test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The New Planet(s)

flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
From Las Vegas Screenshots, I believe we've seen two new planets (to feature in Delta Rising). The first is this one here, and it's likely connected to the Iconian.

There is however, another planet, which can be seen here and here. Taking the architecture into account, I would summarize that these two pictures are of the same planet.

The question I pose to each of you, is to which Delta Quadrant species does this planet belong? It looks sophisticated and clean, so that's the Kazon and Talaxian out, and last we saw of the Ocampa they didn't seem capable of creating anything like that, so it's a fair shout that they're out too.

Anyone got any good guesses? Apparently it's a known species, one of which we've encountered.
attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
Post edited by flash525 on

Comments

• liberator68liberator68 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Looks like the dark tower from the film Krull lol
  • seriousxenoseriousxeno Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I could be wrong about this, but I remember some hearing somewhere that it might belong to the Kobali. Could just be a rumor though.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Kobali
    latest?cb=20090525051807&path-prefix=en
    "Let them eat static!"
  • liberator68liberator68 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    God i hope not,they use dead bodies lol, last thing we need is a zombie outbreak.
  • zebramaniiizebramaniii Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My guess for the second planet would be Quarra featured in the 2 part episode "Workforce"
    ***Sausages for All***
    Federation - Mirel II, Tala Lyleh sh'Ezlem, Vro'kul, Jahrel, Giweatu, Jhrol th'Ezlem, Katariina Rebane, Eleftheria Palaiologou, Surel, Saimon, TheEfficientSaurian
    KDF -Mirel I, Anirez Norai, Talash
    Romulans - T'Lara, Makath 'The Needle' Ayailat, Mirel III
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    flash525 wrote: »
    From Las Vegas Screenshots, I believe we've seen two new planets (to feature in Delta Rising). The first is this one here, and it's likely connected to the Iconian.

There is however, another planet, which can be seen here and here. Taking the architecture into account, I would summarize that these two pictures are of the same planet.

The question I pose to each of you, is to which Delta Quadrant species does this planet belong? It looks sophisticated and clean, so that's the Kazon and Talaxian out, and last we saw of the Ocampa they didn't seem capable of creating anything like that, so it's a fair shout that they're out too.

Anyone got any good guesses? Apparently it's a known species, one of which we've encountered.
    It's already been confirmed, basically, to be the homeworld of the Kobali. Just look closely at one of the people in the second screenshot you posted, the people look exactly like the Kobali.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm not sure the first planet is related to the Iconians. The flying "things" remind of the aliens in the Equinox 2 parter.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2014

needs more SPIKES!!
    GwaoHAD.png
  • unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I could be wrong about this, but I remember some hearing somewhere that it might belong to the Kobali. Could just be a rumor though.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Kobali

I've died so many times in game I have to wonder why the Kobali haven't repurposed my corpse yet....
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited August 2014

the first one is zerg heaven! :D the 2nd and 3rd are the same planet judging by the near building in the background the blue grey one and the furthest tower on the left, compare it to picture 3, im guessing the planet kobali based on the pictures of the person closest in the picture tapping on the panel. i imagine its a large planetside town promenade market if you like on kobali if i were to guess (tbc on race though).
    My guess for the second planet would be Quarra featured in the 2 part episode "Workforce"

quarra looks more primitive and industrialized, lots of pipes and metal working around, its not them. http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Quarra.
    God i hope not,they use dead bodies lol, last thing we need is a zombie outbreak.

they reanimate dead bodies to life again but completely replace the dna and chemical make up to that of a kobali, in essense not a zombie but a completely new lifeform and not like commander shepard :P. if the kobali are returning then its likely that former starfleet officer lyndsay ballard or known as jhet'leya will be the one to pursue some sort of contact with the alpha quadrant as the liaison knowing what she does about home, that would fit with harry kim and the rhode island a bit more since harry had a crush on lyndsay before her death.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    quarra looks more primitive and industrialized, lots of pipes and metal working around, its not them. http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Quarra.

not to mention in Sphere of influence, it mentions that the iconians are considering turning the quarrens into a servitor species.
    edited August 2014
    tenkari wrote: »
    not to mention in Sphere of influence, it mentions that the iconians are considering turning the quarrens into a servitor species.

im aware of the connection, but if were quarra, it would be more primitive looking then these sleek looking designs in the pictures.
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So, is the Kobali home world going to be our new home away from home? This game needs more social zones, even if they are small, they would be a welcome sight.
  • bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Dunno about about the first pic. The other 2, yeah, I'm at 99.9% sure it's Kobali . They mentioned on the panel in Vegas that the inhabitants of this world use DNA to reproduce their population, much like cloning. That's exactly what the Kobali do.
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Dunno about about the first pic. The other 2, yeah, I'm at 99.9% sure it's Kobali . They mentioned on the panel in Vegas that the inhabitants of this world use DNA to reproduce their population, much like cloning. That's exactly what the Kobali do.
    I was under the impression that the Kobali use this procedure to add to their population, not to keep it.

