test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[BUG] New Romulus away team replaces bridge officers (boffs)

malazancommandermalazancommander Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I am currently playing as a fed.

On new Romulus during 'missions' given by the people at the different transporters, there are 'missions' which enable you to enter a new place. For example, there is a mini-mission called "New Romulus: The Power Source". The entrance is the most South West location on the map.

Basically, as I enter into new areas which are technically not part of the New Romulus map, I get to choose my away team. I have my Captain and my First Officer with me as I enter. My other boffs are replaced by the generic security team members in the away team menu.

To counter this, I X out of the away team menu that pops up. Then, I press "U", then click on "Stations" (where you can change boffs etc.). I don't actually change the boffs or anything. I simply X out of that menu and then this fixes the problem. Now, I get my Captain, my First Officer and my handpicked boffs as normal.

Of course, this 'fix' isn't much of a fix. This is only a temp solution.
Post edited by malazancommander on

Comments

• malazancommandermalazancommander Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Does this happen to anyone else?
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I've not had this problem specifically with new Romulus. But I have had my away team randomly switched or replaced on me on occasion. I believe it may be related to the problems with loadouts.

When testing the loadout bug to try and rule out some proposed theories one of the things that often happened was that security personnel would replace my away team.

I doubt this is caused by loadouts themselves. I think its more likely that both ship loadouts going wrong and away teams going wrong stem from the same problem. Which is also likely to be why, even before loadouts, zoning would sometimes wipe all our bridge officer seating.

If any dev is reading this and would like to see the testing I did to try and reproduce away teams going awol check the 2nd page of the broken loadout thread.
    edited July 2014
    I only use one loadout. Are you saying that even if you only had one loadout (as some people have two) that it may change away team members? Or are you specifically saying that this affect people using two loadouts?
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Does this happen to anyone else?

Happens to me by time to time. It is a known bug that never was fixed (again). I reported it about 2 months ago as well. But well, i knew that this will never be fixed, as other thousands of things, but i posted since it was time ago since i had my last bug in new romulus (didnt beam down for a long time lol).
    So, yes, happens to a lot of people, but since not too many people do those missions, there are not too many bug reports. And anyways, they are useless, so i guess people dont bother anymore to report bugs.

And yes, in my case i only have 1 loadout (i only have 1 loadout in almost all my toons).
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I only use one loadout. Are you saying that even if you only had one loadout (as some people have two) that it may change away team members? Or are you specifically saying that this affect people using two loadouts?

No, as I said I don't believe this is caused by loadouts. I do believe that what ever causes loadouts to work erratically is the same thing which causes our away teams to go wrong.

I'm not trying to say that:

Loadouts brake away teams.

I am trying to say that:

X brakes away teams and loadouts.

The reason for this assumption being that when attempting to replicate problems with loadouts I was also able to replicate problems with away teams. There is a consistent conjunction if not a causal one.
  • blackhatgaryblackhatgary Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I had the exact Same issue in the same place as you... I also resolved it the same way as you it has not since repeated...
    edited August 2014
    No, as I said I don't believe this is caused by loadouts. I do believe that what ever causes loadouts to work erratically is the same thing which causes our away teams to go wrong.

I'm not trying to say that:

Loadouts brake away teams.

I am trying to say that:

X brakes away teams and loadouts.

The reason for this assumption being that when attempting to replicate problems with loadouts I was also able to replicate problems with away teams. There is a consistent conjunction if not a causal one.

I must have misunderstood you. Thanks for clearing that up

I had the exact Same issue in the same place as you... I also resolved it the same way as you it has not since repeated...

Interesting, did repeat for me. You are more fortunate than me.
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I did that fix and almost every time that bug repeats for me.. lol. :P