as part of game mechanics).
    ==========================================
    Captaincy, Excelsior-Class U.S.S. Bianca Beauchamp NCC-99947-F

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    You didn't listen to the first reply to this thread, man.

That means it is not an exclusive problem and extends not to just how this one ship operates, but possibly how many ships under the same descriptive umbrella seem to work (for example, any ship that has a piece that comes off as part of game mechanics).

I'm not a MAN,... you boy! I'm a girl get that right! Secondly I've made games before, this is nothing that won't take but 10 mins to fix. Their just lazy!
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm not a MAN,... you boy! I'm a girl get that right! Secondly I've made games before, this is nothing that won't take but 10 mins to fix. Their just lazy!

Uh just to jump in here, 1) Almost everyone thinks anyone online is a man until proven otherwise so no need to be snippy.

2) I build games, apps and even worked on MMO's. Just because you've built games doesn't mean you have an understanding of the MMO environment. It is not in any way the same thing.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm not a MAN,... you boy! I'm a girl get that right! Secondly I've made games before, this is nothing that won't take but 10 mins to fix. They're just lazy!
    ;)

In all seriousness though, I've done some novice texture and mesh work myself for STA2, and I would concur with summerrenobaum in that it shouldn't take them long to fix the detail in question.

I fear the problem is (as per usual); they're focusing on all of the new ship releases. Whilst it's great to see new content added, many of us are already attached to the older content, and that should be looked after just as much as the new. Short of the Intrepid (which, from Tribble Screenshots looks lovely now) when was the last time they went back and reworked an old design?
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • foolishowlfoolishowl Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    askray wrote: »
    Uh just to jump in here, 1) Almost everyone thinks anyone online is a man until proven otherwise so no need to be snippy.

That's a sexist assumption to make and complaining about it is justified.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There is a reason why MMORPG stands for Many Men Online RolePlaying Girls.
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yep, haven't used this in awhile.http://youtu.be/d0wbfuBgbTE
  • rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    cptjhunter wrote: »
    Yep, haven't used this in awhile.http://youtu.be/d0wbfuBgbTE

I clicked on it but then refused to sit through the 15-second ad for Red Lobster :eek:
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    foolishowl wrote: »

True and it's 100% accurate. The majority of users online is male, the majority of players that play MMO's are male.

Sorry that's just the statistics :P
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    foolishowl wrote: »

I agree with what you said sir and/or ma'am.
  • kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014

First of all, taking major offense to such a minor social fubar suggest that you have very little else to argue against them. Since we have no way of discerning your gender besides you us actually telling us, we have to make a guess. Since gender is (mostly) binary, we generally make one of two choices:

-Make an educated guess on what gender you are based on where on the web you are located, and previous post. (your location being on an MMORPG website, which has stereo-typically been a male domian)

OR

-Default to mirror what gender we assign ourselves onto whoever we are speaking. (I.E. seeing an unknown figure as male, because we are male, until told otherwise)

Thus, online, unless you annotated every post you make with a female symbol, it is safe to assume that we might refer to you in a male context. This is not meant to be insulting. This is just us as a community attempting to communicate with you in ways that makes sense to us. Also, at least in a majority of the United States, referring to a group of people as "guys" or "dudes" is perfectly acceptable, even in a mixed gendered group.

Second of all, the issue is alot larger than just one ship. A lot of ships need a texture pass. Since you are not a developer within this game, you are on the outside looking in. Therefore, you attribute any shortcomings as internally motivated (I.E. The Devs are lazy. They are incompetent, etc.). However, when the roles are reversed, and it is YOU in a sticky situation, you will view things as externally motivated (I am overwhelmed, I need more resources, etc.) So, this clearly falls into the viewer bias.

Also, if you believe that this is so easy to fix, and have previous experience in the field, please send a resume to Cryptic studios and asked for a position there. You claim to love this game. You claim that you can fix this problem. Thus, NOT offering to fix this problem either show contempt for this game or incompetence on your part.
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Just to jump in here where you jumped in, it's 2014. You should probably not make that assumption and you shouldn't be defending those who do make that assumption. The snippiness is deserved in light of posts like yours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just to jump in here where you jumped in, it's 2014. You should probably not make that assumption and you shouldn't be defending those who do make that assumption. The snippiness is deserved in light of posts like yours.

Yeah and in 2014 for online MMORPGs, females still make up less than 33% of online gamers for MMOs. So yeah it's an actual good assumption. So no need to be jumping down his throat.

Where did I get this info? Extra Credits videos.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • morchadesmorchades Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    True and it's 100% accurate. The majority of users online is male, the majority of players that play MMO's are male.

Sorry that's just the statistics :P

Consider this...

Falling back on statistics like these (and majority can be anything from 51% to 99% provided everyone answered those surveys truthfully and there weren't a bunch of women saying they're men to avoid harassment) helps create an environment where everyone is assumed to be male.

In an environment where everyone is assumed to be male, women who are offended by anything from being called the wrong pronoun to inappropriate jokes are told that it is a male-dominated environment and to adjust to that.

Ultimately the women who come to these environments feel unwelcome, and leave. Everyone who remains there says "Well it's just us dudes here" and continue to act in ways that make women feel unwelcome.

So any new women who wander in leave for the same reasons.

And so an environment that is mostly (which again, can be from 51%-99% if women are responding truthfully and not keeping a low profile to avoid trouble) male will stay mostly male.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    That's why when in doubt, I'm a 'He/She' kinda person.

I've lost track, is this thread about STO/Internetz gender identification or problems with the look of the Galaxy in separation mode???

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    edited August 2014
    kyeto13 wrote: »
    Also, if you believe that this is so easy to fix, and have previous experience in the field, please send a resume to Cryptic studios and asked for a position there. You claim to love this game. You claim that you can fix this problem. Thus, NOT offering to fix this problem either show contempt for this game or incompetence on your part.

I've already offered to make a few ships FREE OF CHARGE to cryptic, they've declined to even see them. So not only are they lazy, they are blind to even look at people's help when given to them. Work for them? To be honest, I don't know if I want to. I love the game, but the 'Hey, people are still paying to use this glitch,... so why bother fixing it' mentality, doesn't work for me. Some parts of this game is amazing, but that philosophy isn't me, i don't produce TRIBBLE.

I'll make one last offer,.. I offer to make one Federation Dreadnought in exchange for a life-time subscription if you use it. I guarantee it will be better then anything you have in the game now. I know how to use polygons correctly and on a limited basis. I can UV map, Light map, bump map,... anything you want.

Someone show this to cryptic,.. I doubt they will respond though.
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    it is obvious that you are frustrated with this texture on the Galaxy map, but please refrain from starting a thread telling us our work is TRIBBLE and our employees are lazy. There is no need to insult those who you claim to only be trying to help.

I am shutting down this thread because there is literally no purpose to this post but for the OP to vent and attack our staff.

The modhammer swingeth.

~CaptainSmirk
This discussion has been closed.