test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[bug] Commodity Broker Temev & Foreman Kylor (jerky choices in dialogue boxes)

malazancommandermalazancommander Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Just now, I am speaking with the Commodity Broker Temev (on Starbase 39-Sierra) and the choices jerk around, as if there wasn't enough space in the dialogue box. The same thing happens with Foreman Kylor (on New Romulus). Basically, it's extremely difficult to choose an option, let alone read any of them. This same problem probably appears with other characters, but so far, these are the two people I've had trouble with.

Basically, there might be an option to choose from, and the last word on that sentence keeps wanting to be on the first line, as opposed to the second line, where it actually belongs. At the same time, it keeps wanting to be on the second line. Because of this, the last word will keep trying to be on both lines, making for a jerky and unreadable line, which in turn affects the other dialogue boxes' options by making them just as jerky.

For example, this is the original option in the first slot from Temev's dialogue box:

"What aid is needed in the Khazan
Cluster?"

But then, as if the last word wants to jump on the first line, it tries to force itself on the first line as such:

"What aid is needed in the Khazan Cluster?"

I have a 17" monitor, if that helps. This bug seems to have appeared with patch 9 or 9.5 (not sure, though 9.5 is more likely).

EDIT: This also happens with the "mission tracker" upon either an added/updated objective.

EDIT: This also happens with Toreth, the one giving out the mission "New Romulus: Isha Forest Epohh Collection"
Post edited by malazancommander on

Comments

• Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It also happens ever time I go to the mining asteroid and talk to the NPC to turn in a mining claim. Only in the window when I have the choice to turn in a claim the whole text options get really jerky. I've also seen it happen in story episodes at least once or twice but I can't remember which episode(s) it happened.
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It happens also with the Epohh Girl on New Rom for me, it's nearly impossible to select the tagging assignment, though it seems to settle down, after you hand in the assignment ... I've also noticed my "Mission List" will sometimes do the same thing, bouncing up and down if you have more than 1 or 2 active missions sometimes ....

It's like the UI can't decide whether to put a scroll bar in or not, as if it's sitting at 1.001, and the code says 1.0 = no scroll bar, 1.1 insert scroll bar, but it cant calculate more than 2 decimal places, so it goes crazy!
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    malazancommandermalazancommander Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    @monkeybone13, I haven't been there except once (I think). So, I didn't have the opportunity to see it there.

bendalek wrote: »
    It happens also with the Epohh Girl on New Rom for me, it's nearly impossible to select the tagging assignment, though it seems to settle down, after you hand in the assignment ... I've also noticed my "Mission List" will sometimes do the same thing, bouncing up and down if you have more than 1 or 2 active missions sometimes ....

It's like the UI can't decide whether to put a scroll bar in or not, as if it's sitting at 1.001, and the code says 1.0 = no scroll bar, 1.1 insert scroll bar, but it cant calculate more than 2 decimal places, so it goes crazy!

I've been grinding two of my characters to be honest, maybe it also happened to me, but I don't remember. Though, yes, the epohh girl, I remember that as well.
  • Options
    ddemlongddemlong Member Posts: 294
    edited August 2014
    It also happens ever time I go to the mining asteroid and talk to the NPC to turn in a mining claim. Only in the window when I have the choice to turn in a claim the whole text options get really jerky. I've also seen it happen in story episodes at least once or twice but I can't remember which episode(s) it happened.

Same here, It happens every time with the Rich Dilith mining Ferengi. I haven't seen it anywhere else. Then again I have not been epoh tagging or at the other brokers.
    I use to do 100K DPS, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Your Ramming Speed III deals 242658 (243540) Kinetic Damage (Critical) to you.