It was never mentioned that they aren't able to reproduce by natural means. I guess it's just an assumption that they can't because of their unique ability/procedure. It wouldn't be too farfetched though to think that (with growing their population) they'd not both reproduce normally, and reanimate the dead.

This leads me to my next question though; can the Kobali actually be killed? If they can reanimate and restore corpses, then surely any one of them that dies, can just be brought back to life..?

I can just picture it now, a Kobali Doctor/Scientist stood over an awaking, formerly dead Kobali "Welcome back to life. You died, but we've restored you. The only problem is you changed gender during the process. Congratulations!"
  • ashrod63ashrod63 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I was under the impression that the Kobali use this procedure to add to their population, not to keep it.

It was never mentioned that they aren't able to reproduce by natural means. I guess it's just an assumption that they can't because of their unique ability/procedure. It wouldn't be too farfetched though to think that (with growing their population) they'd not both reproduce normally, and reanimate the dead.

This leads me to my next question though; can the Kobali actually be killed? If they can reanimate and restore corpses, then surely any one of them that dies, can just be brought back to life..?

I can just picture it now, a Kobali Doctor/Scientist stood over an awaking, formerly dead Kobali "Welcome back to life. You died, but we've restored you. The only problem is you changed gender during the process. Congratulations!"

I'd assume you can kill them, but keeping them dead would require genocide.
  • omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Vaporize the Kalobi and there is no way for them to come back, they need the body after all.
    edited August 2014
    My comment regarding their death was more tongue-in-cheek. :)

Obviously they can be killed, but at what point would the Kobali decide "right, this one has died enough, just let them go!"
    edited August 2014

perhaps its as simple as it looks, once the transformation is complete of the former dead, its a second chance but still very much the same when you kill em and they stay dead not being able to do anything about it because there is nothing more to transform. but cloning, sure they likely have dna samples from the original donor, but i dont think its on the same order as the cloning means that the dominion employ. maybe once more with the clone and thats it.
  • mcduffie369mcduffie369 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    To the OP,
    How did you make your signature do that?
  • captrott1captrott1 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My guess is it is Benthos from the episode where we never saw the Benthans except for a couple of their ships. They mention the Benthan Guard in their recent dev posts. From the episode, we know that the Bethans are moderately advanced.
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,788 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    the first one is zerg heaven! :D

Do not worry. There is a Bortas inbound. :P
  • commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I hate the Kobali. I hope we get to kill them all.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
    edited August 2014
    To the OP,
    How did you make your signature do that?
    You'll need a photo-editing program, though I use(d) photoshop. How? Well this short tutorial should help you with that. :)
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I hate them too. They better be the bad guys... as helping those corpse-stealing things would make me feel sick to the stomach...
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

edited August 2014
    I hate them too. They better be the bad guys... as helping those corpse-stealing things would make me feel sick to the stomach...
    I highly doubt the Kobali are going to be an aggressor. They're more likely to be one of the more sophisticated and technologically advanced Delta Quadrant allies that we have in our new storyline.

On the plus, if your character dies whilst fighting the Kazon, Borg, Voth or Undine, have no fear. Call a Kobali and you can be resurrected with a brand new life; though you'll have to take on a new identity and serve within the Kobali fleet. Maybe this is how Cryptic are going to introduce tokens to re-species your character, except you don't get to choose which species you become, it's going to be Kobali. :P
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I highly doubt the Kobali are going to be an aggressor. They're more likely to be one of the more sophisticated and technologically advanced Delta Quadrant allies that we have in our new storyline.

On the plus, if your character dies whilst fighting the Kazon, Borg, Voth or Undine, have no fear. Call a Kobali and you can be resurrected with a brand new life; though you'll have to take on a new identity and serve within the Kobali fleet. Maybe this is how Cryptic are going to introduce tokens to re-species your character, except you don't get to choose which species you become, it's going to be Kobali. :P
    I just died inside with the idea of 're-species token'... it was a joke, but a scary one. :D

Unfortunately, I think you are right, that the Kobali aren't going to be the bad guys. I wish you were mistaken, but they are probably gonna be one of the 'allies'. Makes me really... disappointed, to say at very least. I really don't find it appealing to have anyone stealing the dead of other races, turning them into one of their own...
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider