Options

Genuine Thanks

2»

Comments

• Options
    induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Oh no call the thought police!

Someone has an opinion that is different from the STO playerbase?

THIS CANNOT BE ALLOWED
    HOW AWFUL. :rolleyes:

Not surprising to me that OP is flamed for having an opinion that is different to everyone elses Heavens forbid that someone is positive for once but the STO community doesn't like that, everyone has to hate Cryptic and bash them everyone has to jump on the Craptic Bandwagon and anyone that has a different opinion gets scolded. it's the STO community way.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Not surprising to me that OP is flamed for having an opinion that is different to everyone elses

What are you talking about? The OP's opinion is so similar to Smirk's it could have been written BY Smirk himself. It's not different from everyone else's. It's quite redundant with more than a few peoples' opinion.

I'm actually surprised you feel the opinion is different. I've read this type of thread on multiple occasions this past month. With pretty much the exact same content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ravancheravanche Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I completely agree with the OP. So far STO is by far the most enjoyable F2P game I've ever played. No ship I've ever bought has suddenly fallen apart when a shiny new ship comes out. There's no content I haven't been locked out of because I don't have a mathematically-perfect A2B build. I have four 50's, and have four more well on their way, because I enjoy the content past "run STF ad nausuem".

The vast majority of the playerbase are nice, quiet people who just play the game. They don't come to the forums, because they have nothing to comment or rant about.

The forums are filled with the tiny fraction of the players that hate change, hate difference, hate new, hate the game system, hate hate hate. Anything that throws off their perfectly-calculated builds by .001% is cause for calls of DOOOOOM and that the devs hate them specifically. They are the poster children when devs refer to gamers as entitled whiners. The forum posts over the last week are a perfect example of why the devs are perfectly justified in ignoring the forums. There's no feedback here. Just whining, hate, gimme-gimmie-gimmie, and bile.

If you hate the system so much, hate the game, and know it isn't going to change to exactly how you want it, go play something else. STO will keep right on cruising along without you, guaranteed.

EDIT: And by "you", I am referring to those entitled whiners, not anyone specifically, and certainly not the OP.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Captains,

Each and every one of you is entitled to your own opinion.

However, we have some rules. One of those is "don't post off topic". The topic for this thread is, "Thanks, Cryptic". We don't need to talk about other threads, or other posters outside of this conversation. Please stay on topic.

Note this does not mean that you have to agree with everyone. But this is not a topic that's open for debate because everyone is entitled to hold their opinions, including the OP. You can't tell them their personal opinions are invalid/bad/wrong/stupid/etc. Arguments are just derailing the thread and that's not cool.

Another rule is, don't troll or flame other forum users. That includes accusing each other of trolling. If you believe someone is flaming and/or trolling, you're supposed to report it and not reply to it.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What are you talking about? The OP's opinion is so similar to Smirk's it could have been written BY Smirk himself. It's not different from everyone else's. It's quite redundant with more than a few peoples' opinion.

I'm actually surprised you feel the opinion is different. I've read this type of thread on multiple occasions this past month. With pretty much the exact same content.
    So OP is a Cryptic conspiracy to pat themselves on the back? Let me go get my tin foil hat.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    And what did I just say about off-topic posts?

Last unofficial warning.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    ussinterceptussintercept Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    No, they don't have to come in at all. That's what DOOOOM threads are for.

And yet so many go into DOOM threads to troll the OP...

Funny the Moderators are taking it easy on this thread because its kissing up..If this was a DOOOOM thread it be locked already.
  • Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thank you cryptic for making a simply awful game and being nothing more than a cancer spot (no offense to anyone even though it doesn't sound that way....)

Anyway game has flaws but it's mostly positive for me....

Thank you cryptic!
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    darthlokidarthloki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    thank you cryptic,pwe for making this game sure it is flawed but for me it is mostly positive for me and quite enjoy this game keep up the good work
  • Options
    fenr00kfenr00k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Mods: I've been in your position in the past. It's a VERY difficult and thankless task, and one I personally wouldn't accept ever again. So whether I agree with you or not, respect on doing a difficult job.

Devs: I've only been playing since season 7. I take short breaks every now and then, usually if I've overdone grinding for something like an event ship or similar (grinding for the Dyson Science Destroyer sent me on a serious rest from the game). However I always return because like some people here I actually enjoy playing this game, if I didn't then I simply wouldn't, and would leave both the game and the forums (have done so in the past with many different MMOs). So yeah, thanks for your continuing efforts. I may not like them all, but none have been game breaking for me, still love the game. Every game has it's flaming ranters, and the more you respond to them, the more they lay into you, so I know full well that engaging with your players on a forum directly isn't always a good idea, and can leave you feeling burned out and tired of bothering. So yeah, thanks for not giving into this.

Those who disagree with this, that's your prerogative, however I honestly don't really care as my post wasn't written for you anyway.
  • Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    And what did I just say about off-topic posts?

hahah, I pictured a single mom with her obese kids at wall-mart reading that "what did I JUST TELL YOU!!!11"

I'd like to thank them for leveling during mirror event when that was still allowed, STF before s. 7 and also thanks for aceton assimilator and plasmonic leech.

Thanks for the best f2p model there is and thanks for LoR that I didnt personally liked but a lot of people enjoyed.

/edit

ps. thanks for the character customization too
  • Options
    forcemajeureforcemajeure Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Agreed, THANK YOU Cryptic, Community Managers and Moderators for making a game WELL worth playing! Either in total F2P or Life Sub mode (I have played both), Star Trek Online is an excellent and engaging game.

There is no game out there that doesn't have its' fair share of flaws, anything developed over years with millions of lines of code is going to. Also Star Trek by its' very nature can't please all its' fans.

Despite this I have 8 captains flying around who ALL have too much stuff to do for me to even keep in focus what each one is supposed to do next. 5 Fed, 3 KDF with some Roms on each side. I sometimes hang around wondering what I should do next, not because of 'lack of content' but simply because I can't decide which of all the things I *could* do I 'want' to do. :)

I would contribute more in forums and often think of threads I would like to start, but then the game loads and I am off making EC, farming Dil, playing storyline, checking out a sector of space I haven't been to before, picking one of the many odd ships I have lying around and pimping it up to try out an STF, or just checking through a captain I haven't played in a while to see what he hasn't finished yet.

I enjoy the space and ground combat. Is it the best at both? Maybe not, it's still fun. Do I get annoyed at certain small issues with both? Yes, just like every other on-line game I have played in the past 25 years. Is it still fun anyway? Yes, yes it is.

So thank you again for a well written, nicely crafted, interesting and enjoyable space adventure set in the Star Trek universe. My next post may well be a "bring my exploration clusters back you noodniks!" but for now, KUDOS ON A GAME WELL DONE!

And as I often do when I see a commercial product that I like and wish to see stick around, I sent my very first thank-you in the form of a cheque (in this case, a lifetime sub). Because you can congratulate or complain about a game all you like, but if no one is paying the devs you ain't gonna have much to talk about (looks sadly at the CoH icons still on his desktop).

(Oh yes, and thanks also to all the little haters who jump in these threads with such toxic BS that devs in general can barely stand to look at their own forums, and who then scream 'y u no listen us in forums devs!!1@!' It's you who make forums what they are today...)
  • Options
    solomacesolomace Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014

(Oh yes, and thanks also to all the little haters who jump in these threads with such toxic BS that devs in general can barely stand to look at their own forums, and who then scream 'y u no listen us in forums devs!!1@!' It's you who make forums what they are today...)

Lol, the same could be said for any thread that is not happy about something, you will find the "little CDFers " jump onto those threads and start to to work their magic and of course get the thread shut down.

The haters and the CDFers, spit the same amount of bile and in the end Cryptic wants their money just as much as yours, so posts like these mean didley.

Do you really think the Devs don't visit theses forums because they don't like what people say in them? Nah, it's because they have either been told by PWE, that they don't work like that and they prefer limited interaction, or they generally don't "want" to the forums because they don't care.

Do the devs regularly talk on the NW forums or Champs? What about their other Mmos? I don't play them so I don't know.
    Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
  • Options
    risingstar2009risingstar2009 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'll add in my thanks as well.

I've been in the game since Season 2 came out (and I still remember when you had to spec in to a specific ship class for an Engineering Skill). While I haven't always cared for some of the content, nor some of the update changes, I am happy to see the game progress forward since PWE took it over.

It took a little while, but the first major update, Legacy of Romulus, was a huge hit in my eyes. I even bought the Pre-Release Legacy Pack for it. Do I wish that the Rom Republic had been a full-blown stand-alone faction instead of being forced to choose a side? Yes. But I understand the reasoning behind why it was done the way it was done.

I wasn't a big fan of the previous crafting systems. I only maxed it out on 1 character each time simply because there wasn't anything truly rewarding about it. The current system with the 9.5 update does have its flaws, but I see it as massive improvement over the previous systems. And, I am doing the 20/hr missions to level mine. Sure it make take me awhile, but its not meant to be the MAIN objective of the game.

With the upcoming Delta Rising, I have waited 4 years for the level cap to increase. I don't know of any other MMO that has not had an increase for that long of a period, whether it be 5 levels or 10 (granted, I don't play many other MMO's as I barely have time for STO, but I do listen to my friends and family members who play other games). With the new levels, comes new gear and ships. I have seen some of the artwork and am waiting patiently for the coding to hit Tribble to be able to test them out.

Again, Thank you Cryptic and PWE for Star Trek Online.
    Star Trek Battles: For those who want to Play Star Trek Online as it WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

Our Battles
  • Options
    captrott1captrott1 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    While the game does have it's flaws, over all I think they have created something unique that in many ways captures Star Trek. I purchased a Life-time subscription back when the game was in Beta and have purchased the occasional thing over the year.

The Romulan expansion was great in my opinion and I hold hope that the Delta Rising expansion will have just as much attention to detail.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have to say that the Foundry is one of the most fun things I've seen in any game. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Agreed, THANK YOU Cryptic, Community Managers and Moderators for making a game WELL worth playing! Either in total F2P or Life Sub mode (I have played both), Star Trek Online is an excellent and engaging game.

Need to be more specific. For instance, I would thank DStahl for implementing Diplomacy, and making the game feel more Star Trek like, way back when. That was a really noble effort.

What specifically are you thanking the CMs and Mods for doing to make STO good? Like what ships or systems did they work on?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    forcemajeureforcemajeure Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I consider the 'community atmosphere' not only an important part of any game, but one of the most important parts.

When I see PWELaughingTrendy heading into Risa to field questions, or forum managers (and game devs) participating in constructive ways in the forums, or even just posting blogs and info to keep in touch with the player base, I feel that is an important part of the overall game experience.

You may feel that ships need to be involved, or cool weapons. I feel that communication and feedback is just as important as those. A good job on those is still important, if not quite so impactful as making the next release look and play well.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I forgot to say...

Thanks for the Memories.

I've had a lot of great times playing this game for the last 4.5 years and hope we both continue for many more.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Time for some "loyal player" to post a doom thread that has no footing in the game. TRIBBLE

Been There, Done That...
    Made a video and bought the t-shirt.

I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I consider the 'community atmosphere' not only an important part of any game, but one of the most important parts.

I'm not sure the community atmosphere out of the game is one of the most important parts of the game.

In the game, yeah, it has an impact. But out of the game, say in the forums? I mean, there's been many a poster and developer who has been quick to point out that the forums simply don't represent enough of the player base. Keeping that oft-cited statistic in mind, I'm not convinced the community atmosphere here on the forums can be considered one of "most important" parts of the game.
    When I see PWELaughingTrendy heading into Risa to field questions, or forum managers (and game devs) participating in constructive ways in the forums, or even just posting blogs and info to keep in touch with the player base, I feel that is an important part of the overall game experience.

