test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tour The Galaxy is broken *Verified*

birzarkbirzark Member Posts: 634 Arc User
edited August 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I just tried to run Tour the galaxy , the first time in 9.5 and most of the sectors even when passing directly down the center don't register as you flying through it. Also there are a lot of times when there wasn't any indication that you went through the sector like the yellow circle on the mini-map to know it registered. The whole thing is completely broken and you are unable to get any credit to finish a sector.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Might be a setup-related issue; I just ran the mission this morning with no issues on my Rom/KDF alt...
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Might be a setup-related issue; I just ran the mission this morning with no issues on my Rom/KDF alt...

Setup? I'm not sure what you mean by that, also i ran it with someone else and they had the same issue i had.
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    By setup, I meant installation or patch issues; sometimes program files get corrupted & stop working.
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    bbushwookiebbushwookie Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Working fine on my end. Might be an installation or patch issue like centaurianalpha said.
    Space chatter is soothing~
  • Options
    kazamiyukarinkazamiyukarin Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My friend and I just played this mission and are having the same problem. We can get the game to recognize us entering a sector when we come from another sector block (i.e. the Xarantine Sector in Regulus to the Donatu Sector in Eta Eridani), but not when we fly through the sectors in the same sector block (i.e. Aldebaran Sector to the Donatu Sector). This appears to be broken.
    Call me Yuka~
    ~Vice Admiral Saskia - U.S.S. Muenzuka (Dyson Science Destroyer)~
    ~Lieutenant General Kalinka - I.K.S. Kazami (Negh'Var Heavy Battlecruiser)~
    ~Vice Admiral Lorel - R.R.W. Aureus Aquila (Mirror Mogai Heavy Warbird)~
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    birzark wrote: »
    Setup? I'm not sure what you mean by that, also i ran it with someone else and they had the same issue i had.
    My friend and I just played this mission and are having the same problem. We can get the game to recognize us entering a sector when we come from another sector block (i.e. the Xarantine Sector in Regulus to the Donatu Sector in Eta Eridani), but not when we fly through the sectors in the same sector block (i.e. Aldebaran Sector to the Donatu Sector). This appears to be broken.

You both were teamed with someone else while running it? That's never worked properly, to my knowledge.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    anodynes wrote: »
    You both were teamed with someone else while running it? That's never worked properly, to my knowledge.

It seems your right, i ran it by myself yesterday and it worked just fine. Was trying to show someone the way i ran the tour to backtrack as little as possible to finish the whole thing.
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The real tour like it's used to be is broken since 25th of july 2013. Unfortunatly this is only a ghost of the tour which has been broken, again.

Sorry guys, had to say it. I hope it gets fixed for you lot, fast.
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2014
    Verified that the mission does not work when teamed. Thanks for the reports.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It was my understanding that the Tour didn't allow teaming in order to prevent exploits. e.g. you run the Sirius block while your friend runs the Alpha Centauri block, and 3 other people on your team run Reg, GO/Pel, IP, etc. and you finish the entire tour in 2 minutes.

Granted, now that the Tour has been ultra-nerfed into a daily, who cares, since it can't be run multiple times in a day, much less multiple times in an hour like you used to be able to do. Hmm, so yeah, given the current functionality of the Tour, might as well call it a bug and allow teaming.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Verified that the mission does not work when teamed. Thanks for the reports.

Wait, is it supposed to work when you are teamed? See mightybobcnc's explanation.
    It was my understanding that the Tour didn't allow teaming in order to prevent exploits. e.g. you run the Sirius block while your friend runs the Alpha Centauri block, and 3 other people on your team run Reg, GO/Pel, IP, etc. and you finish the entire tour in 2 minutes.

When you visit a sector, is it supposed to give credit only to you and not your teammates?
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png