test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Help with my Bortasqu Build

eldest13eldest13 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Klingon Discussion
I love the Bortasqu, its one of my favorite ships in the game.

Heres my build. Niw this is my first build on this Klingon Characer so be nice.

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=klingbortbuild_0

There it is. Help me please.

I want my bortasqu to be amazing.:D
Post edited by eldest13 on

Comments

• Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    without breaking the bank and in the order of importance, imo:

did you buy the 3-pack? if so, consider using the sci variant for its sensor analysis.
    i would drop the turrets from the aft and replace them with beams. imo youre wasting your highest ranked tac power on two turrets...
    i know its sounds trite, but a2b/faw, techs.
    i would replace those 2 armour consoles with engi consoles from the mine. rcs +res or armour +turn
    i would grab an [amp] core.
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Pve or pvp?
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    without breaking the bank and in the order of importance, imo:

did you buy the 3-pack? if so, consider using the sci variant for its sensor analysis.
    i would drop the turrets from the aft and replace them with beams. imo youre wasting your highest ranked tac power on two turrets...
    i know its sounds trite, but a2b/faw, techs.
    i would replace those 2 armour consoles with engi consoles from the mine. rcs +res or armour +turn
    i would grab an [amp] core.

This.

Also, I hate to be the party spoiler, but the Bortasqu being 'amazing' is an unreal expectation(the Mogh is a superior ship in almost every way). It's something for people who like their ship to be a bit ornery and bite back when you try to wrestle with it(I love mine). Resect and learn the weaknesses of the beast, and she will treat you well.
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If you want the LtCMDR slot for tac, I would go with Mogh for LtCDR+ENS+UniLT or the Fleet Tor'Kaht for the LtCDR+LT. Both will grant you far better results than the Borty for the same setup.

Aside from that, as already mentioned, your boff skills need tweaking.
  • Options
    arilouskiffarilouskiff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    In terms of gear, that's a really weird setup. (why the heavy bio-molecular disrupor turrent but nothing else? If nothing else get the 2-piece set bonus for the extra disruptor damage)
  • Options
    ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Because the bort has such a slow turn rate, I don't recommend using cannons or turrets. I've run that config before. It can blow something up in a hurry in that kind of configuration, but you'll spend more time turning the ship to the next target than shooting, which ends up wasting damage. The Mogh/ Avenger, with a turn rate listed as 9, is the slowest thing I can honestly say works with a dual heavy cannon setup, the exception being the scimitar with a similar turn rate when cloaked.

If you want PvE/ STF setup, below is my advice.
    1. Beam arrays.
    2. According to your build you put up using the skill planner, you have 3 EPTx abilities. You either need only 2 of one kind of EPTx ability without DOFFs to get constant cycling of that 1 ability, 4 (2 of one kind and 2 of another) without DOFFs to get constant cycling between the two EPTx abilities, or 2 ( 1 of one kind and 1 of another) different EPTx abilities with three damage control engineer DOFFs to lower cooldowns.
    Either replace EPTE1 with a second ET1 and use 3 DCE's for EPTS2 and EPTW3, or use EPTW2 and 3 and use the active duty space roster slots for something else. Judging by only having one tactical team listed in your build, I assume you are already using 2 conn officers for TT cooldown, so 3 DCEs would make 5 slots used. If you got the DCE's, then use them with 2 EPTx abilities
    3. Since you should have switched to all beams, replace CRF with another attack pattern.

That should be a good start for you.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Took into account everthing you said.
    Changed to the Command Version.
    Changed the Turrets out and did some other modifications.
    This build isnt in the game as of now, just wanted some more info before I make it final.
    Thanks in advance.
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=klingbortbuild20_0
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    eldest13 wrote: »

3 EPTx abilities is not optimal for PvE. Are you looking for a PvP build or PvE?

In PvE, most everything is predictable. By predicting what is going to happen, you can begin maneuvers early and minimize the need for extra turn rate and speed.
    I cut my teeth, so to speak, on big slow cruisers when I started playing STO, including the Bort. So you can get away from needing EPTE in the build if you can anticipate things.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Thanks. That EPTE was a mistake. If I dont have it, what should I replace it with.
    Other than that the build is final and I have started to replace things.

Thanks to everyone.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Try using engineering team in replacement of EPTE1. If you need that "oh TRIBBLE!" button ability, drop EPTS2 down to EPTS1 and use RSP1 in that lieutenant level engineering ability instead. It's got a long cooldown, so you have to be the judge of whether your play style suits more consistent and often heals like double ET1 or whether a less often, save your *** skill like RSP1 would be a better fit.