test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (July 31, 2014) [Complete]

Comments

• diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I just took all my characters to the Dabo tables to make sure each has enough GPL to buy a nullifier as soon as the patch goes live. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Beam Overload ALWAYS do critical hits now??? ow, if pvp players were complaining about BO in the past, now this is going to be a sodoma and gomorra lol!.

Some needed fixes, but in general terms, as always, the most important things are left out of the candle. Keep going, good job.. cryptic. I mean it!!
    edited July 2014
    goddard22 wrote: »

Yup, they are cool to promote the final stage of pvp. I wonder who think in these changes , they lack of complete sense at all. Well, we can only think that cryptic wants to get rid of pvp once for all. But oh wait, they removed exploration clusters, they nerfed the doff system, now they finally destroy for good the pvp system, i wonder what will be next lol?.
    edited July 2014
    rezking wrote: »
    Really?
    This is so sad.

Actually i love it. Finally i can be inmune to all those stupid party things out there that are completely senseless. Now the only thing we need is it to actually work... :o
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    atlantra wrote: »
    Heck I might even play STO PVP again just for LOL's.

Heck, they tell me you're in the PvP queues, I might do PvP just for LOLs also:
    http://tinypic.com/m/i5de77/3
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    bi0f0dd3r wrote: »
    >>>Cluster based missions still rotating on a 20hr Dept Head timer....Not listed as a known issue,
    is this really a bug/oversight or is this new behavior that's working as intended and simply never
    mentioned?

I believe that Crypticfrost's also sent this in to be worked on, although I can't find his comment off the top of my head.
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    swamarian wrote: »
    I believe that Crypticfrost's also sent this in to be worked on, although I can't find his comment off the top of my head.

In this thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1172851

No mention of it in the patch notes, nor that it is a known issue, though

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • gryphonsatyr42gryphonsatyr42 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Does this also nullify Emergency Power to Party bonuses? It should... but does it?

I hope so... if you don't dance, you shouldn't get the bonus.
  • malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Craylon Gas now has a chance to be rewarded in the Elite Queues Rh’lhho Station, Mine Trap.

Are they elite by nature? Because they don't say "elite."

No, they made new Elite queues for these four. And presumably up the difficulty in some way, probably either by upping the hit points of NPCs or having more of them. I don't know, didn't have a chance to try them out on Tribble. But either way, bring your A game.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • lebtronlebtron Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Now we need crit overflow. Crit chance over 100% should convert into crit severity! Or we should get double crits! And in half a year tripple crits!
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lordkasu wrote: »
    Really cryptic? What were you drinking, eating, smoking, injecting when you thought automatic crits would be totally awesome for pvp?

Because less than 1% of the game's population PvPs and as such they just don't care about it.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I really hope the party amplifier is like 100k GPL.
    Maintenance has begun! I'll post again in about 2.5 hours when maintenance has completed.

~LaughingTrendy
  • mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Subspace party nullifier! Ha ha ha ha! You can't force me to have fun!
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • antzudanantzudan Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So now there's no reason not to continually turn on BO as soon the timers refreshed?

More button mashing... less thought...
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited July 2014
    And a "jovial" day it will be when I don't have to dance like a puppet on a string for some troll.

Now why don't you get to working on giving us the old Doff UI back, this new one sucks! Why change things if they're not broken!?

Agree with both. Especially the second one. Ironic that the new doff UI keeps adding things that were from the old doff UI. Why not just bring back all of the old doff UI? At least it worked.
  • fcsp1910fcsp1910 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    bi0f0dd3r wrote: »
    guess I'll Just Keep Asking, Over And Over And Over........

Doff Issues Still Lingering......are These Being Sorted Out?

>>>all Filters Boxes Are Checked, This Still Means You Have To Uncheck Every Box Except The One

For The Profession You're Looking For, This Is Neither Efficient, Nor Fun For Larger Assignments.

>>>cluster Based Missions Still Rotating On A 20hr Dept Head Timer....not Listed As A Known Issue,

Is This Really A Bug/oversight Or Is This New Behavior That's Working As Intended And Simply Never

Mentioned?

>>>frequency Of Cluster Missions, Colony Chains/supports/forced Labor Camps Is Still Halved W/

The Removal Of The Actual Cluster Maps, Their Frequency Should Be Increased At The New Nodes To

Compensate.

>>>cluster Missions Previously Available Via Dept Head......still Mia....again, Not Listed As A Known

Issue, Are These Being Added To The Sector Maps/cluster Lists/etc? (kdf 6hr Raids, Tech To Gq

Allies, Etc)

>>>rom/rem Boff Recruitment Seems To Have Gone Awol Also.

>>>chance Of Returning The "in Progress" List To The Old Format Of Time Till Finished Rather Than

Splitting It Into Departments?

A Little Insight As To If/when These Issues Are Being Addressed Would Be Appreciated.

Hear Hear!!!
  • antzudanantzudan Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Also can you clarify what this means please:

"Resolved an issue that was causing the MACO, Honor Guard, and Omega sets to display as belonging to two different sets."

?
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lebtron wrote: »
    Now we need crit overflow. Crit chance over 100% should convert into crit severity! Or we should get double crits! And in half a year tripple crits!

I read that as "tribble crits."
    I guess that your target's ship would get infested with tribbles, and the crew would slowly starve.
  • lonestar1017lonestar1017 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Normally when the server goes down, I can usually load the patch during this time. The launcher keeps kicking back a message of: Unable to Authenticate. Is this a temporary thing? Is it happening to anyone else?
  • kurok5kurok5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Normally when the server goes down, I can usually load the patch during this time. The launcher keeps kicking back a message of: Unable to Authenticate. Is this a temporary thing? Is it happening to anyone else?

Yeah, I'm getting the same message
  • defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Still needed for Doff UI:
    1. Doff/R&D blinking if buff missions aren't immediately used.
    2. List completed missions in order of completion.

That is all.:P
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well the devs have noticed that FAW is OP, so they made BO that too.

Can CRF, CSV, TS and HY get a buff too please?

Also, I'm no longer mind controlled by the rainbow troll balls. Thanks!!!! Just hope the 116 fix is good too.

Overall, best patch ever, even if my beloved motivation and deadly intent got nerfed into uselessness. The nullifier more than makes up for making me useless in ground.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Well the devs have noticed that FAW is OP, so they made BO that too.

Can CRF, CSV, TS and HY get a buff too please?

Also, I'm no longer mind controlled by the rainbow troll balls. Thanks!!!! Just hope the 116 fix is good too.

Overall, best patch ever, even if my beloved motivation and deadly intent got nerfed into uselessness. The nullifier more than makes up for making me useless in ground.

I wonder if there is any type of power creep that you would find is bad, or is it just you need all this power creep to be able to finish any elite STF, which would mean you really need to improve your gameplay.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited July 2014

It's working now. Sometimes it takes 30 minutes to an hour to be able to connect and get the patch. <waves at T>
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • emt27emt27 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Nice list... need more patch weeks like this
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Since we got the EC Nerf, can I have an application to open a vendor cart at the new ESD? I want to sell bacon wrapped sausages to all the toons.

EDIT: Maybe I can craft those? hehe

If you do, I'll make a cart to sell bacon-wrapped BACON.
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Narf! :)

To add to "Known Issues":
    Romulan vessels have no option to display a fleet logo
  • captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    add to bugs Liberated Borg can't change traits.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
    edited July 2014
    defcon1776 wrote: »
    Still needed for Doff UI:
    1. Doff/R&D blinking if buff missions aren't immediately used.
    2. List completed missions in order of completion.

That is all.:P

lol, i assume this is the sort list? :P
This discussion has been closed.