test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The new crafting torpedo and mine mods seem to be broken

pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,191 Arc User
edited August 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
No new mods seem to be appearing for crafting torpedos and mines and the mod Pen which should be torpedo and mines only is appearing on energy weapons.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Not necessarily a case that the [Pen] was supposed to be Projectile only, and Hawk gave the probability of getting the mods you wanted in another thread that suggests that it is not Projectile only...but yeah, Projectiles have none of the special mods - been brought up oodles of times, but they've got all sorts of things they're trying to fix...meh.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    It is kind of curious, thinking about it...

[Acc]
    [CrtD]
    [CrtH]
    [Dmg]

[Pen]
    [PvP Dmg]
    [PvP Res]
    [Snare]
    [Thrust]

[Over] Beams / [Rapids] Cannons

Would provide that 0.25*0.25*0.1 for the odds of getting all three mods you want that Hawk mentioned in that other thread...

...but only for Beams/Cannons.

If the [Pen] became Projectile only, then the formula Hawk gave would be off, eh?

Leaves me to wonder if there is a Projectile only mod that's missing along with the Projectiles not having access to the other mods...or...meh, are Projectiles not going to have access to the mods.

I hope it's a case of there being an additional Projectile mod we do not know about and that Projectile will actually be able to be crafted with the special mods.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    While I doubt it's happened, has anybody actually gotten one of the special mods on a Projectile? It's nothing I saw with any of the torps I created over on Tribble, and I made a bunch of them...cause, well - I like torps...wheeee!

I know that torps are way down...way down...break out the electron microscope way down on the list of stuff; and it's not a case of screaming, "FIX IT NAO!" - but rather just a case of taking a look at some builds down the road and wondering which way to go with them...

One of those, "Yes, it's broken - but a fix isn't coming for a long time." or "No, it's not broken." sort of things would be amazing to know. Sure, I know folks might not be happy with either answer, but although I tend to be impatient and spammy with questions at times...well, I'm kind of easy to please with any sort of answer, eh? Cause at least then I know what I should do...rather than being caught in that kind of limbo thing.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I have done nothing but craft high level torpedoes and mines all day every day. At level 12 crafting I spent a day crafting low level projectiles to see if could get the mods. Still nothing. Also checked the exchange daily and zero items.

It’s also worth mentioning mines are a total waste of time to craft. The cost to craft a mine is around x10 more than the best purple mines is worth. The tactical projectile consoles also cost way more then what you can sell them for. But what do I expect when we are still missing certain fleet mines from the store after over a year.

At the moment projectile crafting is totally out of balance and a waste of time. I tried to bring this up with the devs during testing but no response. Why spend 1+ million to craft a single item with random mods when you can buy the item with the precise mods you want for 300k or less on the exchange?

EDIT: In short after weeks of crafting all day I have to say its broken. I am also finding it hard to break even as everything costs x10 more to craft then what its worth. A MK XII mine is not worth the same as a MK XII beam array but both cost the same to craft. Its a crasy system.
  • Options
    kiednorkiednor Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Please fix:) I got to level 15 with no sign of any unique mods and no word yet it being fixed or even acknowledge that there is current problem for projectiles. I love projectiles and I hope this would bring new ways to promote projectile gameplay. Thank you!

EDIT: Ever since the mention of New MK items my projectiles made zero sells. I hope there is something we can look foreward to before DELTA RISING xp2.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Another 3 days of crafting and still no luck :(

Cannot buy Transphasic mines in the fleet store due to bugs, cannot craft torpedoes or mines with new mods :(. The cost to craft is out of balance a mine should not cost the same as a beam array. Going to look at costs in a moment will post results later.

EDIT:
    Cost to buy a Purple MK XII mine with the precise mods you want 30k to 100k.

Cost to craft a Purple MK XII mine aprox 3 million, 4500 Dilithum random mods.

Why would anyone bother crafting . 100k v 3million and Dilithum!!!
  • Options
    kiednorkiednor Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    Another 3 days of crafting and still no luck :(

Cannot buy Transphasic mines in the fleet store due to bugs, cannot craft torpedoes or mines with new mods :(. The cost to craft is out of balance a mine should not cost the same as a beam array. Going to look at costs in a moment will post results later.

EDIT:
    Cost to buy a Purple MK XII mine with the precise mods you want 30k to 100k.

Cost to craft a Purple MK XII mine aprox 3 million, 4500 Dilithum random mods.

Why would anyone bother crafting . 100k v 3million and Dilithum!!!

Ye I hope they look at the prices.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Another day of crafting none stop with 4 slots and still zero mods. I must have crafted 50 torps now. :( can we please get a dev comment.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Now spent 100million on crafting projectiles and made a grand total of 1million from selling what I crafted. That’s not even counting the Dilithum costs :( Still zero new mods. This system is so broken and useless.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Another level up, a few game patchs and its still broken. Any chance of a fix?