test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Voyager's Journey Across the Delta Quadrant

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
The U.S.S. Voyager traveled more than 70,000 light years in the span of seven years to return to Earth. This trek across the Delta Quadrant offers the opportunity for us to tell many stories in our upcoming expansion of Delta Rising. From the Talaxian exiles to the Cooperative, there are tons of stories to tell! Read more about Voyager's journey here in our latest dev blog.

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• inkrunnerinkrunner Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What happened to the Krenim? Or are they the new 'mysterious enemy'?

Would be a shame if they were, in my opinion. I'd much rather be allies with them.
    2iBFtmg.png
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I wouldn't say that Voyager travelled across the entire Delta Quadrant due to their numerous uses of alien technology that bypassed large portions of the Delta Quadrant especially the transwarp hub.

Would be interesting to see how the Borg Cooperative has changed over the years. It looks like this will be the only Borg introduced in DR due to the Borg Collective recovering.
    inkrunner wrote: »
    What happened to the Krenim? Or are they the new 'mysterious enemy'?

Would be a shame if they were, in my opinion. I'd much rather be allies with them.

My guess is that the mysterious enemy is some Iconian minion race. My impression of the Krenim is that they are too neutral at the moment and are just as likely to become allies or enemies.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Woot! Lore! *reads*
    You ain't seen nothing yet.
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Does this mean we get MORE today? :p I kind of want to see some lore about what the Cooperative is up to. Also, rough ETA for info about T6 upgrading? Pweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze?
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Cooperative is taking advantage of this temporary respite to attempt to liberate more drones from the Collective, and they’ve allied with other groups of liberated Borg to help them succeed

BORG LOCKBOX!!!!!! lol, you know if it makes money it will happen :D
  • griceneilgriceneil Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    A fleet that shows up, attacks and then disappears is the vadwar
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Yeah I guess we'll have to actually see in october if it actually comes to holodeck lol.
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    My guess is that the mysterious enemy is some Iconian minion race. My impression of the Krenim is that they are too neutral at the moment and are just as likely to become allies or enemies.

My two guesses:

1. Vaadwaur, who make sense as a recently-added servitor race, since their whole story is a mirror of the Iconians (ruling an empire using a secret means of bypassing defenses, being wiped out via orbital bombardment by the people they conquered, and returning to reclaim what they've lost), technologically revitalized by Iconian help (their ships were antiques after all), using underspace and/or gateways to bypass defenses and hit vulnerable facilities.

2. Quarren, who were mentioned in the data files in Sphere of Influence as a servitor candidate. The Iconians would "solve their labor problem" (likely through gifts of advanced drone technology like we've seen the Elachi and Solanae use) in exchange for their brainwashing techniques.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hope we get more Borg content with the Cooperative.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    let me guess: the iconians? it's STO after all...
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • jaguaro70jaguaro70 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Trendy, it was 75,000 Light Years, not 70,000 Light Years that Voyager traveled.
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Moar Please?
  • psyloafpsyloaf Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I can't find the like button for this post!
    Fleet Advanced Research Vessel T6
    Commander Science, Lieutenant Commander Engineering, Lieutenant Commander Universal, Lieutenant Tactical, Ensign Science
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I bet it's Vaadwaur, with iconian help

From MA:
    The Vaadwaur encountered the Borg during their travels, who at the time had assimilated only a handful of star systems. Another of the races they encountered were the Talax-ilzay, the ancestors of modern Talaxians, whose folklore included stories of a "phantom army" that appeared out of thin air and destroyed entire colonies before disappearing.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Delta Rising. We ultimately picked an area starting near the Nekrit Expanse (seen in “Unity”) and extending toward the Alpha Quadrant.

Oh gawd, I just got a bad feeling.

You guys are going to compress the Delta Quadrant into a couple of sector blocks, aren't you? :(
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Something happened in the Delta Quadrant?

Iconians.

But seriously, stop stalling on the T6 ships issue. You know that's what people want to know, your blog release timetable be damned.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    To those who correctly guessed the mystery homeworld would be the Kobali you win a cookie. :)
    The Cooperative is taking advantage of this temporary respite to attempt to liberate more drones from the Collective, and they’ve allied with other groups of liberated Borg to help them succeed.

Hugh's Borg? And maybe those hugenormous liberated ships from The Descent?
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    zulisvel wrote: »
    Hugh's Borg? And maybe those hugenormous liberated ships from The Descent?

These guys: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Borg_Cooperative
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Sounds like Framework for a Liberated Borg Lockbox. :D
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
    edited August 2014
    EDIT: Double post.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    edited August 2014

You guys are going to compress the Delta Quadrant into a couple of sector blocks, aren't you? :(

We know it's going to be a few sector blocks at most. Anyone expecting a super huge thing has false hope.
  • zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited August 2014

/facepalm

I was referring to the line about the Cooperative allying with other groups of liberated borg.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I wish that I could read this in my RSS reader.

**Shakes fist at ARC**
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Since we're going to be meeting the Cooperative and more liberated Borg, does this mean that they'll finally be turning the infected skin into a full body skin? Our Liberated Borg characters really look ridiculous with most of the new clothing options, so coming across the Cooperative would be an entire race with the same issues.

Also, what ever happened with the Krenim? People were polled and the Krenim came out on top (I voted vidiian), so will they be a major player at all, or just a lock box? Either way, will existing Temporal ships benefit at all from having them in game?
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    But seriously, stop stalling on the T6 ships issue. You know that's what people want to know, your blog release timetable be damned.

I bet that they haven't finalized what they're going to do with the current ships yet, and don't want to face the even greater nerdrage when they change things.
  • sboslayersboslayer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have to admit... it's been a long time since i've been excited about this game, with a lack of PVP updates and new story missions.

But, I'll tell ya! I'm soooooo EXCITED!!!! about this hehe :D Really looking forward to it :D I luvvvvv Voyager and am so excited to fly in a T6 intrepid (I just hope it packs much more of a punch than the T5 :P)
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    No one's stalling. They're sticking to the regular dev blog release schedule. Posting orders like that isn't gonna change that.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    griceneil wrote: »
    A fleet that shows up, attacks and then disappears is the vadwar

That, the undine or the demons of light and darkness. Time will tell.
    It's a nice recap though.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited August 2014

LOL I would imagine its just going to be one sector block and its going to have the old DSE's where it sucks you into battle lol. Don't forget it will most likely introduce about 1200 new currencies too since they don't take energy credits or gpl in the delta quadrant :)