test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (August 14, 2014) [Complete!]

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, August 14th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for our weekly scheduled maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2.5 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jaguaro70jaguaro70 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I just hope that adding all these costume options to the Foundry Editor doesn't cause another lag problem like it did when Season 9.5 launched. But looking forward to all these options. Thanks so much.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Please tell me that doff fix there fixes the annoying 5 second delays in assignments completing. It's annoying waiting for 23 to complete.
  • jon59650jon59650 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    damn, was stocking up on mark boxes. Was going to use overflow bag as well.
    sto-afk-list.tumblr.com/
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Well, hopefully this will clear my inventory.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for these updates. Hope I can see some recruit some officers for my Romulan. I usually do those incase one pops up I want to use. Or use for training.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • albinovampire987albinovampire987 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thank you for the star cluster and romulan doff assignment fix, I look forward to seeing this live.
    Galactic Horde.
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Please tell me that doff fix there fixes the annoying 5 second delays in assignments completing. It's annoying waiting for 23 to complete.

We can only hope so, it really does put a cramp on quick in and out Doffing.
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • bi0f0dd3rbi0f0dd3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ummm....perhaps some clarity?

The Duty Officer Mission cooldown on Star Cluster contacts has been reduced from 20 hours down

to 4 hours. Do you mean the cluster assignment timer? or actual cooldown, because cooldown

reduction is kind of a joke when they don't change for 20 hours anyway, pick up the same 2

clusters twice? not sure that's what your intending, but alright.

FILTERS FILTERS FILTERS --- UNCHECK THEM, dang.....unchecking over 20 boxes to get the

one profession your shopping for is ludicrous, either leave them unchecked while displaying all, or

add an uncheck all button.

Adding some Bulk Mark Conversion options would also be a long awaited, much needed addition.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    smeeinn1t wrote: »
    We can only hope so, it really does put a cramp on quick in and out Doffing.
    Especially for those KDF characters that have had assignments stuck since last Friday, including the R&D slots.

Mark packages auto open - just in time for the Bonus Marks Weekend coming up in two weeks.

Soliton Wave Generator in the Reclaim? Anytime soon since it was supposed to be there with 9.5?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Foundry:

Very, very pleased with this! Especially finally adding the Romulan TOS Costumes! :D
    General:

Resolved an issue which was causing many Romulan Duty Officers assignments from not starting.
    An example would be Romulan Evaluate Bridge Officer Candidate Assignments.

Overdue, but welcome.
    All Mark rewardpacks now unpack upon pick up.

Unexpected. So those who were stockpiling for the next Mark Event, will have a nasty surprise. :P

The Duty Officer Mission cooldown on Star Cluster contacts has been reduced from 20 hours down to 4 hours.

Very unexpected, no more 20 hour timers.
    Updated Khazan Cluster missions so that they should give credit to the Khazan exploration accolades.

Yay!
    Resolved an issue causing a negative time amount will appear when a Duty Officer mission is completing.

Double Yay! :D
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for the Foundry additions! :D
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Don't want us saving mark boxes for mark events, eh. Can't say I didn't see it coming, after limiting us to one XP project in the crafting grind.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Nerfs inbound: cool downs for PvEs and mark boxes explode on pick (no saving allowed :rolleyes: ). The only silver lining is the Foundry additions. Oh well...
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Congrats to Foundry authors.

Nice to see some doffing adressed (sadly nothing about the UI still - filters unchecked by default for instance). Though not yet sure what exactly the line about 'no negative time at completion' means. Are stuck assignements finally fixed? Is the slow completing fixed?

And well, not sure how i feel about the mark boxes change. It's not unexpected, though inconvenient. I'm afraid about the multiple choice mark boxes. Hope they don't ruin those somehow.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • cem3212cem3212 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Unless I missed it or they fixed it without mentioning it I guess the Paratrinic Shield Array is still going to be absent for original KDF characters compared to Federations & Romulans still having access to it.

I would think that would be an easy fix. I never saw where they stated it was intentional, but oh well, in the scheme of things I'm sure it's a low priority.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited August 2014
    It's on the to-do list. This is what they could achieve. It will happen ;)
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    All Mark rewardpacks now unpack upon pick up.
    These can no longer be stacked in the player’s inventory.

Ok, I can understand the logic behind this, is to prevent people from stocking up on these, for when mark bonus week hits, but why even bother having mark packs drop into inventory so to speak, than automatically unpack?

Why not just go back to how it used to be, when it rewarded marks automatically, and not some pack?

For those missions with multiple choice, again why even have a pack?

Just let them decide what mark type they want!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    For those missions with multiple choice, again why even have a pack?

Just let them decide what mark type they want!

Oh, I'd rather not. You never know what marks you may need in the future. Having to choose at the moment would mean no playing till the moment I'm set on the way to spend the marks.

Just recently, I realised one of my alts needed some Dyson marks for the Grav torp, so I checked my bank and opened a box or two from - I don't know - maybe the Risian parrots and monkeys. And voila, a convenient and fast way of getting marks. And you're not forced to run missions when you need marks. You may run missions whenever you want and store the rewards for when you may need specific marks in the future.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
    edited August 2014
    Guess we'll be crying over opened mark boxes after the patch. ARRGH!

Something still isn't done yet. muhahaha

Look at mine: http://i.imgur.com/pb0zug3.jpg

Been collecting for a few days now, was planning on getting more, take advantage of the overflow bag which I believe is unlimited.

But I understand the reasoning for the patch. I won't be complaining like a lot of people on the forum do. Though I do want to see the rage after people find out they can't stash these boxes.
    sto-afk-list.tumblr.com/
  • alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    bi0f0dd3r wrote: »
    FILTERS FILTERS FILTERS --- UNCHECK THEM

PvE queues filters have the similar problem... The whole game interface is very bad designed.
    edited August 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    Congrats to Foundry authors.

Nice to see some doffing adressed (sadly nothing about the UI still - filters unchecked by default for instance). Though not yet sure what exactly the line about 'no negative time at completion' means. Are stuck assignements finally fixed? Is the slow completing fixed?

And well, not sure how i feel about the mark boxes change. It's not unexpected, though inconvenient. I'm afraid about the multiple choice mark boxes. Hope they don't ruin those somehow.

I think it means that if the game logs a negative time amount for a doff mission, it automatically sets it as completed.

Granted it isn't specific, it could also mean that it won't show a negative amount and say "finalizing in 5 seconds" instead
    sto-afk-list.tumblr.com/
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I will be "meh" about any and all DOFF UI changes short of a COMPLETE rollback to the pre-9.5 version.

Otherwise, pretty standard patch. Hope the Foundry guys go to town with these new assets.
  • realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yes! Us Rommies can now get new bridge officers again! (I had hoped the silence meant a fix was in the works, I dared to hope.)

Please do NOT automatically open choice-mark boxes! It would be -impossible- for me to be able to decide what marks I want at the time of award. That would be baaad. The way it is now, after this patch, is fine.
  • damzelltrilldamzelltrill Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Did you guys fix the Romulan Reinforcements mission? I want my Liberated Borg Doff!
    A Trill, a Gorn, a Jem'Hadar, Bejoran and a Voth walk into a bar, and the Bartender asks "What is this a Joke?"
    "Nope, just my away team" the trill replies before ordering a round for the bar.
    edited August 2014
    Yes! Us Rommies can now get new bridge officers again! (I had hoped the silence meant a fix was in the works, I dared to hope.)

Please do NOT automatically open choice-mark boxes! It would be -impossible- for me to be able to decide what marks I want at the time of award. That would be baaad. The way it is now, after this patch, is fine.

No, you choose which marks box you want (omega, undine, romulan, etc), then the box you get will be automatically opened. You already decide which one you want, it is just the box opens automatically.
    sto-afk-list.tumblr.com/
  • bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited August 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    Oh, I'd rather not. You never know what marks you may need in the future. Having to choose at the moment would mean no playing till the moment I'm set on the way to spend the marks.

Just recently, I realised one of my alts needed some Dyson marks for the Grav torp, so I checked my bank and opened a box or two from - I don't know - maybe the Risian parrots and monkeys. And voila, a convenient and fast way of getting marks. And you're not forced to run missions when you need marks. You may run missions whenever you want and store the rewards for when you may need specific marks in the future.

You could suggest that at the time of pickup, a window prompting you the percentages of active Rep projects underway and how many of each Rep type marks you need to complete, and then let the user decide. That way, you are made aware of what you need and still given the choice how to apply those just recieved marks. :D
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Defend Rh’lhho Station and Mine Trap, regular and elite versions now have the proper cooldown upon completing or leaving the event.

To be honest, i won't mind if this little gem is taken out of the patch.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • albinovampire987albinovampire987 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Honestly I thought it was very irritating that marks were put into boxes that don't stack. After 30 minutes in either of the battle zones, or after a few queues, my inventory is full of both mark boxes and R&D boxes, causing me to stop playing and double click on all of them to clear out the inventory.
    Galactic Horde.
  • pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Especially for those KDF characters that have had assignments stuck since last Friday, including the R&D slots. (...)

Very much this! Otherwise some of my toons will not take part in this CXP Weekend.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,246 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Projectile crafting is broke. Why is this not in the known issues or being acknowledged?
This discussion has been closed.