My experience with the game is, maybe, I'm just guessing, shaded by a longer list of people. I've been through Jack, Zinc, Stahl as head honchos hyping the game before D'Angelo.

I've been through Stormshade, Wishstone, Stormshade again, and Branflakes before Trendy and Smirk.

I've been a part of this community when there was a lot more participation and communication and it was a lot more constructive and fostered a bit more spirit and warmth than currently.

Which in the past, I've thanked them for.

Currently the efforts I see right now don't move the needle when compared to past efforts. So while I agree, participation can have a positive impact, I've seen the participation and the quality of the communication dip.

That being said, I'm not at all sure how the forum moderators do anything to impact the game at all. (Again, refer back to the commentary about how the forums don't represent much of the population).
    You may feel that ships need to be involved, or cool weapons. I feel that communication and feedback is just as important as those. A good job on those is still important, if not quite so impactful as making the next release look and play well.

I feel that way because it's a larger aspect of the experience. And because it's something that is in the game.

Consider this.

A new player can get this game for free. Download it. Play it. And go from the beginning to the end. And never once ever visit the forums. Or go to the Facebook or Twitter feeds of Trendy.

So they'd miss out on every single little bit ever posted about the game.

And thus their game would never ever be impacted by things you just cited as the "most important" part of the game.

But that same new player could buy a key off the exchange. Open a lockbox. Get a Xindi Acquatic Carrier. And go freakin-A-bonkers about how awesome that was and how much they love the game.

Because stuff that's in the game, has a bigger impact on people who play the game, than anything Trendy ever posts on Twitter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nachtfangennachtfangen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

In the year 2014, is that really all that new a system?

;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Where you been... that actually started with ATARI as the Boss.

It's just that PWE is much better at it than ATARI ever was or ever could have been.

At least PWE lets them keep a supply of coffee cups in the office.

• Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited August 2014

sauce please, preferably with context. Any idiot can quote Geko saying something bad about players but petty much every case of that has been where the players were either actually wrong about something or simply unknowledgeable about what they were crying over.
  • Options
    fenr00kfenr00k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014

What, you think that ANY commercial games developer does it purely for the love of it?

Every single commercial games company in the world is in it for the money, of course they are. Without the money it wouldn't be a BUSINESS. Developing games isn't a charity you know.

It doesn't change the fact that they've created a game that some of us enjoy a lot, and that we want to thank them for this. The why to some of us is less important.

Besides, if you dislike the game and it's devs so much, why are you still here posting on THEIR forums? Oh yeah, that's right, because you enjoy the trolling far more.... :P

I'd rather be a boot licker myself, than a troll (especially a troll who just repeats the same bilge as every other troll on here...), any day. So to the OP I say, take been called a boot licker as a compliment, at least it makes a change from been a sheep brained troll. ;)
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Interesting choice of insults. First I would enjoy hearing how you think I stand to gain anything from thanking anyone, including the developers here, by stating thanks?

As for bootpolishing, not in twenty years since my tour ended.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So to the OP I say, take been called a boot licker as a compliment, at least it makes a change from been a sheep brained troll.

Sheep-brained troll and sheep-brained fanboi...pretty much the same thing.
  • Options
    crabbycabbycrabbycabby Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I would like to join the OP in saying Thank You.

For all the hours of fun and relief from the pain that is my real life.

Keep up the good work.

Thank you
    Proudly F2P
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Sheep-brained troll and sheep-brained fanboi...pretty much the same thing.

Along that same vein...

"Haters gonna Hate"

Isn't it wonderful how almost everybody can be crammed into some insulting category or another.

Too bad folks don't use all that pent-up energy for something more useful or entertaining.

:rolleyes: