test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - August 21, 2014

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.45.20140814a.3

New Feature:
General:
  • Female Romulan characters now have access to the New Styled Elegant hairstyle.
  • Increased the range of allowed heights for female Romulan Aliens.
  • Other player’s loot drops are now hidden on Invasion Zones such as Nukara Prime.
  • Resolved numerous clipping issues in the tailor for Species list, Face, and Hair selectors.
  • Resolved an issue causing civilians to not act correctly during Mine Trap.
  • Made some minor updates to the Traits UI.
  • Resolved an issue which caused Reman Female’s mouth to warp when doing the Khan emote.

Systems:
  • Powers:
    • Players must now be moving to benefit from the Dodge bonus granted by Sprint.
    • All Weapon Remodulators can no longer be accidentally interrupted by the player performing other actions while it is being activated.

Content:
  • Resolved an issue causing seams in the Order Bridge to allow players to see into space.
  • Resolved an issue where the icons would disappear in the room with Lieutenant Ferra on Starfleet Academy.

Foundry:
  • Resolved an issue which was causing Bridge Olympic 01 to have the front half of its floor below the bottom of the map.

Known Issues:
  • All Foundry functions are not available at this time.
  • Characters over level 50 cannot join PVE and PVP queues.
  • The leveling system from 50 – 60 is not in a final state.
    • This includes promotion missions, the Rewards progression list, and Captain Powers and Skills.
  • Deadly Intent Module does not work on some weapons.
  • Servin and Veela System Patrols cannot be entered.
  • Captains cannot switch Traits while on their bridge.
Post edited by coldsnapped on

Comments

• sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Is that all? I was expecting more. :confused:
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
  • adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Is that all? I was expecting more. :confused:

The purpose of putting this build on tribble is not really to test features, but more to soak test the code branch and find any unexpected problems there now. Delta Rising has many many more patch notes than this, worry not. :)
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I hope the fix for the Juel Ducane Warp Theorist bug fix that Borticus checked in on 5/22/14 makes it into this release:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17083611&postcount=35
  • karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What! You mean it is not fully finished by now, they have had a couple of weeks..... :rolleyes:
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    All Weapon Remodulators can no longer be accidentally interrupted by the player performing other actions while it is being activated.

No super-exciting X2 stuff yet in this patch, but this is great!
    edited August 2014
    No super-exciting X2 stuff yet in this patch, but this is great!

Lol, isn't the new leveling system exciting? I think it is?\. Well, I hope the specialization stuff is worth it once I see it.
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    I hope the fix for the Juel Ducane Warp Theorist bug fix that Borticus checked in on 5/22/14 makes it into this release:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17083611&postcount=35

That change has been live for months now.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
    edited August 2014

Lol, Bort, a small favor.

Please, no more stealth patches, specially useful ones.
    edited August 2014
    Is Tribble going to be available for all to test or are we going back to the LoR beta gold account testing only?
  • dannyk5478dannyk5478 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Are guys thinking on changing the amount of exp we get from each mission? Because it looks like right now it is gonna take forever to get to 60
  • talgeezetalgeeze Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Looks like the Intrepid got its updated model in this build ?
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just a small issue I have with this build: the UI elements are just slightly offset. Some of the offsetting is glaringly obvious, like the Shield indicator in space. Maybe tighten that up so that it's even with the other edges.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
    edited August 2014
    dannyk5478 wrote: »
    Are guys thinking on changing the amount of exp we get from each mission? Because it looks like right now it is gonna take forever to get to 60

This is all still in flux, but we are purposefully moving away from the "Mission per Level" XP rates that are common pre-50. We want players to experience a wide range of content during their journey to the new level cap, beyond just the story Episodes.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rob2485 wrote: »
    Looks like Gold Members/LTS only, I have fleet mates that no longer have access.
    That's an unfortunate, lost marketing opportunity for Cryptic/PWE. And I say that as a STO Lifetime member.

If Cryptic/PWE wanted to grant early access, then I'd suggest reducing the Lifetime membership cost for a month; onboard players who will have a chance to play on Tribble/Redshirt.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,164 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Still no fix for projectile crafting? Are the devs aware it’s broken?
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dannyk5478 wrote: »

They said at the announcement that the levelling time from 50-60 would be a lot longer than previous levels. Think of this like any other MMO with a level cap increase - it's going to tale a while.

Once we have mission content to get us there, it should go faster, though.
    edited August 2014
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    Still no fix for projectile crafting? Are the devs aware it’s broken?

Chances are if that goes in, it will be on Redshirt first, not here. Crafting and bug fixes will most likely be happening on the live codetree rather than the DR one - unless you WANT to wait for October for them. ;)
  • dannyk5478dannyk5478 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is all still in flux, but we are purposefully moving away from the "Mission per Level" XP rates that are common pre-50. We want players to experience a wide range of content during their journey to the new level cap, beyond just the story Episodes.
    Oh ok, also will there be more test vendors in the near future for example: Lobi, Fleet Ship Module, etc....? I know at least a few of us would want to test the fleet ships on tribble (upcoming and current)
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Missions have been the most rewarding ways to earn XP. Nothing else compare, especially now that the Mirror Event hourly is gone.

All STFs, killing NPCs in missions, and even Red Alerts, give very little XP. How's this going to be addressed?
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

edited August 2014
    jaturnley wrote: »
    They said at the announcement that the levelling time from 50-60 would be a lot longer than previous levels. Think of this like any other MMO with a level cap increase - it's going to tale a while.

Once we have mission content to get us there, it should go faster, though.
    Going by the amount of Skill points needed for the next level (50 to 51), you'd need 36k skill points for that, and 183000 to level 60.
    edited August 2014
    rob2485 wrote: »
    Looks like Gold Members/LTS only, I have fleet mates that no longer have access.

This would be very unfortunate. Releases don't go too smoothly as it is when all players can try changes. Limiting it to gold members only increases the likelihood of bugs making it into Holodeck.
    edited August 2014
    tk79 wrote: »
    All STFs, killing NPCs in missions, and even Red Alerts, give very little XP. How's this going to be addressed?

Carefully? ;)

Until we start rolling out the X2 Content to Tribble, I'm not sure that we're ready to publicize those details.

(Also, I don't personally know the answer.)
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014

Well it doesn't friggin work. Or maybe I just have the world's worst luck. Probably the latter.

You guys ever going to address how acetons have been bugged for ages? No? Don't care? Right, whatever.
  • glassguitarglassguitar Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Can we get a confirm or deny as to whether Tribble is gold access only?
    edited August 2014
    Can we get a confirm or deny as to whether Tribble is gold access only?
    I was able to get into it, and the people I saw there were also veterans, so I would say that for now, yes, it's Gold access. It has happened before so it shouldn't have been a surprise that it would happen again.
    edited August 2014
    Going by the amount of Skill points needed for the next level (50 to 51), you'd need 36k skill points for that, and 183000 to level 60.

I just hopped into the Japori system and ran the mission there, and got ~6300 XP on elite (30,329 until level 51). The XP requirement you are talking about are too low, if anything. You could still grind out level 60 on a long weekend with no story content at all.
  • glassguitarglassguitar Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I was able to get into it, and the people I saw there were also veterans, so I would say that for now, yes, it's Gold access. It has happened before so it shouldn't have been a surprise that it would happen again.

Every other time it was posted that it was happening. No official post this time.
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Thank you for this. This was one of the things I missed about the old leveling up to 50. I think its more valuable to have a more well rounded experience with various content as you level.

In the past we used to have to do a combination of missions, sector patrols, and system patrols to level up so we could progress at the right level for mission content. It's what got me to buy useful gear and ships at the lower levels since we would spend more time in them. I'm glad to see diversity back in the leveling process.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010