What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where do YOU park your toons?

Comments

• Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Where I "park" my characters depends on where I am at when I want to change characters or log off.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,321 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    adverbero wrote: »
    Holodeck at Starfleet Academy, I'm going to be running the same simulations ( repetative PVEs ) over and over, makes sense my character has been stuck in a Holodeck for weeks

That explains the environmental hazard alert at SFA
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tucana66 wrote: »
    Given the many social zones (and the many areas of the game to get DOff missions), where do YOU like to park your toons?

A recent development: Undine Battlezone. Near the Alpha Planet Killer / the two Romulan capture points. There is a dyson sphere building that actually has some kind of hangar/docking bay space, and you can fly into it. I like to park my ships there. AT least for characters that are still looking for Undine marks or those iso/meta/whatever injections.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    That explains the environmental hazard alert at SFA

Well if they can't disengage the safety protocol and open the door someone could at least add a sonic shower to the simulation program
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    tgo533tgo533 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Really surprised not more people park at the contraband security officer lol.

I have 2 klingons that never go home and fly around getting contraband all day. The others sit in front of the security officer and wait for the shipment of contraband to be put in the account bank.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well that is Klingons for you. Every time they sneeze they blow Contraband out of their nodes. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My main fed camps out on esd usually somewhere between personal requisitions and the bank.
    My romfed often camps out on esd in the same spot or on ds9 by the security officer.
    My fedsci is almost exclusively camped in the allied zone of the dyson sphere, I only move from there to sell loot.
    And my Klingon is almost exclusively camped out in by qonos in sector space.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • Options
    cbob312cbob312 Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Either in space or at Ds9 or Dyson command. I prefer space as my system is unstable so I try and limit zone changes to delay crashing.
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    K7 as all the services are grouped together in one room instead of having to run all over the place.
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    K7 it;s been my mains home sense leveling and got the diplomatic transwarps

actually during the romulan arc i would still go to K7 to do every thing at then fly all the way back over to starbase 39 lol
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I usually park mine on board ship (that is their "home", after all) or at Fleet Starbase.
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Mine are scattered all over the galaxy, but most on ESD.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Golden Gate Park, but forgot where??? :confused:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Deep Space 9 AKA Home Sweet Home

:)

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I pretty much keep them at their main hubs unless I travel somewhere, which is very rare these days with being able to transwarp to everywhere important.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I park my toons at Uranus.
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Nowadays its usually Dyson Command.

Handy for the services and a nice range of doff missions.

However, I have periodic mining binges, so DS9 becomes the home base for that.
  • Options
    captaincrane73captaincrane73 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Golden Gate Park, but forgot where??? :confused:

The Cardassian Minister for the Refutation of Bajoran Fairy Tales (I dig that avatar) made me laugh. Thank you. Back on topic, I like to park at DS9.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    DS9. the bank/ex/contra is close to the transport point on the station, the vlugta is close in space, and cardassian sectors have the best doff missions (haggle, very rare asylums, officer exchanges). the only things i have to go back ESD/Academy if i want to retrain boffs or recruit white doffs.
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Most of mine live near new rom. The non-roms have to vendor and bank at nimbus, which is not too bad. The reason is the freighter jobs are fairly common in that sector, for contraband, nimbus has GPL wheel, its central to the universe more or less, etc.
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Beta Ursae, just over the Fleet Dilithium Mine.

Beta Ursae has some of the best doff mission selection in the game, especially when you include Department Heads. The Doff Exchange, Prisoner Exchange, Caitian recruitment etc. provides me with tons of good rare/very rare doffs to sell. Plus, there are some other decent missions to be found, providing dilithium, R&D materials, prisoners, alien artifacts etc.

I beam down to the Fleet Mine for Bank/Exchange/Mail access, as well as the Mining Doff missions. From there I can transwarp to the Fleet Starbase where I can access doff recruitment missions, sell stuff to the vendor (barman), buy more doffs for starbase projects, and visit the security officer to turn contraband and prisoners into dilithium.

The only drawback is the map transfers, which may take a while. Otherwise I find BU to be the best place to "park".
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Great topic! Generally at the home planet, but that's probably not very realistic.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    sirokk wrote: »
    Usually at ESD in the bathrooms in back of the Tailor's area.

Bathroom?? THAT'S the Dressing rooms!!! :eek:

Anyway, where ever I happen to be when needed elsewhere. . . Though I will be avoiding the dressing rooms now. . .

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    feiqa wrote: »
    Bathroom?? THAT'S the Dressing rooms!!! :eek:

Anyway, where ever I happen to be when needed elsewhere. . . Though I will be avoiding the dressing rooms now. . .

hahahahahahahahahaahahaha this killed me.....especially cause its true hahhahahahahahahahaaha
  • Options
    ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Before 9.5

Main - Closest Federation Starbase to whatever he's up to.
    KDF - wherever the Doffing takes him.
    Science/Crafting character - Memory Alpha or a Star Cluster, fairly often.
    Trading/Bank character - Drozana - sometimes left at K7 if I just vendor-trashed alot of stuff.

After 9.5

Main - same as before
    KDF - same as before
    Science/Crafting character - been at Starfleet Academy 95% of the time
    Trading/Bank character - Risa resort

That said - my Fed side characters each have a story of sorts - so my Ferengi Trader's been doing pretty well, so I moved him into better digs and broke out the luxury cruiser.
  • Options
    gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Atm. Tau Dewa space, because it has recruitment missions.
  • Options
    sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    All of my guys hang out in Dyson Joint Command except for my new Rommie I am leveling. He hangs out at New Romulus Command Center in between play sessions.
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • Options
    sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    overlapo wrote: »
    Captain's table. At least I found an use for it...
    It was better when it had a ship selector, but it still has the basics... bank, mail, exchange, trash buyer and peace and quiet.

So they claim that they don't know what to do with the Captain's Table, but they take things away from it.

Sorry for the off-topic but...

I believe that the Captain's Table was, in all fairness, was something that they could not use the way that they intended due to actor rights and likenesses restrictions that are in the Foundry EULA. So now it sits there and they haven't decided if they want to get rid of it yet or not - most likely go the way of the Doo-doo (or STO's equivalent, the Exploration Clusters, if you will.)

Since it's a LTS perk, they should just ADD things like free Transwarp to anywhere, all Fleet transwarp destinations, etc and keep all the other basis stuff.

As they are doing VOs for the major episodes, they should take the opportunity to get agreements from the actors to use their likenesses there to start building it up to what it was supposed to be.
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You know, for a little bit it was just outside one of the T-Rex spawn points in the Dyson BZ. So when I logged in, and the pew pew was on, then tag/assist FTW.

Then getting there started to turn into a PITA. So now I log off where I stop. :P
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thanks, everyone, for continuing to share on this topic!

I expected to see more players leaving their toons where they would pick up DOff assignments. Instead, we had a broader mix of role playing (such as parking in drydocks, within ship interiors); stopping wherever the mission started (or ended); and even a bathroom, er... changing room!

(I'll never look at the ESD tailor's office the same way again...)

Keep the thread alive: Where do YOU park your toon(s)?