test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

+Anyone else have a lot of DOFF assignments stuck in "finishing"?

realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
After today;s patch my KDF seems to have 15 DOFF assignments stuck in "finishing", does anyone else have this problem and will it eventually clear?

My Rom and Fed seem to be OK (so far).

I guess my KDF Doffs are off celebrating for the weekend?

(I would contact a GM about this, but the last three times I contacted a GM I received an email a couple of days later with a boiler plate telling me the obvious and that if I think its a bug I should report it....which means it would get fixed...next update earliest? So I generally don't bother anymore. I love STO but the GM help seems to be tailored to the least common denominator pointing you to the wiki or forums. They apparently have no ability at all to handle any character/mission/rewards problems...)
Post edited by realisticalty on

Comments

• gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My KDF has four stuck on "Finishing" as well.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Luckily I haven't been afflicted by the stuck bug that many seem to be getting. I just have to wait 5 minutes for my assignments to actually finish when I log in.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    KDF Tac Orion - 14 Assignments (including Sick Bay and Challenge) and all four R&D slots stuck since 8/8. The other 7 Assignment slots are fine, add and complete. No difficulties with any of my other 7 characters, including a Klingon Tac. Now they have severe lag in completing Assignments and R&D but no stuck stuff.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • sabouma1979sabouma1979 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    just now I noticed one of my characters had a mission that was stuck.....
  • techtoon1techtoon1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yes My ROM KDF has R&D projects that wont finish , says finishing for 2 days now.
  • havokreignhavokreign Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    In my experience, the entire UI throughout the whole game is significantly more clumsy and slower to respond than it was when the game went F2P.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Pre and post patch, one of my KDF toons has a bunch of normal doff missions frozen and all the R+D slots.

The patch has done nothing to resolve this other than remove the timer.
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Pre and post patch, one of my KDF toons has a bunch of normal doff missions frozen and all the R+D slots.

The patch has done nothing to resolve this other than remove the timer.
    Incorrect.. removing the timer has nothing to do with it. All of my missions are stuck not completing and you can't abort them, which tells me they want to complete but somethings holding them back. It's a very small step forward at least.

There's something really bad going on me thinks!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,477 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Shouldn't this be in the Bug section of the fourms?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • lordagamemnonb5lordagamemnonb5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Cryptic: "Can't fix potentially game breaking bugs but hey, we can nerf everything into oblivion and add the Kazon!"
    How the Devs see Star Trek, apparently:
    Star Trek: The Original Grind
    Star Trek: The Next Grind
    Star Trek: Deep Space Grind
    Star Trek: Voyage to the Grind
    edited August 2014
    Incorrect.. removing the timer has nothing to do with it. All of my missions are stuck not completing and you can't abort them, which tells me they want to complete but somethings holding them back. It's a very small step forward at least.

There's something really bad going on me thinks!

Yeah I wasnt saying removing the timer was much of a positive contribution.

More a sort of shuffling the deck chairs on the titanic sort of thing.
  • darkside003darkside003 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Can we get some kind of notice that this issue is being worked on by the devs? Here it is CXP weekend and most of my doffs are stuck in 18 "finishing" assignments and 2 R&D projects....

<Starting to regret that LTS>...:(
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Not only stuck, but they still finish in ca. 5 secs intervals. Weren't they supposed to have fixed that today?!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • xillomxillom Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Got the same prob on my Rom. 8 DOFF assignments stuck in "Finishing" (10+ hours now) and 4 R&D.
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Not only stuck, but they still finish in ca. 5 secs intervals. Weren't they supposed to have fixed that today?!

I'm guessing the 5 second interval thing is by design - Neverwinter does the exact same thing with their DOff-like stuffs.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    somebob wrote: »
    I'm guessing the 5 second interval thing is by design - Neverwinter does the exact same thing with their DOff-like stuffs.

Yeah, except 2 patches ago it was not broken at all, and now it is.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • havokreignhavokreign Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've always had assignments roll into the negative, but only for a few seconds each, maybe a minute rarely.

After these updates, they all go negative for long stretches relative to how long I've been offline. When I log back in, they slowly complete themselves.

I've never had a DoFF assignment get stuck and not finish at all.
  • xillomxillom Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I had 8 stuck, but filled the other slots for some overnights. Was hoping that when those finished they would trigger the other ones to do something, but noooOOOOooooo.. still stuck QQ

Also no budging on the R&D..
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    "Resolved an issue causing a negative time amount will appear when a Duty Officer mission is completing."

See, they fixed exactly what they said they fixed - and nothing else.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    on 3 of them R&D is completely stuck
    on 2 of them more than half of the doff slots are stuck
    on 1 R&D AND 21 doff slots are completely stuck
    all this since 5 days (!)

..and I was soooo much looking forward to the cxp weekend..
    I had been preparing since weeks, getting the right boosts
    and such...at least a word an the forums from the devs or
    mods would have been nice..:(
  • memworldmemworld Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Having the same problem now with one toon.

That ends his CXP weekend.

Thanks for the nothing Cryptic!!!
    edited August 2014
    Two of my KDF toons now have most or all of their Doff missions frozen.

It appears to be a progressive issue as the freeze didn't happen at the same time.

One toon lost slots five days ago, the other yesterday.

I'm dreading logging on to discover the other two KDF toons have suffered the same fate.

Bad enough the bug exists, but for it to be allowed to persist over a junior officer weekend, with no acknowledgement of the issue (its not even on the known issues list for the last patch) is just so.......rude, as much as anything.
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Folks, we have a bug reporting section for a reason.

Search it, read the stickies and use it :)
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.